Homebrew [SNEmulDS] Rebirth the project and update it for the last DKP

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Does the emulator now have the chip inside the street fighter alpha 2 for thw snes?
no, and there won't be one (from me) because in order to fit 6M games requires rewriting rom paging code (for NTR backwards compat) otherwise it'd be TWL only. Also the DMA core would have to be rewritten (because SDD-1 performs DMA transfers from ROM directly)
Post automatically merged:

Another SnemulDS update, some sound fixes & this time it deals with self-recovery of faulty snemul.cfg files .

revert ADC/SUB APU fixes, while they do pass some tests cause issues with pitch/bending effects

Rewritten snemul.cfg reload logic. It's removed from repository and it's automatically generated from scratch & it's still persistent in filesystem.

Note: SnemulDS will detect if a valid snemul.cfg exists, and if it's invalid, it'll regenerate one from scratch every time it boots up.
Optionally, you can rebuild it from the "Options" tab, through the button "Config: Reset now" anytime.
The reason of this is that sometimes an invalid snemul.cfg may cause known games to white screens, if so, you can rebuild it immediately without touching a PC.

Donkey Kong Country 3 is now fully playable on TWL units.

fix Megaman X2, Megaman X3 and DKC3 segfaults at startup in TWL mode.

Download

Last edited by Coto,

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i save cfg for donkey kong country (u) to be playable. when i run the game again don't load cfg with configuration for it.

Last edited by nitrozz,

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
cfg related errors like update/delete are due to no memory left for further operations, and have nothing to do with cfg creation / deletion. So can't help you there.

Rollback the cfg settings using the steps described in the last post, and you'll get your known working game booting again.

Last edited by Coto,

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Every time I select a rom file, a message appears before loading "Normal NTR mem"
Is there a way to change it to TWL? or am I forgetting a step? (I followed the instructions contained in the attached readme file)

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Every time I select a rom file, a message appears before loading "Normal NTR mem"
Is there a way to change it to TWL? or am I forgetting a step? (I followed the instructions contained in the attached readme file)
In order to achieve the same compatibility as its NTR SnemulDS counterpart, TWL SnemulDS always falls back to NTR memory mapping. TWL memory mapping breaks several games due to mirroring so no. Ask another developer to improve SnemulDS.

Dre4mR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In order to achieve the same compatibility as its NTR SnemulDS counterpart, TWL SnemulDS always falls back to NTR memory mapping. TWL memory mapping breaks several games due to mirroring so no. Ask another developer to improve SnemulDS.
SnemulDS is a project made in 2008, how are we still stuck with it? It seems like no one really cares. “Ask another developer” is not an excuse.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
SnemulDS is a project made in 2008, how are we still stuck with it? It seems like no one really cares. “Ask another developer” is not an excuse.
Well it is now, since i'm not working on SnemulDS anymore. So IDGAF whatever you want to frame me, I've moved onto other stuff (back in 2020, but I wanted to give proper TWL support for SnemulDS first).

Dre4mR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well it is now, since i'm not working on SnemulDS anymore. So IDGAF whatever you want to frame me, I've moved onto other stuff (back in 2020, but I wanted to give proper TWL support for SnemulDS first).
It’s ok. Everybody can do whatever he wants. I was just talking in general.

jefsilva

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Works great on basic NTR but the TWL still have issues (yeah I have both loaders) like not booting or something else, but anyways thanks so much for your time and hard work I can finally play my favorite Megaman X games on my DS lite 👏🤝🙏🙌

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Works great on basic NTR but the TWL still have issues (yeah I have both loaders) like not booting or something else, but anyways thanks so much for your time and hard work I can finally play my favorite Megaman X games on my DS lite 👏🤝🙏🙌
no, SnemulDS TWL works great in TWL Unit (Japanese DSiLL) as long you follow the instructions. Been using it the whole week.
And about a dozen of other users reporting the same. Touchscreen included.

There are other issues, mostly related to SnemulDS running out of memory. Not much I can do about it.

Reactions: jefsilva

jefsilva

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no, SnemulDS TWL works great in TWL Unit (Japanese DSiLL) as long you follow the instructions. Been using it the whole week.
And about a dozen of other users reporting the same. Touchscreen included.

There are other issues, mostly related to SnemulDS running out of memory. Not much I can do about it.
I guess I should read the instructions more carefully again to not report a wrong issue made by a foolish from my part, thanks for the heads up!

Also don't worry on "Not much I can do about it" because you made a lot until now and I appreciate your efforts, sincerely.

jefsilva

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no, SnemulDS TWL works great in TWL Unit (Japanese DSiLL) as long you follow the instructions.
Hello there! I think I figured out why I couldn't run the SNEmulDS with toolchain on TWL it's because I'm running it on my Nintendo DS LITE which have only 4mb Ram it means it's a weak device in comparison with the DSiLL but on the basic NTR SNEmulDS by coto works great and I'm still having so much fun! 🕹️👾🎮

Attachments

• 20231204_172235.jpg
    20231204_172235.jpg
    993.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by jefsilva,
Reactions: Angelus

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello there! I think I figured out why I couldn't run the SNEmulDS with toolchain on TWL it's because I'm running it on my Nintendo DS LITE which have only 4mb Ram it means it's a weak device in comparison with the DSiLL but on the basic NTR SNEmulDS by coto works great and I'm still having so much fun! 🕹️👾🎮

I just love how you can play megaman x2, now I only dream of being able to play Super Mario RPG

Reactions: jefsilva

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is probably impossible from what I know.

I know, it is a dream that I have had since I was able to try homebrew, although what is not impossible is to be able to play killer instinct, even though in my case it has low FPS and graphic errors, In fact, at some point I considered testing the roms with different configurations one by one, even though using SnemulDS in .srl format is difficult for me, since sometimes they run, sometimes they don't, Any suggestions? Any suggestions?

Reactions: Dre4mR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up