Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Ryuiku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just received my order of that exact same thing from Best Buy yesterday (UHS-1 Class 10), so I'll try it out tonight and see what happens. Are you sure the lock switch isn't on, and are you able to export a Mii picture to it and open it on your PC? (Use Mii Maker app)
been busy, but heres my input. im not using the same card but i am using microsd to sd adapter. my first time trying to get it to work it wasnt read, wasnt found. i was super confused, but i took it out, turned the console off then put it in and powered the wii u back on. it was read! it was super weird, but i think my first time using it it needed to be in before turning the wii u on, considering now i just take it out and insert it willy nilly :P

manic_miner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can somebody please kindly point me to to an article explaining how to run downloaded WII ISOs on WIIU ? The forum has done wonderful job on explaining how to run WIIU games, there is plenty of information on how to run WII games on WII, but - WII on WIIU ? My WIIU arrives in two day and I want to be ready :-)

blurx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please kindly point me to to an article explaining how to run downloaded WII ISOs on WIIU ? The forum has done wonderful job on explaining how to run WIIU games, there is plenty of information on how to run WII games on WII, but - WII on WIIU ? My WIIU arrives in two day and I want to be ready :-)

Look for those Loadiine ready releases.

manic_miner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Loadiine requires 5.3.2 and there is a big change I wil get 5.5.0
But AFAIK WIIU should be hackable for WII (not WIIU) games even on this fw.

manic_miner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I DO use Dolphin (mostly Mario Partys with my daughter), but while my PC handles Gamecube relatively well, it struggles somewhat with WII. Also emulation has glitches here and there so it would be nice to play it on the "real thing" with all the controllers. Also, when the WIIU gets a hack for 5.5.0 (if I'm lucky I will get much lesser firmware, but I don't count on it), I will get WIIU games as well. So that's the plan :)
I'll check tomorrow if by chance any of my friends doesn't have any of the needed WII games the save exploits are for. If not, Batman will cost me about 20€ which is not that bad :D

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I DO use Dolphin (mostly Mario Partys with my daughter), but while my PC handles Gamecube relatively well, it struggles somewhat with WII. Also emulation has glitches here and there so it would be nice to play it on the "real thing" with all the controllers. Also, when the WIIU gets a hack for 5.5.0 (if I'm lucky I will get much lesser firmware, but I don't count on it), I will get WIIU games as well. So that's the plan :)
I'll check tomorrow if by chance any of my friends doesn't have any of the needed WII games the save exploits are for. If not, Batman will cost me about 20€ which is not that bad :D
Sounds good! Originally, I thought I had ToS, but it turned out that I had only borrowed that game, saved it to my external hard drive on my Wii, then loaded it up when she came over so we could play it together without her having to bring the disk every time. But that was before she was my wife, so now that I technically own the game for myself, I could do it again with it if I had to :)

On a side note, I have a nice laptop that I use to play GameCube and Wii games in VR using Dolphin, and that's my prefered way... Especially since the internal resolution can be upgraded to 1080p! When I'm home and want to play with others (like my wife), I'll use vWii on the WiiU to play with everyone.

buda81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Wii U does recognise the SD card normally. But when running Loadiine it gives the above message. It is a 32gb sandisk micro SD in an SD card adapter. It is formatted to fat32 and has the correct file structure on the SD card. Am I just unlucky or whats going on?

I've had the same issue, you need to use a sd card formatter program to get it working with loadiine.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@oxitran, just tested with my Sandisk Ultra Plus 32GB UHS-1 Class 10 microSD and all is well. I didn't even format it after opening the package, just double checked that it was FAT32 while loading games on it.

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had the same issue, you need to use a sd card formatter program to get it working with loadiine.
This worked, i used SDFormatter and boom first try it works.

@oxitran, just tested with my Sandisk Ultra Plus 32GB UHS-1 Class 10 microSD and all is well. I didn't even format it after opening the package, just double checked that it was FAT32 while loading games on it.
Maybe the fact that my SD card had seen heavy use prior to using it in the WiiU had something to do with it, but maybe it has something to do with cluster size like Dios Mios needing the 32 bit cluster size. if anyone knows if it does please post.

JoeOIVOV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you can! Just takes a bit of persistence and patience. I'm guessing that scene releases (WUDs) are from some modified bluray disc reader or something. I'm pretty sure an IOSU Exploit will allow WUD dumping though.
I hope so. I just started making backups of my games but I learned over many hours that getting the Content folder is the easy part... its the other tasks that create issues. Dumpiine and XML Dumper in my opinion aren't stable enough or something for some games for example. Darksiders II -USA. I got the RPX file called Darksiders2WiiU.rpx which first off has a different name then the EUR version just called Darksiders2.rpx
then I updated the details on the two XML files from the EUR version making sure to use the correct RPX file name and title id from USA version and it would just give me a white screen. I even renamed the USA RPX file to the same Darksiders2.rpx and tried but still white screen.
My last attempt I just copied the XML files and RPX file directly from the EUR version into my USA copy it booted perfectly. This made me loose faith in XML dumper and Dumpiine. Is there any undocumented tips about the XML Files and dumping the RPX file successfully? I verified the size was correct on the compatibility page so its confusing why it acts corrupt.
Or other tools that can provide this info?
One unique setting I couldn't find on the XML Dumper logs is Group ID Type..
Thanks everyone for all the great advice.

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
am i blocking or not?

DNS server handling your query: localhost
DNS server's address: 127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
Address: 69.25.139.164

serving

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so bestbuy will be selling the mario kart 8 preinstall bundle for 240 if i was to pick this one up would it be on 5.3.2 or 5.4.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty