Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

link270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome thread, super helpful, I always came back to it while I was trying to get everything working on my wii U.

Thanks!

Reactions: fiveighteen

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time for my final confirmation. Splatoon with 101215A is 100% 5.3.2?
Case: WUP P AGME USZ 101215A Made in Japan
Disc Top: WUP-P-AGME-USA-0 Model No. WUP-006 (USA)
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AGME 00 JPN S0
Firmware: 5.3.2

If the case, disc top, and disc bottom match, I don't see why the FW shouldn't either :P

akificko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have bought a Mario Kart 8 Premium Preinstalled bundle with Serial No FEH1098XXXX. Thanksfully it was on Firmware 4.0.1E

I also bought a Splatoon disc which i heard it would be best because there is not a reprint on this game. It is maybe right. I made the update with this disc and Thanks God that I have ended up with Firmware 5.3.2E :)

Splatoon disc details are below:

Case: WUP P AGMP 2325147T Made in Japan
Disc Top: WUP-P-AGMP-EUR-0 Model No. WUP-006 (EUR)
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AGMP 00 JPN S0

Last edited by akificko,
Reactions: fiveighteen

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
I have bought a Mario Kart 8 Premium Preinstalled bundle with Serial No FEH1098XXXX. Thanksfully it was on Firmware 4.0.1E

I also bought a Splatoon disc which i heard it would be best because there is not a reprint on this game. It is maybe right. I made the update with this disc and Thanks God that I have ended up with Firmware 5.3.2E :)

Splatoon disc details are below:

Case: WUP P AGMP 2325147T Made in Japan
Disc Top: WUP-P-AGMP-EUR-0 Model No. WUP-006 (EUR)
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AGMP 00 JPN S0
fantastic well done you. am glad for you. was it a new machine or was it 2nd hand. if new, from which shop????? just interested....thanks

epicrean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just poking fun, but the next update will be as follows:

02/19/16: Hykem's IOSU Exploit for 2.0.0 to 5.5.1 expected before April. Stay on whatever FW you are on for now and use TubeHax DNS to block updates!

Reactions: KytuzuEX

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very possible. When it's done, it's done. Anyone that has developed any kind of software (let alone hacking software) knows that both errors and new ideas come up and things take time. I've also heard that devs are in possession of the IOSU Exploit and are developing fancy things for it so that when it is released, you actually have things to use it for and don't say "YAY IT'S FINALLY HERE, OMG I'VE BEEN SO ANGRY WAITING FOR IT... NOW WHAT DOES IT DO? :huh:"

I'd personally release on April 1st to ironically rub it in the faces of those who think it's a joke anyways.

Timrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I am attempting to load a copy of The Wonderful 101 through Loadiine on my 5.4.0 Wii U. I know it's not compatible with the Miimaker launch point, so I used a physical copy of Smash Bros I bought off Amazon a few weeks ago. When I run Smash, it tells me that something needs an update but doesn't say what it is. Is this the Smash disc trying to update my firmware, or is this the update files for Wonderful 101 that I put in the SD card (I decrypted them and everything and replaced all files)? If it's the Smash disc that's bad I guess I'm just gonna box up my Wii U until IOS-U comes out.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I am attempting to load a copy of The Wonderful 101 through Loadiine on my 5.4.0 Wii U. I know it's not compatible with the Miimaker launch point, so I used a physical copy of Smash Bros I bought off Amazon a few weeks ago. When I run Smash, it tells me that something needs an update but doesn't say what it is. Is this the Smash disc trying to update my firmware, or is this the update files for Wonderful 101 that I put in the SD card (I decrypted them and everything and replaced all files)? If it's the Smash disc that's bad I guess I'm just gonna box up my Wii U until IOS-U comes out.
It's probably Smash saying that Smash needs an update. You can compare your disc/case to the ones listed in the OP to see what it should have though (to my knowledge none are above 5.4.0).

Timrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably Smash saying that Smash needs an update. You can compare your disc/case to the ones listed in the OP to see what it should have though (to my knowledge none are above 5.4.0).

Yeah, I just compared my case and it's the one with 5.4.0 on it. The question now becomes how do I get Smash to update without opening the floodgates for a firmware update?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I just compared my case and it's the one with 5.4.0 on it. The question now becomes how do I get Smash to update without opening the floodgates for a firmware update?
Use the "NEW NUSGrabberGUI" to download the Smash update on PC, then put it on your SD card and use WUP Installer on Wii U (you might need this special 5.4.0 version?) to install it.

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

Nixxe^

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hello folks i have a question. The thing is that i want to soft mod the vwii and now comes that question do i need to be on a spesific FW or can i softmod the vwii on any FW? Im new to this wii u things.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can we acess the SD Card with bypassing the browser permission ? If not, can we write file into the Wii U Memory ?

Be cause i don't know if memcpy copy file into the memory, or just if the file prints it temporary and move it to a another variable.

Like :

Code:
int source = 1;
int destination =  0;
memcpy(destination, source, 1); // This will chang destination to source so it will be like that

source = 1;
destination = 1;
But while, moving "source" to "destination" does it pass by the memory to stock it temporarely ? Or does it stock to the memory until the web browser is opened ?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks i have a question. The thing is that i want to soft mod the vwii and now comes that question do i need to be on a spesific FW or can i softmod the vwii on any FW? Im new to this wii u things.
vWii side is completely separate from Wii U side, so you can softmod it from any Wii U FW.

@NexoCube, I want to say it gets stored in memory, but I haven't actually developed anything (yet?) to know how it's done for sure, so you're better off tagging or asking a dev. Idk if they'll see it in this thread otherwise, since it's mainly just for getting existing hacks running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.