Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys.

I asked a long time ago (may 2010) Archeide the author of SNEmulDS, a SNES emulator for the nintendo DS, about a possible restart/rebirth of his project.
He said, his code is so outdated that it will be a pity for him to port it at least to Dev Kit Pro r23. It's been a long time he hasn't touched any code on the DS console. :(
After his answer i decided to ask someone who helped him in some part of the code, Alek Maul.
Alek never promised me to have a look at the source code, but he said he will when he get a moment.
Seems that he was too busy ... so i'm here today opening this thread. ^_^

Is there any coder interested to rebirth this project ? Maybe we could open a SVN ?

maybe avenir ? huiminghao ? or even normmatt ? ^_^

Thanks.

>> Current source code

Edit : Source code moved from Google code to Sourceforge

http://sourceforge.net/projects/snemuldsx/

Edit 2 : New project opened by cotodevel, a revival version

https://github.com/cotodevel/SnemulDS

Last edited by Mbmax,

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to find the sourcecode for the latest version first. Or ask Archeide directly, but I haven't heard from him since around the time of the last release.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only known source code is for 0.5. Unfortunately no 0.6WIP2 one. So I quit after building on DKPr23 (with extlink support and without file browser lol).
Graphic glitches and no key input...

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@avenir : The last sources available are the one of the 0.6WIP2.

I just send an email to archeide showing him this post. I hope he will drop a line in there.
happy.gif

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's too bad that Archeide never declared this project dead and people kept having hope . It would be awesome if this project is going to be reborn
smile.gif

Reactions: SLiV3R

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wait, you mean it was privately released to you? Nevermind then, I thought you found the source for the latest version publicly or something.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've got it as far as compiling under devkitarm r34 and latest libnds and it does partially work however the sound code is broken and i believe the compatibility problems are because the arm7 and arm9 arent syncing like the should be.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
I've got it as far as compiling under devkitarm r34 and latest libnds and it does partially work however the sound code is broken and i believe the compatibility problems are because the arm7 and arm9 arent syncing like the should be.
As Mbmax said, welcome aboard, and more importantly, thanks for even taking the time of day to look at it.

Gladius is the guy to talk to for the sound engine. He made a partially-working SPC engine for the GBA, which evolved into the SPC engine used in SNES DS, SnezziDS, and SNEmulDS. All of them used the ARM7 exclusively.

I believe Wintermute (maintainer of DevKitARM) discouraged the use of IPC for ARM9/ARM7 syncing a while ago. I don't know if there are modern equivalents, though I believe there are.

alekmaul

Trophies
Website
www.portabledev.com
XP
Country
France
Hi All,
Well, i will try to contact Archeide about the last source code. I've got one version, but don't know if it is the last one.
I tried to compile SNEmulDS with last devkit but there are lots of pb due to the fact that Archeide tried to use specific ld scripts to optimize memory management (for pecketspc for example). I stopped, because of Flashback, AnotherWorld and lot's of others projects/
I think we can change IPC management with last FIFO management (this feature was not here during last snemulds version), it will not be difficult.
Someone wants to help me with this task ?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
alekmaul said:
Hi All,
Well, i will try to contact Archeide about the last source code. I've got one version, but don't know if it is the last one.
I tried to compile SNEmulDS with last devkit but there are lots of pb due to the fact that Archeide tried to use specific ld scripts to optimize memory management (for pecketspc for example). I stopped, because of Flashback, AnotherWorld and lot's of others projects/
I think we can change IPC management with last FIFO management (this feature was not here during last snemulds version), it will not be difficult.
Someone wants to help me with this task ?

Ive already done most of it, it just need some fixing up. But its compiling and it does use FIFO for alot of stuff although not sure how to sync it up without using some sort of IPC like he had it.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
alekmaul said:
great, need help for something ?
For starters the gui code is very annoying in that I have to call scankeys at just the right time or touch presses are always detected as drags. I spent 2 hours trying to get it to work correctly and I think I've got a balance that's close enough for now but its still annoying. I also need to sync up the sound with the arm9 without using the dirty while loops present in his code as they stop the other interrupts from occurring which prevents input from being recognized.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alek,

what are the acronyms you used here? "pb" = "problems" I can assume, but I can't figure out what "ld" is.

I want to help you with this, yes, but I know I don't have the programming knowledge to be helpful. I have very limited knowledge of SNES opcodes and speedhacks, and I have a basic knowledge of MIPS assembly, but I don't know how helpful that is.

EDIT: I see a few replies here, most more qualified than I am. Nevermind then.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...