Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm trying to launch Loadiine GX2. every time I've load kernel from web i get black screen with pixels or console freeze. I've tried any times. Want should I do? Thanks for any help. My system is 5.3.2.
Clear cookies and data, load 4 youtube/facebook tabs, restart console, etc. There are some tips in the OP.

akificko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just for your info.

Today, I've got a new Wii U (Nintendo Wii U Premium Pack black, 32GB incl. Mario Kart 8 (preinstalled)).
Comes from Amazon WHD Germany and unfortunately it is on FW 5.5.1. :(

I think refurbished ...it was definitly unused (made the initial setup and MK8 still was preinstalled)
I am sorry for you dude. But i think buying it from a physical store would be better. Because you can check the serial number and that would give you a tip about the fw version. I guess Amazon has either sold a refurbished one (which a customer bought but returned to amazon) or a new bundle woth new updated fw version.

You can return it back to amazon if you want. And try your chance on a physical store. If you live in Germany, try your chance in Mediamarkt and Saturn. They might have old stock bundles in their stores. Try to look a store which is not so popular ;)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I would like to dump a game, so I was reading the Dumpiine instructions and didn't understand this bit:
2. Get the Modified Kernel Exploit to run (Press B in the AIO Kernel Exploit).

But the section above it looked like what it was about (Kernel Exploit), now stuck on this:
3. Type your URL (IP+Port) from Mongoose into the URL field (Ex: http://192.168.1.239:8080)
Note: Bookmark your server URL for easier future access!

What is Mongoose? There's no section with that word in it :-(

Also what do I do with the Dumpiine files? The look like raw source files. Do I need to compile them or something? The instructions don't seem to say what I am supposed to do with them?

BlumCoLe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am sorry for you dude. But i think buying it from a physical store would be better. Because you can check the serial number and that would give you a tip about the fw version. I guess Amazon has either sold a refurbished one (which a customer bought but returned to amazon) or a new bundle woth new updated fw version.

You can return it back to amazon if you want. And try your chance on a physical store. If you live in Germany, try your chance in Mediamarkt and Saturn. They might have old stock bundles in their stores. Try to look a store which is not so popular ;)
Thanks for your commiseration.

I'm trying to sell it without profit or wait a few days (maybe the private exploit becomes public soon ;)) ...if not, the bundle goes back and I bought an expensive bundle. :/

Hm, it's not the end of the world...

Last edited by BlumCoLe,

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to dump a game, so I was reading the Dumpiine instructions and didn't understand this bit:

But the section above it looked like what it was about (Kernel Exploit), now stuck on this:

Also what do I do with the Dumpiine files? The look like raw source files. Do I need to compile them or something? The instructions don't seem to say what I am supposed to do with them?
Mongoose is a web server hosting app just search "Mongoose webserver"

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1) You must use the modified kernel exploit to run both Loadiine and Dumpiine. The original kernel exploit is for the rest of the hacks.
2) Mongoose is the webserver to run on your PC
3) The Dumpiine files are on your PC, which are available to your Wii U because of Mongoose.

I recommend downloading the DefinitivePackage ("Can you just give me one download package with everything in it?") and reading through the OP.

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If hacking, you mean running loadiine, no it isn't, no one developed it for anything other than 5.3.2 or 5.4.0. Just get a game with 5.3.2 update. Offline updates or a homebrew channel are still months away, if ever to exist.

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If hacking, you mean running loadiine, no it isn't, no one developed it for anything other than 5.3.2 or 5.4.0. Just get a game with 5.3.2 update. Offline updates or a homebrew channel are still months away, if ever to exist.
I mainly want to run game backups, but i'm guessing that's included in what you're saying.

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Okay thanks, follow up question, are games like Mario Maker's online features usable on older firmwares, or do we need to update the Wii U to access ANYTHING online? Just weighing up my options here, seeing if loadline is worth being on old software.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks, follow up question, are games like Mario Maker's online features usable on older firmwares, or do we need to update the Wii U to access ANYTHING online? Just weighing up my options here, seeing if loadline is worth being on old software.
Unless something's changed nothing can be used online from Loadiine period

Reactions: fiveighteen

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Questions, I saw on Reddit someone mention that there is a way to run gamecube and wii game backups even on 5.5.1, is this true? And if so, does it also cost me online access to do this?
Yes it is and no it won't. Check out Nintendont and either WiiFlow, USBLoader GX, or CFG Loader for GameCube and Wii Games respectively

Gameplayer9198

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My router URL filtering requires a single port for each entry what ports do i use? I have a max of 100 entries.
untitled-bmp.39882

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    237.4 KB · Views: 725
Last edited by Gameplayer9198,

Jaucent23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have to ask at this point since I have been at this for a while now, I havent found a clear tutorial on how to run the Kernal Exploit on my 5.4.0U Wii U, correct me if I wrong, but nothing has to be done? You just have to visit any of the websites mentioned, select Kernal Exploit, and hope it installs it? and if it doesnt try again? BTW I have nothing on my SD Card, please inform if I am missing something.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have to ask at this point since I have been at this for a while now, I havent found a clear tutorial on how to run the Kernal Exploit on my 5.4.0U Wii U, correct me if I wrong, but nothing has to be done? You just have to visit any of the websites mentioned, select Kernal Exploit, and hope it installs it? and if it doesnt try again? BTW I have nothing on my SD Card, please inform if I am missing something.
That should do it. Note, though, that it's not really "installing" anything. The Kernel Exploit has to be re-run every time the Wii U is booted before running a hack. You may have trouble getting it to work the first time (freezing or garbage data/pixels) but once you get it to say Success or Race Attack Failed you should have a much better rate of getting it to work thereafter. To get past the freezing try clearing cookies/data in the browser or any other tips from the OP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I feel like you wanted to make it something else but didn't want sickly slapping you