OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm following this guide from Lazr1026:

My Wii U is JP 32gb Black (Toshiba Chip) with Tiramisu + Aroma

Did exactly all steps (but don't read carefully and forgot install isfshax) next step to Erase MLC on isfshax minute won't let me erase MLC (not allowed!) so i've just Delete scfm.img and process Patch (sd) and boot IOS (slc) (With 52 USA titles) the console blinking blue for 6 hours, i felt too long so i decide to press power button to force shut off.

Now when turn console on, DVD check twice, black screen of death, no tv signal, no gamepad synced, stactic blue led, nothing else. The log file wafel_setup_mlc.log Just got few lines (see attatchment)
- I have got NAND backup files (except mlc backup because 32gb too big and i dont have 64gb sd card at the moment):
- otp.bin
- seeprom.bin
- slc.bin
- slcmpt.bin

Please help me, sorry for my English
Post automatically merged:

This guide:
The way I used to do it was tedious and was quite complex, however with the v2.0 release of the wafel_setup_mlc plugin, region changing has become much simpler.

It is identical to just rebuilding the MLC, but this has region changing specific notes added.

This does not change the region of the Gamepad, however you can still use an out-of-region gamepad with Aroma, which can be loaded with a Stroopwafel plugin, so you don't need to worry about getting a gamepad from the region you are changing to.

Following this guide will wipe the MLC. You should back up any saves you care about before following. Its possible to do it without wiping the MLC, you just skip the Erase MLC and Delete scfm.img steps, but you will have to remove the old titles with this wupclient (Right Click -> Save As).

Keep an OTP and SEEPROM backup. Nothing should go wrong, but it is better to have the most important backups and not need them vs. need them and not have them.

What you need

• Install isfshax. This is a requirement. You cannot region change without it. (You can also use de_Fuse, but at that point you probably already know what you are doing.)
    • Stop at the "Booting" section.
  • The release of the MLCRestorerDownloader for your OS.
  • The latest release of the MLC setup plugin.
  • The latest release of the Payloader plugin.
  • The latest files for Aroma. (If you already have it, you do not need to recopy it)
    • Read and tick the 4 boxes -> Click on Download Payloads and Download Base Aroma

Downloading the MLC Titles

1. Extract the MLCRestorerDownloader you downloaded.
  2. Copy the otp.bin into the extracted folder.
  3. Open a command prompt / terminal and run the application (ie .\MLCRestorerDownloader.exe for Windows users).
  4. Type in 1 the for MLC titles.
  5. Type in the number for the region you want to change to (ie 2 for USA).
  6. Wait for it to finish downloading. You can do part of the next section while you wait.

SD Setup

1. Copy the wafel_setup_mlc.ipx to sd:/wiiu/ios_plugins.
  2. Copy the wafel_payloader.ipx to sd:/wiiu/ios_plugins.
  3. Copy the two wiiu folders from the Aroma .zip files to the root of the SD.
  4. Copy the root.rpx from sd:/wiiu/environments/aroma to sd:/wiiu.
  5. Make a folder called wafel_install on the root of the SD and copy all 52 MLC titles here.
Region Changing

1. Boot the console.
    • If it does not automatically go into minute_minute, go install isfshax.
  2. Navigate to Backup and Restore.
  3. Select Erase MLC and then press EJECT to confirm.
  4. Select Delete scfm.img and press EJECT to confirm.
  5. Go back to the main menu and select Patch (sd) and boot IOS (slc).
  6. Wait for the LED to start blinking blue, this means the setup has started. Wait for it to stop blinking, that is when the setup has finished.
  7. Shut off the console and put the SD back into your PC.
  8. Check the wafel_setup_mlc.log file on the root and make sure there were no errors (everything should have 00000000, except for SetInitialLaunch, which will have a 1).
  9. If everything looks right, delete the wafel_setup_mlc.ipx file from sd:/wiiu/ios_plugins.
  10. Boot the console again, select Patch (sd) and boot IOS (slc), and you should be greeted with initial setup. Success!
After Region Changing

You can keep isfshax installed, or you can uninstall it. I would keep it, so you can load Aroma on boot without needing to install PayloadLoader, or as some form of 'brick protection'.

Credits

@SDIO: isfshax setup guides, the wafel_setup_mlc plugin, help get the PoC to work, cleaning up my code, making the region fixer more sane...
@GaryOderNichts: Also help me get the PoC working
@rw-r-r_0644: Finding isfshax and implementing it

Attachments

• 5EAF4F51-567B-466D-A674-1E86B3464024.jpeg
    5EAF4F51-567B-466D-A674-1E86B3464024.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
  • 0AA507FC-680E-4EAC-AF56-3F19D2E0A16E.jpeg
    0AA507FC-680E-4EAC-AF56-3F19D2E0A16E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 7FAFF09F-F35B-43FC-ABBB-4F449C08D6F1.jpeg
    7FAFF09F-F35B-43FC-ABBB-4F449C08D6F1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited by AresNguyen,

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The guide told you to install ISFShax.
Minute didn't let you erase the MLC and that you must install isfshax for that.
The delete SCFM gave you multiple warnings telling you that it will brick if you continue, because you don't have ISFShax installed.

You didn't install ISFShax but ignored the warning. Now it is bricked.

Deleting the scfm messed up the file system on the mlc. Because the mlc wasn't erased a new file system wasn't created.
The setup hung because of the damaged file system.
The OS can now no longer boot, because of the broken file system.
Because you didn't install ISFShax, your only option to launch minute is now via deFuse, which requires some soldering:
https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/wii_u_modchip/blob/main/pico_defuse/README.md
https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/wii_u_modchip/releases/tag/v0.8

Reactions: AresNguyen

AresNguyen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The guide told you to install ISFShax.
Minute didn't let you erase the MLC and that you must install isfshax for that.
The delete SCFM gave you multiple warnings telling you that it will brick if you continue, because you don't have ISFShax installed.

You didn't install ISFShax but ignored the warning. Now it is bricked.

Deleting the scfm messed up the file system on the mlc. Because the mlc wasn't erased a new file system wasn't created.
The setup hung because of the damaged file system.
The OS can now no longer boot, because of the broken file system.
Because you didn't install ISFShax, your only option to launch minute is now via deFuse, which requires some soldering:
https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/wii_u_modchip/blob/main/pico_defuse/README.md
https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/wii_u_modchip/releases/tag/v0.8
Is it possible and how to restore broken mlc cause by deleted scfm.img with no isfshax install? I only got these backup files from nanddumper: - otp.bin - seeprom.bin - slc.bin - slcmpt.bin, not backup from minute menu (already backup via minute 2 file: otp.bin - seeprom.bin) i can solder but need to wait few days to buy pi pico :(

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
once you have defuse, you can launch minute again and erase the mlc and scfm.img and restart the install.
Also you can try UDPIH once you have the pico, but that probably doesn't work as it seems your system is now crashing too early.

AresNguyen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
once you have defuse, you can launch minute again and erase the mlc and scfm.img and restart the install.
Also you can try UDPIH once you have the pico, but that probably doesn't work as it seems your system is now crashing too early.
If i defused, so will i need to install isfshax or just erase mlc & scfm.img ?
And i only have got 4gb sdcard right here is it alright?

AresNguyen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If i defused, so will i need to install isfshax or just erase mlc & scfm.img ? Pico device is shipping and arrived next few days

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You don't need isfshax with defuse, as defuse does more or less the same as an installed isfshax.
A 4GB card won't work, because that is already SDHC. The Wii U boot0 can only use SDSC, so 2GB and below.
From the defuse release you use only the file you flash on the pico. You prepare the 2GB SD by first flashing the boot1.img from the minute (fw.img) download linked in the region change guide. Then you have to format the card to FAT32 (not FAT16), after formatting extend the partition to the right, to fill the card and then copy the other files for the region change, including the otp.bin to the 2GB card.

AresNguyen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Pico is here. I will try UDPIH with isfshax first, if not working so try de_fuse, just drag and drop de_fuse uf2 file to pico to replace previous UDPIH uf2 firmware, right?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes just drop it on the drive that shows up. It should then automatically disconnect.

Also could you decide on one thread?

AresNguyen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Yes just drop it on the drive that shows up. It should then automatically disconnect.

Also could you decide on one thread?
Yes, sure, i'll ask you in this thread, thanks for your time and knowledge to help people, i'm newbie

Plugged the Pico with UDPIH, static purple led, tv shown weird strips with light orange & light blue colors

EDIT1: After blindly press buttons, finally enter minute menu and successful install isfshax without de_fuse, lucky me :rofl2:

EDIT2: Can't wait for your reply here, i'd search every related post on this forum and my Wii U came back to life, I bought everything new needed to solder the Pico de_fuse, but didn't use any of it, only UDPIH. Thank you!

Attachments

• 0B8C589C-421E-4FE0-941C-A4ACD9858324.jpeg
    0B8C589C-421E-4FE0-941C-A4ACD9858324.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 90AD148D-47DF-4BCD-9F24-0CAF77AAAFBB.jpeg
    90AD148D-47DF-4BCD-9F24-0CAF77AAAFBB.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users