Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

iForgot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I play Nintendo Wii backups using Loadiine? If not, can I mod the vWii while having Homebrew on my Wii U already for Loadiine?

JamesLieko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you self host the files and not be on the internet. i self host the files and have to be on, or it don't work....
He's blocking the WiiU from internet access from the router settings and leaving the WiiU connected. This allows the Wii U access to the local network, where you are hosting the files, but not to the external network where Nintendo's servers are held.

Now, I have a question for everyone. The NUSGrabberGUI 1.7 program doesn't work properly for me. It shows all the Wii U system files, but even if I hit Game Updates no game files are listed. Is there a reason for this?

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
i see thank you...i cant do that as ive got it user name and password protected, but i set it up years ago before i had wiiu 3ds of course....ive forgotten it all now and router defaults dont work...but again i thank you....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just to say that i use uwizard to download updates etc for myself....its very very easy and works well for me....i know you were specifically asking about nuusgrabber...so ill shut up now sorry.....

JamesLieko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see thank you...i cant do that as ive got it user name and password protected, but i set it up years ago before i had wiiu 3ds of course....ive forgotten it all now and router defaults dont work...but again i thank you....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just to say that i use uwizard to download updates etc for myself....its very very easy and works well for me....i know you were specifically asking about nuusgrabber...so ill shut up now sorry.....

Wait, does uwizard have that feature? I didn't even notice. Oh well. I figured out how to get the NUSGrabber commandline working so I have Smash's updates downloading. Holy shit there's a ton though.

Phantisy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you self host the files and not be on the internet. i self host the files and have to be on, or it don't work....
I block access to the internet by the MAC ID through the parental controls on my router. This still give the WiiU access to my internal network and allows access to my server that is hosting the files.

Last edited by Phantisy,

JamesLieko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question. TCP Gecko. I'm following the exact steps listed, in administrator, and it can't connect.

I run the AIO Kernel Exploit on the Normal Kernel.
Open TCP Gecko, it sends me to the Wii U menu screen with the home menu open. I press the home button and open up Wind Waker HD from the HDD.
Open the client on my PC, in admin, and put in my Wii U's IP. But it fails.

EDIT: Could it be because I have NUSGrabber getting an update? Or because I'm blocking with TubeHax? I'm also blocking all the Nintendo URLs for the Wii U in the router settings.

Last edited by JamesLieko,

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is currently a private 5.5.0/5.5.1 (kernel mode) exploit that has been found and developed.

It's kind of like being on a desert island with a single bottle of water. You can either drink it all now (release the exploit) and know you'll die of dehydration (Nintendo patches the exploit), or you can save it and hope to get rescued (emuNAND or find a second exploit) before you need to drink it.

Unfortunately you have died because the Nintendo rescue ship (a new system release) never happened.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately you have died because the Nintendo rescue ship (a new system release) never happened.
You misread. The point was that if the kernel exploit was released (which it hasn't been yet), Nintendo would patch it in a new FW.

There's no new FW because there's no patch becauase the kernel exploit hasn't been released.

So we're still "waiting for rescue" :P

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You miss understood what was meant by 'never happened'?
The fallocy in this concept is that it assumes Nintendo will do another WiiU system release and that it will by chance patch the exploit.
There is NO gurantee of that ever happening.
Personally I could care less if an exploit is released.
Just making the point it assumes Nintendo will do another release which is not guranteed.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no new firmware patching the exploit because the exploit hasn't been released because there's no new firmware patching the exploit because the exploit hasn't been released because there's no new firmware patching the exploit because the exploit hasn't been released because there's no new firmware patching the exploit because the exploit hasn't been released because there's no new firmware patching the exploit because the exploit hasn't been released because there's no new firmware patching the exploit because the exploit hasn't been released because there's no new firmware patching the exploit because the exploit hasn't been released because there's no new firmware patching the exploit because the exploit hasn't been released...

Reactions: BlumCoLe

BlumCoLe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

short question to prevent missunderstanding:

FW: 4.1.0
vWii softmodded (but I think it's nonrelevant)
selfhosted on OnePlus One via KWS

How can I detect/troubleshoot that I installed all files correctly and I am using the right files?
For now I downloaded the DefinitivePackage-2016-0208 and extract GX2 v0.2 for 4.1.0 support in it.

Wii U loads the HomebrU site correctly, I click on the kexploit icon, it loads ...payload410, square border appears (top left) and the site loads about two seconds (full loading bar).
But always: Race attack failed! ...after a few seconds, throws me back to the wii u menu.

Are the process and installation correct and I just have to catch the right memory space for the kexploit?

//watched a video for 5.3.2 ...i think I need still more patience.

//well, making the same like before, i think it's working. click on first icon for exploit, white screen for a few seconds and back to menu, after that. open browser again and make the same ...now the WiiU freezes with a white screen :/
have no option for A or B

Last edited by BlumCoLe,

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my ignorance, but I just want to update Smash to the latest patch and buy the DLC without losing hack access.

Is there a "For Dummies" step-by-step guide that would help me do this on a 5.3.2U Wii U? Thanks for any advice.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Forgive my ignorance, but I just want to update Smash to the latest patch and buy the DLC without losing hack access.

Is there a "For Dummies" step-by-step guide that would help me do this on a 5.3.2U Wii U? Thanks for any advice.
yes there is
it's in the very first post of this thread

search for
How do I update my disc/eShop games with WUP Installer?
How do I spoof my FW to 5.5.0 so I can go online on games?
<-- "buy the DLC without losing hack access" use this method

BlumCoLe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please learn to read before posting fake news.

"Support for 5.0.0 and 5.1.0 is added and a bug fix regarding launched console applications was made."

Short question related to my last problem:
I've downloaded the following, works perfect: https://gbatemp.net/threads/beta-loadiine-v3-for-wiiu-4-1-0-5-0-0-only.405822/

But now, for Loadliine GX the payload410 is missing ...is that right?
Are there any compiled files for 4.1.0 which I haven't seen yet?
I am stucked on the "Press X to start the game with Miimaker Mode" ...i get a blackscreen freeze.

//solved by myself ...merged some files from different packages and all works fine, now i need the payload410 for gx2 0.2 :)

//all works fine, look here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/page-91#post-6183105

Last edited by BlumCoLe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol