Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meh, I'm basically done unless anyone has other suggestions. I just had a running list of small tweaks and things to add from the last couple weeks that I wanted to get in there.

Only think still on my list is starting a wiki for serial #'s to see if it's a viable method to buying a system under 5.4.0.

Good timing for some Cyber Monday deals :) I picked up a 32GB micro SD at Best Buy for $10 on Black Friday.
I seen your post in the Loadiine thread that said about it. That's why I typed that.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the black friday deals are there any updates about the 5.4.0 kernel exploit? Based on other threads it looks like its been in the works since October?

Basically I am wondering if it is certain that the exploit is coming, or if people are still unsure if it is actually possible.

B3DDO3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, long time lurker here.

I have always searched through the forums to find my answer but it seems I need help.

I have a Wii U with 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.0. I have been able to use loadiine, dumpine and tcpgecko since the very beginning and have had no problem dumping my games until now.

Since Mario Party 10 has been available I have been trying and searching for how to read the content file. Every time I try the Wii U locks up and Gecko client loses connection. This is not the long pause you normally get before content shows this is a complete crash of the Wii U I have tried multiple menus and still no luck.

Can someone who has dumped Mario Party 10 please point me in the right direction? I have the .RPL and .RPX files already just no content files.

Thank you all in advance

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen your post in the Loadiine thread that said about it. That's why I typed that.
I figured. Maybe "overhaul" was a little too much for me to say haha. Don't want people to start thinking the OP is gonna hack their Wii U for them.

So with the black friday deals are there any updates about the 5.4.0 kernel exploit? Based on other threads it looks like its been in the works since October?

Basically I am wondering if it is certain that the exploit is coming, or if people are still unsure if it is actually possible.
It's possible, but the userspace exploit is private and the kernel exploit is unstable. They'll only be released if/when Nintendo patches it in the next FW. Read "When will there be a Kernel Exploit released for 5.5.0?" in the OP, but substitute 5.5.0 with 5.4.0.

Hey all, long time lurker here.

I have always searched through the forums to find my answer but it seems I need help.

I have a Wii U with 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.0. I have been able to use loadiine, dumpine and tcpgecko since the very beginning and have had no problem dumping my games until now.

Since Mario Party 10 has been available I have been trying and searching for how to read the content file. Every time I try the Wii U locks up and Gecko client loses connection. This is not the long pause you normally get before content shows this is a complete crash of the Wii U I have tried multiple menus and still no luck.

Can someone who has dumped Mario Party 10 please point me in the right direction? I have the .RPL and .RPX files already just no content files.

Thank you all in advance
Doesn't MP10 have an RPL for every minigame, or did I read that wrong elsewhere? Try to find some kind of static menu where nothing is loading. Like a character select screen or something. Then give it like 5 mins just to be sure you aren't interrupting the system loading all resources, and then try to do the Read FSA.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I figured. Maybe "overhaul" was a little too much for me to say haha. Don't want people to start thinking the OP is gonna hack their Wii U for them.

It's possible, but the userspace exploit is private and the kernel exploit is unstable. They'll only be released if/when Nintendo patches it in the next FW. Read "When will there be a Kernel Exploit released for 5.5.0?" in the OP, but substitute 5.5.0 with 5.4.0.

Doesn't MP10 have an RPL for every minigame, or did I read that wrong elsewhere? Try to find some kind of static menu where nothing is loading. Like a character select screen or something. Then give it like 5 mins just to be sure you aren't interrupting the system loading all resources, and then try to do the Read FSA.
Well, that's true. Lol. Some of the information is outdated though, and that's what I thought you were referring to anyway.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Point it out and I'll update? Sometimes the scene moves too fast :P
Well, I didn't look through everything as I haven't needed to use this guide at all really, but I know the loadiine section didn't mention anything about XML files for v4, which increases compatibility with games using both Mii Maker and Smash mode.

I'll look thought it then and see if I find anything that needs updating. Thanks for your time though. :)

BeefBaby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hello on Black Friday I bought a Wii U supersmash and splatoon bundle I skipped the update and disabled internet. It's currently on 5.4.0 and was wondering if 5.4.0 exploit is coming anytime soon. :/

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I didn't look through everything as I haven't needed to use this guide at all really, but I know the loadiine section didn't mention anything about XML files for v4, which increases compatibility with games using both Mii Maker and Smash mode.

I'll look thought it then and see if I find anything that needs updating. Thanks for your time though. :)
I put an XML Dumper section it but forgot to mention the files in the Loadiine section. Added. I need to find a good template to use for people to download too.

Hello on Black Friday I bought a Wii U supersmash and splatoon bundle I skipped the update and disabled internet. It's currently on 5.4.0 and was wondering if 5.4.0 exploit is coming anytime soon. :/
Read the OP, "FUTURE EXPLOITS/HACKS - When will there be a Kernel Exploit released for 5.4.0 or 5.5.0?"

Reactions: BeefBaby

BeefBaby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put an XML Dumper section it but forgot to mention the files in the Loadiine section. Added. I need to find a good template to use for people to download too.

Read the OP, "FUTURE EXPLOITS/HACKS - When will there be a Kernel Exploit released for 5.4.0 or 5.5.0?"
Oh okay sorry. That makes sense. I would rather me wait and allow them to exploit more future versions. Same thing with Jailbreaking/rooting/3ds cfws.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

B3DDO3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you Fiveighteen, I did wait before but obviously not long enough, this time I waited about 10 minutes and tried it and I am currently transferring content to my PC.

One thing you mentioned that I had not checked on yet and again cannot find the answer to, you are correct that MP10 has an RPL for every game and I thought it would have gotten them in the beginning but no looks like I need to play every mini-game. Do you know if I sit there and play the game and every minigame then go to mii maker will it get them all or do I have to play one mini game and quit out and try then go back in play another mini game etc. etc. the former would save a lot of time.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Fiveighteen, I did wait before but obviously not long enough, this time I waited about 10 minutes and tried it and I am currently transferring content to my PC.

One thing you mentioned that I had not checked on yet and again cannot find the answer to, you are correct that MP10 has an RPL for every game and I thought it would have gotten them in the beginning but no looks like I need to play every mini-game. Do you know if I sit there and play the game and every minigame then go to mii maker will it get them all or do I have to play one mini game and quit out and try then go back in play another mini game etc. etc. the former would save a lot of time.
Glad you got it to start dumping! Man, that's a lot of dedication no matter which way you have to do it. Wouldn't it be easier to download the WUD online? lol. I think you can do them all at once, but I'm guessing there are some kind of size limitations. I don't like to bother devs if I can help it, but @dimok is the only one that would probably know about these restrictions.

B3DDO3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you got it to start dumping! Man, that's a lot of dedication no matter which way you have to do it. Wouldn't it be easier to download the WUD online? lol. I think you can do them all at once, but I'm guessing there are some kind of size limitations. I don't like to bother devs if I can help it, but @dimok is the only one that would probably know about these restrictions.

You know what I did try a getting the WUD online but every time it was incomplete so went out and bought the game, I'm just playing a few games with my wife now and will let you know what the outcome is.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what I did try a getting the WUD online but every time it was incomplete so went out and bought the game, I'm just playing a few games with my wife now and will let you know what the outcome is.
Well if you bought it you can legally have a backup (if you could get it to properly download) :)

You can test it by just dumping like 5 minigame RPLs and making sure that works. If it does, go to 10... 20... see if/where it breaks.

B3DDO3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just played all the mini games for bowser vs all, 10 in all and it came to 43mb. I think this is one to tackle daily until they are all done :) unless I hear all can be done at once. Only approx. 75mb left, luckily the games only take a minute to finish at most.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just played all the mini games for bowser vs all, 10 in all and it came to 43mb. I think this is one to tackle daily until they are all done :) unless I hear all can be done at once. Only approx. 75mb left, luckily the games only take a minute to finish at most.
Oh, that's actually pretty small. I think I overestimated the number of minigames available in the game. I feel a bit bad about tagging dimok now. :P Also, I doubt you have to actually finish the minigames; just have to get them to load. (though of course it's more fun to play and dump them at the same time)

B3DDO3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's actually pretty small. I think I overestimated the number of minigames available in the game. I feel a bit bad about tagging dimok now. :P Also, I doubt you have to actually finish the minigames; just have to get them to load. (though of course it's more fun to play and dump them at the same time)

There is 75 mini-games all together, looking at that number though I think maybe some of the games may use the same rpl? not sure, I'll have to play all 75 I think though.

BeefBaby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So will this thread be updated when any news comes out about a kernel exploit for 5.4/5.5

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is 75 mini-games all together, looking at that number though I think maybe some of the games may use the same rpl? not sure, I'll have to play all 75 I think though.
I'd do the same to be safe. I just grabbed the WUD and it extracted properly. You can use it to check against your dump if you want:

91 RPLs:
bd001.rpl
bd002.rpl
bd003.rpl
bd004.rpl
bd005.rpl
bdResult.rpl
boot.rpl
menu.rpl
mg0201.rpl
mg0202.rpl
mg0203.rpl
mg0204.rpl
mg0205.rpl
mg0206.rpl
mg0207.rpl
mg0208.rpl
mg0209.rpl
mg0210.rpl
mg0301.rpl
mg0302.rpl
mg0303.rpl
mg0304.rpl
mg0305.rpl
mg0306.rpl
mg0307.rpl
mg0308.rpl
mg0309.rpl
mg0310.rpl
mg0401.rpl
mg0402.rpl
mg0403.rpl
mg0404.rpl
mg0405.rpl
mg0406.rpl
mg0407.rpl
mg0408.rpl
mg0409.rpl
mg0410.rpl
mg0411.rpl
mg0412.rpl
mg0413.rpl
mg0414.rpl
mg0415.rpl
mg0416.rpl
mg0417.rpl
mg0418.rpl
mg0419.rpl
mg0420.rpl
mg0421.rpl
mg0422.rpl
mg0423.rpl
mg0424.rpl
mg0425.rpl
mg0426.rpl
mg0427.rpl
mg0428.rpl
mg0429.rpl
mg0430.rpl
mg0431.rpl
mg0b01.rpl
mg0b02.rpl
mg0b03.rpl
mg0b04.rpl
mg0b05.rpl
mg0b06.rpl
mg0b07.rpl
mg0b08.rpl
mg0b09.rpl
mg0b10.rpl
mg0k01.rpl
mg0k02.rpl
mg0k03.rpl
mg0k04.rpl
mg0k05.rpl
mg0k06.rpl
mg0k07.rpl
mg0k08.rpl
mg0k09.rpl
mg0k10.rpl
mg0p10.rpl
mg0v10.rpl
mg0x01.rpl
mg0x02.rpl
mginst.rpl
mgm02.rpl
mgm03.rpl
mgm05.rpl
mgresult.rpl
opt000.rpl
opt006.rpl
sbd001.rpl
Size: 112,210,994 bytes

So will this thread be updated when any news comes out about a kernel exploit for 5.4/5.5
Absolutely :)

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: BeefBaby

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte