Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got a 3.1.0 Wii U with a splatoon disk bundle.
Is the any way I can be 100% sure that the disk has 5.3.2 FW update on it?

If you check the serial-number database you can see that there are no reprints for splatoon above 5.3.2.
You're safe ;)
Edit: The only ones with a higher firmware came pre-installed. Splatoon discs don't go above 5.3.2 thus far.

Last edited by ViolentRockstar,

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help. ive just got a wiiu on 5.3.2 and everything is working great with loadiine 4.1 but loadiine gx just wont boot. it just shows a wiiu logo on the bottom right of screen. ive hosted files myself and through wiiubru. any ideas?

thanks

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This thread is really dead :/

Can anyone help. ive just got a wiiu on 5.3.2 and everything is working great with loadiine 4.1 but loadiine gx just wont boot. it just shows a wiiu logo on the bottom right of screen. ive hosted files myself and through wiiubru. any ideas?

thanks

That's normal, because it's booting Mii Maker (about the wii u logo) Just retry ;)

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated quite a bit in the OP. The DefinitivePackage is dead, though it seems you'll still need to use an index.html to get to things like WUP Installer, TCP Gecko, Cafiine, GC-to-Vpad, etc, since they don't have ELF's to be loaded with the Homebrew Launcher.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated quite a bit in the OP. The DefinitivePackage is dead, though it seems you'll still need to use an index.html to get to things like WUP Installer, TCP Gecko, Cafiine, GC-to-Vpad, etc, since they don't have ELF's to be loaded with the Homebrew Launcher.

Nice update, I've been so behind the Wii U hacking scene I didn't even know where to continue :P

Reactions: fiveighteen

JAWS_XS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
five, first thanks again for this thread. I hate asking because you've done so much. do I still use mongoose (the def. guide) to use HBL? what do i point too in mongoose? I want to backup my discs, so I need help with DDD.

edit. I guess I got it to work. At least HBL. I just used an exploit online instead of the one I had hosted.

edit 2 ok I just read your post. even better! thanks!!

Last edited by JAWS_XS,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
five, first thanks again for this thread. I hate asking because you've done so much. do I still use mongoose (the def. guide) to use HBL? what do i point too in mongoose? I want to backup my discs, so I need help with DDD.
No worries. :) Yeah, I downloaded HBL, put the files onto the SD card at SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew launcher/, and then renamed the WWW folder to HBL and put it at C:/wiiu/HBL/. Then just point Mongoose to C:/wiiu/HBL/ and it should load it up right away when you open your IP/Port in the Internet Browser. Put the DDD files at SD:/wiiu/apps/ddd/ and make sure you also downloaded titledumper.win32.vXX.zip (assuming Windows) from the github releases page.

Will blocking the URL adresses (using my router) in the first post also block the updates and eshop for the Nintendo 3DS?
I'm not sure if they use the same server, as I don't have a 3DS. Hopefully someone else can help you, or maybe asking in the 3DS forum would be easier?

Last edited by fiveighteen,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen So, given that the definitive package is deprecated (I think?) I know we use Mongoose to self-host, but what files are we to use in the hosted file? Are there downloads for the things we need, i.e. the hierarchy and so on?
Read the post above yours; point Mongoose to HBL. All other apps (compatible with HBL) go to SD:/wiiu/apps/. It's a bit more simple using ELFs than it was loading all of the payloads from the webserver. :) I've also found HBL to be way more reliable with the Kernel Exploit. It hasn't failed on me even once yet!

Dimok just made a WUP Installer ELF as well. I'll link it to the OP tonight.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the post above yours; point Mongoose to HBL. All other apps (compatible with HBL) go to SD:/wiiu/apps/. It's a bit more simple using ELFs than it was loading all of the payloads from the webserver. :) I've also found HBL to be way more reliable with the Kernel Exploit. It hasn't failed on me even once yet!

Dimok just made a WUP Installer ELF as well (I think it's in the Homebrew Discussion thread). I'll link it to the OP tonight.

Shows what I know, told ya I was behind the times lol :P The only part I dread is putting in the IP address every time I load via the web.

Edit: Still, I forgot I made a C:/WiiU/Mongoose folder when I used the definitive package, I assume I should delete that and make a new one? IDK >.<

Edit 2: I can't seem to find the WUP installer ELF at all, which thread? @fiveighteen

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shows what I know, told ya I was behind the times lol :P The only part I dread is putting in the IP address every time I load via the web.
bookmark.gif

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: Still, I forgot I made a C:/WiiU/Mongoose folder when I used the definitive package, I assume I should delete that and make a new one? IDK >.<

Edit 2: I can't seem to find the WUP installer ELF at all, which thread? @fiveighteen
As @TotalInsanity4 said, you can make a bookmark for "http:/192.168.1.239:8080" (or whatever yours is). Furthermore, once you lead that page, if you exit out of the Internet Browser and soft-reset the Wii U, that page will automatically load every time you start the Internet Browser.

And sorry it was on Page 19 of the HBL thread:
So guys,

as mentioned above I ported WUP installer to HBL. It went pretty quick which is why I also took the time and changed the way wup installer works by a bit to to make it work on any firmware HBL works on and I also "pimped" it a bit.

I made two versions. The first version shows the install progress on the console during the installation and you always know how far you are with it which is pretty cool but there is a side effect by that though. After the installation is finished, it shows that it is completed successfully and it tries to go back to the WUP installer selection menu and hangs on that. You have to turn off the console then. The install is finished by that point though and it is safe to turn off the console. This does not happen if I don't try to get the progress of the installation. I didnt have much time to figure out what is causing this side effect but probably is something i overseen. I will look at it some other time again. That is why I will release the source code later when its complete. So until then I made a 2nd version which does not show the install progress but a message that install is started and then a transition screen from system menu to mii maker while the install is running. After the installation is finished it enters the WUP installer menu again and tells you it finished successfully. In that menu you can swap the SD card (if wanted) and do another title installation or return back to HBL. It would also be possible to list all titles on the SD card and make a menu to choose which title to install but for now its only this.

So here are the test binaries you guys can use:

Version without the install progress:
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/Dhd9LYWg/file.html

Version with the install progress:
http://www96.zippyshare.com/v/M0xqb48F/file.html

Both versions should run on any firmware that HBL runs on and have the same security as the original WUP installer by crediar. Since it is possible to damage your console with that software (for example by installing wrong region system titles spoofing) I have to say that I am not responsible for any damage done to your console by this software.

Have fun with it.

dimok also later highly recommended to use the one WITH the install progress, as it has a more natural way of installation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2