Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks. Merry Christmas to you too.

NTR (DS mode) is unsupported, see:

The usual steps to download/use SnemulDS are as follows:
Head to https://bitbucket.org/Coto88/snemulds/

Pick your branch of choice, if you have a TWL unit (DSi) and Unlaunch installed, you can use "sdd1" branch from the drop down gray button, then scroll down until "Latest stable release:", click the link, download the latest build, extract ALL the files from "release/arm7dldi-twl" into your TWL SD card, root path. If it asks to override, yes to all.

Now boot "ToolchainGenericDS-multiboot.srl", choose "SnemulDS_sdd1.srl" and the game you want to boot. It's that simple.

-

DSP branch - December 29th 2023 changelog:

Source

Download

Thanks, I think the problem was that there was a typo in the file name

First of all, happy new year, I hope today is a good day and you have a great time in the company of your loved ones.

With these advances that have been made, one day we will be able to see Super Mario RPG running on SnemulDS?

Feliz año nuevo desde México!

Last edited by Angelus,
Reactions: Dre4mR

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably not in DS Lite, maybe in a SNEmulDS version exclusive for New3DS.

Feliz año nuevo desde Iztapalapa para el Mundo 🥴

Es gracioso ver cómo hay bastante gente que hable español por aquí jajajajaj

I was referring to the TWL version, with the recent addition of the ssd 1 branch I see a lot of opportunities

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks, I think the problem was that there was a typo in the file name

First of all, happy new year, I hope today is a good day and you have a great time in the company of your loved ones.

With these advances that have been made, one day we will be able to see Super Mario RPG running on SnemulDS?

Feliz año nuevo desde México!
Happy new year from Chile! México es país hermano! lml

SuperFX in DSi is not possible due to current Snes9X SuperFX being LLE (or a hackish LLE mixed with HLE).

1) SuperFX is 21.4Mhz so you can imagine the 1/10th cycle rule doesn't work @ 133mhz TWL CPU. 133 / 10 = 13mhz (a.k.a only theoretically SuperFX 1 HLE games could run full speed on TWL)

2) Keep in mind the SNES APU is 1.024Mhz(1024000khz), and an assembly core runs more or less fine on ARM7 @ 33mhz (the 1/10th cycle rule applies here) provided it's written in assembly only and only in assembly. So it runs full speed, and what actually SnemulDS does.
I've tried running C SPC700 core before in ARM7 and runs slow as hell, sort of like 3-4 samples per second @ 32000khz audio timer playback.

CX4, DSP and S-DD1 are HLE, hence they run (mostly) full speed on the NTR/TWL hardware as HLE is basically doing what the chip does abstracted in High Level and then compiled as native ARM code.

Last edited by Coto,

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Happy new year from Chile! México es país hermano! lml

SuperFX in DSi is not possible due to current Snes9X SuperFX being LLE (or a hackish LLE mixed with HLE).

1) SuperFX is 21.4Mhz so you can imagine the 1/10th cycle rule doesn't work @ 133mhz TWL CPU. 133 / 10 = 13mhz (a.k.a only theoretically SuperFX 1 HLE games could run full speed on TWL)

2) Keep in mind the SNES APU is 1.024Mhz(1024000khz), and an assembly core runs more or less fine on ARM7 @ 33mhz (the 1/10th cycle rule applies here) provided it's written in assembly only and only in assembly. So it runs full speed, and what actually SnemulDS does.
I've tried running C SPC700 core before in ARM7 and runs slow as hell, sort of like 3-4 samples per second @ 32000khz audio timer playback.

CX4, DSP and S-DD1 are HLE, hence they run (mostly) full speed on the NTR/TWL hardware as HLE is basically doing what the chip does abstracted in High Level and then compiled as native ARM code.

Thank you for being able to explain in detail, And yes, with the information you told me, I understand that it would not be praiseworthy to do so, even though as a user of an NDSi I dream of one day being able to see it with my eyes.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thank you for being able to explain in detail, And yes, with the information you told me, I understand that it would not be praiseworthy to do so, even though as a user of an NDSi I dream of one day being able to see it with my eyes.
Nope. Nothing like that. it'd have to be both a SuperFX HLE C core (no processor context whatsoever) ported to ARM assembly in TWL mode and it'd work on TWL units (Super FX1 & 2).

Otherwise it'd be SuperFX HLE core in C for SuperFX 1 only.

Last edited by Coto,

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope. Nothing like that. it'd have to be both a SuperFX HLE C core (no processor context whatsoever) ported to ARM assembly in TWL mode and it'd work on TWL units (Super FX1 & 2).

Otherwise it'd be SuperFX HLE core in C for SuperFX 1 only.

At least reading your response comforts me, now there is only so much I have to learn to be able to support the community to achieve something like this
Post automatically merged:

Another important question, will there be a build where all the roms run with extended memory? (TWL MODE)

Last edited by Angelus,

nibbles27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As for people unsatisfied with a bit of the issues that ver 0.6d developed just use the version 0.6c that Coto updated that comes with Twilight Menu ++ it is more stable and still has alot of the updates he has put in until 0.6d. He ended up doing alot of work on the emulator but since does not want to waste his time as he has moved onto other projects.

https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiLightMenu/releases

Download the TWiLightMenu-Flashcard.7z one and use /_nds/TWiLightMenu/emulators/SNEmulDS.nds from the zip file.

Gets rid of the occasional stuttering 0.6d has that problem. And still is pretty optimised compared to 0.6a legacy.

EDIT:
And also for DSi users, until Coto finihses polishing up the little issues compared to 0.6c maybe as he has updated a bit in his spare time just use the New snes emu 0.6c that comes with Twilight Menu ++ to launch SNES .smc files/games directly from Twilight Menu ++.

Set this line in your config: in root:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini

Under [SRLOADER] add a line -

Code:
NEW_SNES_EMU_VER = 1

I know there has been alot of talk about this so maybe you might be satisfied with 0.6c

Last edited by nibbles27,

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm glad to see there is still someone working on this emulator. I edited my first post added the bitbucket link.
Thanks Coto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto