Hacking The Legend of Zelda BOTW DEMO being copied to an SD card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
how the hell would they dump the game? Does it not need soldering, and what about people in line, and staff workers?

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I don't think we know at this point. I don't think we've had the chance to work with an in development demo before.

Cool thank you for the quick reply. But what about developed and released demos? Have any wii u demos actually ever worked better on CEMU than their complete game counter parts. OR for any emulator for that matter?

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not going to say it doesn't peek my interest ,but i would be a lot more happy if a someone leaked the MML3 demo

TheDylantula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thank you for the quick reply. But what about developed and released demos? Have any wii u demos actually ever worked better on CEMU than their complete game counter parts. OR for any emulator for that matter?

A demo of a full game would just be a small game to the Wii U, and should be fairly polished. The code of Zelda BotW is still spaghetti, presumably, and likely will be more difficult to emulate. Don't quote me on this, though, as I'm not *that* familiar with how emulators and indev demos work.

cdogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have a picture or video of what the Zelda Wii U setups look like? Can you just pop an SD in the console? I'd assume the Wii U would be in some sort of case or enclosure.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a picture or video of what the Zelda Wii U setups look like? Can you just pop an SD in the console? I'd assume the Wii U would be in some sort of case or enclosure.
The information in the OP is presumably incorrect, the SD cards are locked down so they're using TCPGecko to dump it over the network.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why piss off the big N now?
i'd rather wait and not have the full game be blocked from loading through loadiine

cdogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The information in the OP is presumably incorrect, the SD cards are locked down so they're using TCPGecko to dump it over the network.
Ah, that makes more sense. Kinda surprised all of the consoles are connected to the internet though. Unless they set up a cell phone hotspot and connect the Wii U to it without anyone noticing.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that makes more sense. Kinda surprised all of the consoles are connected to the internet though. Unless they set up a cell phone hotspot and connect the Wii U to it without anyone noticing.
How do you expect them to run the exploit without internet access? :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmmm, interesting. How can they get TCPGecko on a Wii U without SD access? Does TCP not need SD access? (Apologies, I actually haven't fiddled with that yet)
You can load payloads from the internet.
Ok that's tricky and actually makes a lot of sense
The hardest part was porting the kexploit to run on CAT-R units.

Reactions: TheDylantula

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If people are really doing this, I hope they realize that what they are doing is a federal offense, with many, many years worth of prison time and not being able to own any electronic device for the rest of their life ...

Is it really worth that?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
If people are really doing this, I hope they realize that what they are doing is a federal offense, with many, many years worth of prison time and not being able to own any electronic device for the rest of their life ...

Is it really worth that?
Just gonna say this, it wouldn't be the first thing this guy has leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto