http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Internet_Browser

Last edited by hama,

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have no japanese games been confirmed yet to contain the 5.3.2 update?.. I think it is odd that not even one person any where has reported to find a jap disc that definitely contains 5.3.2..
I am wanting to update my 4.0.2 jap wii-u to 5.3.2..

Also, if you buy/rent a disc, is there any way to analyze it first (using software) to determine which update it has? Or do you just have to put it in your wii-u and pray that it doesn't update you to 5.5.x?..

I know fiveighteen said that he thinks maybe mario-party-10 would have the correct update, but I find it weird that no one with a jap wii-u has yet been able to report any definite game that has the update.. I hate just guessing and putting a disc in to wii-u and praying..

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how do I do this then? does it work off of android cell phone data?
It's quiet simple. I guess there's a tutorial floating around here as well.
But in short:
  1. Get yourself a www folder with the exploit(s) you need (if you want Loadiine GX2 get the zip file which comes with a www folder as well).
  2. Install kWS server app on your android phone.
  3. Put www folder in root of internal memory of your phone.
  4. Turn off wifi and mobile data on phone (very important! otherwise your Wii U would update to 5.5.1 through phone's internet connection).
  5. Turn on hotspot on your phone.
  6. Access internet connection settings in Wii U settings menu and connect to phone's hotspot.
  7. Start kWS, go to options, change "home directory" to the www folder location in your internal storage.
  8. Start kWS server via button and write down it's IP which is written there followed by a ":" and the port (should be 192.168.43.1:8080 in most cases).
  9. Access internet browser on Wii U and put in 192.168.43.1:8080 as url to start the exploit. Do this twice if you're using the Loadiine GX2 exploit. Of course Loadiine GX2 should be on your Wii U's sd card at sd:\wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx while you do this.

If this is all set up, the steps everyday are nothing but:
  1. Turn off Wifi and mobile data on phone.
  2. Turn on Hotspot, launch kWS and start server
  3. Access 192.168.43.1:8080 through internet browser from Wii U
  4. Enjoy
I can't say this often enough: Never connect to your android phone while wifi and/or mobile data is active or you'll receive the 5.5.1 firmware update!

(note to all: These are the steps to selfhost exploits with an android device)

Last edited by lordelan,

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been searching around for a bit and haven't come across an answer for this. I successfully dumped a game with Dumpiine and have a .rpx and a .rpl file. How would I go about getting those files into a format that could be used with Loadiine? Thanks.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been searching around for a bit and haven't come across an answer for this. I successfully dumped a game with Dumpiine and have a .rpx and a .rpl file. How would I go about getting those files into a format that could be used with Loadiine? Thanks.
Put the RPX, RPL(s) in a folder named Code. Use the XML extractor tool to get app.xml and cos.xml and put them in there as well, or copy and edit some from another game. Then use TCP Gecko to extract the Content files, and place them in a folder named Content. Put Code and Content into a folder with the game name and [ID6], and launch with Loadiine GX2.

Dimok was working on something to make this process much easier though. Check the Loadiine GX2 thread.

It may still be easier just to go find a WUD or Loadiine-ready download online, tbh...

Wii8461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I can’t connect to the TCP Gecko Client. When I click the connect button it tries to connect 3 times (about 5 seconds each try) and tells me it failed to connect.
Everything works on the Wii U (Kernel exploit and TCPgecko)
I checked the IP many times and it’s definitely the right one.
I checked my firewall and virus protection, and that’s not causing any problems. I’m running the program as administrator.
I read several threads about connection issues and tried their solutions, none of them worked.
I tried this with NSBU and Smash and put the games in different areas (Like menus and in levels).
I even tired using a completely different computer.
I’m not sure what’s wrong. Does anyone know any other solution to fix this? Any setting I could change?

mpkostek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a wii u with 5.3.0 firmware. This is not on the list of compatible fimwares in the Loadiine gx2 thread though. Should this firmware version work fine though because it falls within the range of other firmwares that work?

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for this!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just bought a wii u with 5.3.0 firmware. This is not on the list of compatible fimwares in the Loadiine gx2 thread though. Should this firmware version work fine though because it falls within the range of other firmwares that work?
You need to update it to 5.3.2 via Wii U game disc, like Splatoon Yoshi Wolly or Super Mario Party 10 and it´s good to go.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I figure this thread is as good to post as any without starting a new thread. Just not sure quite what to search.

Anyways, I'm messing with my cousins 8GB White Wii U. He bought the kids Mario Maker for Christmas and it now has 5.4.0. :( Sad, cause he had 5.3.2. But anyways, if I remember right, 5.4.0 should still work with HBL or with the stagefright mp4 using the osdriver exploit. I'm having trouble actually getting anything to run though.

Are their any extra tips for getting the MP4's to run vs 5.3.2 through the javascript/webkit exploit? I've tried resetting save data, opening content heavy tabs, going to settings first, etc from messing with my 32gb console on 5.3.2, just no luck. Always freezes showing the player on the gamepad with the "Player Up" button highlighted with a blue circle. Every time.

The posts I did find got it working by self hosting, but I'm already doing that.

Just keep trucking?

Last edited by EclipseSin,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I figure this thread is as good to post as any without starting a new thread. Just not sure quite what to search.

Anyways, I'm messing with my cousins 8GB White Wii U. He bought the kids Mario Maker for Christmas and it now has 5.4.0. :( Sad, cause he had 5.3.2. But anyways, if I remember right, 5.4.0 should still work with HBL or with the stagefright mp4 using the osdriver exploit. I'm having trouble actually getting anything to run though.

Are their any extra tips for getting the MP4's to run vs 5.3.2 through the javascript/webkit exploit? I've tried resetting save data, opening content heavy tabs, going to settings first, etc from messing with my 32gb console on 5.3.2, just no luck. Always freezes showing the player on the gamepad with the "Player Up" button highlighted with a blue circle. Every time.

The posts I did find got it working by self hosting, but I'm already doing that.

Just keep trucking?
Sadly, idk if 5.4.0 will actually work with javascript/webkit or if it has to be MP4/stagefright. Nobody has ever been like "Hey this works great on 5.4.0!" :\

If there was a thread to tell you to read through, it would be 5.4.0 progress thread or Team Fail's [5.4.0] Quick-Start Thread for Success

Reactions: EclipseSin

dragoon147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone has found a good reason behind this, the error 112-1007 on mongoose, It dosent seem like my phone can access the files eather, but it shows up on my pc no problem. I looked through the forums but everyones problems dont seem to be solved, unless they do another hosted page. My wii U keeps freezeing if i do another page. I might be doing something wrong, but im having a hard time running dumpiine from other pages. Anyone figure out whats blocking mongoose? or have a good idea how to fix it? Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Back when I was messing with it the UI kinda sucked but it worked fine