Homebrew [SNEmulDS] Rebirth the project and update it for the last DKP

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
Nautilus (under) Lake Como, Italy šŸ‡®šŸ‡¹
XP
Country
Italy
Any suggestions? Any suggestions?
Do you want a suggestion? Pray alongside all of us that some kind and generous developer will step forward to port a new SNES emulator to DSi, one of the many open source ones available (zsnes, snes9x, higan etc.). šŸ™ šŸ˜‰

Reactions: jefsilva and Dre4mR

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you want a suggestion? Pray alongside all of us that some kind and generous developer will step forward to port a new SNES emulator to DSi, one of the many open source ones available (zsnes, snes9x, higan etc.). šŸ™ šŸ˜‰

All my hopes are placed on that idea, although if I'm honest, I'm learning some code because I still want to run the roms more and better.
Now I only see it as a titanic task because of the overwhelming nature of the task, but I hope I can do something to improve this situation, Because if I'm honest, I would still like to contribute to the community

Reactions: Dre4mR and Nikokaro

jefsilva

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just love how you can play megaman x2, now I only dream of being able to play Super Mario RPG
Gladly we can share a good and positive perspective I think the same about Dragon Quest 3 too, cross the fingers regarding the future buddy šŸ¤ž

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Helloik this stupid but like is there a way to just emulate 2 games than every snes game
Like just emulate tge chips for only 2 game if im talking about 2 game its
Super street fighter turbo and
Street fighter alpha 2

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Helloik this stupid but like is there a way to just emulate 2 games than every snes game
Like just emulate tge chips for only 2 game if im talking about 2 game its
Super street fighter turbo and
Street fighter alpha 2
Super street fighters 2 It runs decently, just try to configure the speed and move the priority of the Sprites a little, on the other hand, Street fighters alpha 2 cannot be an emulator due to the chips it needs

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Angelus are you using an ds phat/lite or an dsi?

I use a DSi with Twilight menu V26.3.1 and run the SNES roms using Coto's repository and his SnemulDS project
Post automatically merged:

Regardless of the system, I have also tried the Street Fighter roms on a DS phat/lite and the answer is the same as what I gave you, unless you have a memory expansion, You improve performance a lot, although this will not allow you to load the alpha version due to the aforementioned reasons.

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
I use a DSi with Twilight menu V26.3.1 and run the SNES roms using Coto's repository and his SnemulDS project

Regardless of the system, I have also tried the Street Fighter roms on a DS phat/lite and the answer is the same as what I gave you, unless you have a memory expansion, You improve performance a lot, although this will not allow you to load the alpha version due to the aforementioned reasons.
WIll ever street fighter alpha chip get supported?

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Clear! But only if someone can port an open source emulator to the DSi (the DSi model specifically to be able to enhance the games a little, Even someone very skilled could work to get other SFX caliber chips to run)
Remember, only if someone makes modifications or improvements can it be achieved, with the current state of the emulator, I do not see it possible in the short term

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Clear! But only if someone can port an open source emulator to the DSi (the DSi model specifically to be able to enhance the games a little, Even someone very skilled could work to get other SFX caliber chips to run)
Remember, only if someone makes modifications or improvements can it be achieved, with the current state of the emulator, I do not see it possible in the short term
Im talking about the ds light not dsi

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
I mentioned the DSi because it could be improved there, due to the difference in power, a DSPhat/live may never have roms like that supported
@Angelus sry for pingin but can you test something for me pls
Pls test front mission gun hazard on the snemulds revival on the ds lite or phatnot dsi plssssss im busy and im pretty sure you can testit

Btw i think snemulds revival download page is bug i cant download the files

no, and there won't be one (from me) because in order to fit 6M games requires rewriting rom paging code (for NTR backwards compat) otherwise it'd be TWL only. Also the DMA core would have to be rewritten (because SDD-1 performs DMA transfers from ROM directly)

Another SnemulDS update, some sound fixes & this time it deals with self-recovery of faulty snemul.cfg files .

Download
Hey bro where the snemulds.cfg?
Its gone like i cant download it

Last edited by yoooblls,

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Merry Christmas!

1703463005482.png

1703463020641.png

1703463029886.png

1703463039562.png

Download

Source

-Added S-DD1 co processor support! Street Fighter Alpha 2 is fully playable now. Star Ocean is UNSUPPORTED.
-TWL mode ONLY. Because the NTR CPU is too slow to handle this co processor as it's too slow & not enough RAM.

Last edited by Coto,

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Merry Christmas!

View attachment 410198

View attachment 410199

View attachment 410200

View attachment 410201

- Release will be ready on December 25th (about 3 hours more).

- TWL Mode only (SnemulDS S-DD1). NTR mode will not be supported as it's too slow.
Star Ocean doesn't work, and i'm not going to support it
Yooooooo

Merry Christmas!

View attachment 410198

View attachment 410199

View attachment 410200

View attachment 410201

- TWL Mode only (SnemulDS S-DD1). NTR mode will not be supported as it's too slow.
I need to wait for 26 more min bet

Merry Christmas!

View attachment 410198

View attachment 410199

View attachment 410200

View attachment 410201

Wait @Coto sry pingin but twilight mode only? So no Ds damn

Can the expansion pak (flashxard that has ram as an expansion like opera expansion ez 3in 1 and supercard sd can this expasnion pak be used for mor speed pls) if can

Bro so close for me to play but still great work

Last edited by yoooblls,

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mega Man X3 - Project Zero (US).sfc stop working with last ver supporting S-DD1 error

Attachments

• IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 15

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Can the expansion pak (flashxard that has ram as an expansion like opera expansion ez 3in 1 and supercard sd can this expasnion pak be used for mor speed pls) if can
No because:

1) NTR CPU is too slow for S-DD1 DMA transfer -> PPU (byte per bye emulation transfers).
2) slot-2 memory expansion is scarse among DS users. It was back in the day, and it's now.

Mega Man X3 - Project Zero (US).sfc stop working with last ver supporting S-DD1 error
It's expected. Due to memory constraints, only 1 co processor per branch is available:

GIT Branch TGDS1.65 ->CX4
GIT Branch dsp -> all DSP revs
GIT Branch sdd1 -> S-DD1

Best compatibility for non co processor games is TGDS1.65 branch.

It's explained across different README.MD, depending on the branch.

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
First of all, Merry Christmas, I hope you are having a good time, also to thank you for your tremendous contribution

The second thing is a question, since I have a problem why I cannot get the rom to run with the update, it appears as in NTR mode, Any advice you can give me to fix the problem?
Thanks. Merry Christmas to you too.

NTR (DS mode) is unsupported, see:
-Added S-DD1 co processor support! Street Fighter Alpha 2 is fully playable now. Star Ocean is UNSUPPORTED.
-TWL mode ONLY. Because the NTR CPU is too slow to handle this co processor as it's too slow & not enough RAM.

No because:

1) NTR CPU is too slow for S-DD1 DMA transfer -> PPU (byte per bye emulation transfers).
2) slot-2 memory expansion is scarse among DS users. It was back in the day, and it's now.

It's explained across different README.MD, depending on the branch.

The usual steps to download/use SnemulDS are as follows:
Head to https://bitbucket.org/Coto88/snemulds/

Pick your branch of choice, if you have a TWL unit (DSi) and Unlaunch installed, you can use "sdd1" branch from the drop down gray button, then scroll down until "Latest stable release:", click the link, download the latest build, extract ALL the files from "release/arm7dldi-twl" into your TWL SD card, root path. If it asks to override, yes to all.

Now boot "ToolchainGenericDS-multiboot.srl", choose "SnemulDS_sdd1.srl" and the game you want to boot. It's that simple.

-

DSP branch - December 29th 2023 changelog:

- Implemented
Vblank fast: forces the emulator to draw a whole frame, preventing frameskips, but won't slow down to sync to NDS Vblank interrupts. (fixes TWL mode to match NTR mode rendering speed)

Vblank full: forces the emulator + NDS Vblank interrupt to draw a whole frame, preventing frameskips. Cause massive slowdown, even more in TWL mode due to ARM9i Vblank bug, but required for some games.

Recommended setting is Vblank fast to get a smooth framerate while fast rendering.

- bugfixes in the vblank config handler's User Interface toggle event, now it's synced correctly to snemul.cfg

Restored ARGV support. TGDS-multiboot can run SnemulDS 0.6d directly along a chosen filepath

Source

Download

Last edited by Coto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto