Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

  • Thread starter Thread starter fiveighteen
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,937,165
  • Replies Replies 3,962
  • Likes Likes 116
Hello all!
I have just bought a Wii U (it's on 5.3.2) and I'm in the process of configuring it to homebrew.
Is it really safe to have TubeHAX DNS + URL Filtering or shoult I go nuts and block the entire MAC address, loosing any internet possibility?
Yes but first make sure that the update servers are properly blocked because some routers do not properly filter the URL (mine don't) and some ISP does not allow you to change DNS (mine also don't :()
You can use your PC to try accessing the update servers, and if it can still access the server then you need to resort to other options
 
  • Like
Reactions: mvmiranda
Yes but first make sure that the update servers are properly blocked because some routers do not properly filter the URL (mine don't) and some ISP does not allow you to change DNS (mine also don't :()
You can use your PC to try accessing the update servers, and if it can still access the server then you need to resort to other options
My crappy router does not filter URLs as well... the "even worse news" is that my fiber modem is "paired up" to my router, making it "impossible" to change router... I guess I'm gonna hame to use a second one, just for the Wii U, to properly filter URLs...
Thx for the confirmation though!
 
My crappy router does not filter URLs as well... the "even worse news" is that my fiber modem is "paired up" to my router, making it "impossible" to change router... I guess I'm gonna hame to use a second one, just for the Wii U, to properly filter URLs...
Thx for the confirmation though!
It would be enough to only use TubeHax DNS. That DNS should block all of the same URLs that are listed for router filtering. It's more of a protection-through-redundancy thing.
 
Hey there,

1. Can confirm that the Nintendo Wii U Skylanders Trap Team Bundle is shipped with 4.0.0
2. Wanna provide some disc info for Mario Party 10 ...EU retail.

[url=http://www.xup.in/dl,20494852/IMG_20160405_180830.jpg/][/URL]

PS: There is still no reason to stay furthermore in 4.1.0 and 5.3.2 is the Nonplusultra Firmware with all possibilities right?
 
Last edited by BlumCoLe,
  • Like
Reactions: fiveighteen
Last edited by BlumCoLe,
  • Like
Reactions: fiveighteen
Sadly, idk if 5.4.0 will actually work with javascript/webkit or if it has to be MP4/stagefright. Nobody has ever been like "Hey this works great on 5.4.0!" :\

If there was a thread to tell you to read through, it would be 5.4.0 progress thread or Team Fail's [5.4.0] Quick-Start Thread for Success
Yea, the javascript stuff doesn't work on 5.4.0 afaik. It's the MP4/stagefright exploit that does. I know that loadiine and what not works on 5.4.0, I just can't get it to run. Always a freeze on the player window.

I'm glad my console is on 5.3.2. Getting this to run on this white one on 5.4.0 is seemingly more difficult. He has his profile with an NNID, then 5 more without NNID, his Wife has one, and all four kids have one. I can't format the wii u to start from scratch, and resetting doesn't seem to be helping. About to tell him he's SOL for now unless he finds a cheap console only on ebay or something. Lol

Thanks for the links though at any rate. I knew they were here somewhere but those didnt show up in what I was searching for, bad terms I guess. I've been trying pretty much everything in those with no luck. I guess I'll try some more today yet, but the Gamepad is fixed now so I'll be returning it tonight so the kids can play their games they got for Christmas.

Anyway, hope things are well your way!

*snip*

Edit: Seems today was the lucky day! Just went over everything for the 5th time, and got success. So, now I just need a working wup installer (error: 0x00000000? ) which i believe was in the one thread. It still installed the spoof, but not really digging that error thing. Thanks.
 
Last edited by EclipseSin,
  • Like
Reactions: fiveighteen
When will the freaking exploit be released. I've been waiting for 5 months now and not a single person has even said anything about it. I wish I knew how to exploit it myself.
 
When will the freaking exploit be released. I've been waiting for 5 months now and not a single person has even said anything about it. I wish I knew how to exploit it myself.
Like I said, Hykem got raided. He was making sure we couldn't easily brick our systems etc. if you didn't know what you were doing, before he got raided. My hope is now mainly focussed on MN1.
 
Like I said, Hykem got raided. He was making sure we couldn't easily brick our systems etc. if you didn't know what you were doing, before he got raided. My hope is now mainly focussed on MN1.

Hey there, when you said raided what exactly does that mean mate? As in raided by the police, by Nintendo!?

Thanks,
M
 
Last edited by BlumCoLe,
Hey! So I have a quick question.
What are the odds of the Mario Kart 8 Bundle from Best Buy (in the US) coming with a firmware higher than 5.3.2? Since the OP states there's been some reports with it coming with a higher firmware. I may not be able to buy a Wii U until the Summer, but if that lowers my chances of getting a Wii U with an exploitable firmware, I might have to get one sooner. Thanks!
 
Last edited by Supster131,
Hey! So I have a quick question.
What are the odds of the Mario Kart 8 Bundle from Best Buy (in the US) coming with a firmware higher than 5.3.2? Since the OP states there's been some reports with it coming with a higher firmware. I may not be able to buy a Wii U until the Summer, but if that lowers my chances of getting a Wii U with an exploitable firmware, I might have to get one sooner. Thanks!
You can print the MK8 bundle USA serial numbers from the Serial Number Database and then check bundle serial numbers in store before purchasing to try to maximize your chance of getting one with 5.3.2. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Supster131
Ive read elsewhere that the usa version of yoshi wooly world has 5.4 the one with serial 1012
 
Ive read elsewhere that the usa version of yoshi wooly world has 5.4 the one with serial 1012
Link to "elsewhere"? @iAqua confirmed what someone else already had posted, saying that it was 5.3.2 (meaning two people updated to 5.3.2 with it). But what I think the real indicator of update-on-disc is, is that two digit number on the bottom of the disc (seen in bold in the OP). Perhaps there are the same box code numbers with different numbers printed on the bottom of the disc?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted