jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Made a basic guide on how to install and use Switch OC Suite and its required dependencies and its configurator with some troubleshooting as well. It covers all safe clocks and overclocking ram up to 1175vdd2. Advanced guide coming soon.

https://rentry.co/SwitchOCSuiteGuide1
Thanks for this, Your hekate_ipl.ini instruction/example differs from what I needed to configure to get things working. See this post. Took me a while to get it to work and it also fixed it for TamarindoJuice, so it could be useful to incorporate it into the guide.

Reactions: ChanseyIsTheBest

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for this, Your hekate_ipl.ini instruction/example differs from what I needed to configure to get things working. See this post. Took me a while to get it to work and it also fixed it for TamarindoJuice, so it could be useful to incorporate it into the guide.

The one I posted is directly from my Switch and works but yeah I'll include an alternative version with the line in a different place. I say it in the FAQ but I'll make it more easy to understand with an example.

Edit: Fixed it up with your suggestion

Last edited by ChanseyIsTheBest,
Reactions: jelbo

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Advanced Guide is out now for Switch OC Suite covers everything that the basic Guide didn't cover including unsafe clocks, high ram clocks, checking speedo and RAM type and how to benchmark and how to test GPU and RAM stability.

https://rentry.co/SwitchOCSuiteGuide2

If you need any more help with overclocking ask in the 60FPS Discord - you can find a link inside the guide.

postkevone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Advanced Guide is out now for Switch OC Suite covers everything that the basic Guide didn't cover including unsafe clocks, high ram clocks, checking speedo and RAM type and how to benchmark and how to test GPU and RAM stability.

If you need any more help with overclocking ask in the 60FPS Discord - you can find a link inside the guide.

Wow this is really useful, thank you.

• Love
Reactions: ChanseyIsTheBest

vishy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
that is correct behavior. mariko has only 3 tables available unlike erista.
204, 1331, 1600. and it is not easy task to add more tables.
so 1331 is overwritten with 1600 and 1600 is overwritten with oc frequency

I see. Thanks for the explanation!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As a total OC newbie on the Switch: Would this help me avoiding those annoying stutters/hiccups in Dysmantle? If so, would I need a specific setup for that specific title or do I just enable OC and play the game?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As a total OC newbie on the Switch: Would this help me avoiding those annoying stutters/hiccups in Dysmantle? If so, would I need a specific setup for that specific title or do I just enable OC and play the game?
First max out RAM before you do anything else as it reduces CPU and GPU load. Stutters in games are a CPU or GPU issue. Increase CPU/GPU clock until the stutters stop. When a stutter happens you'll probably notice 90+% CPU or GPU utilisation on status monitor so you'll know what to raise.

Open the Tesla menu in game and set clocks with the oc suite overlay from there.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First max out RAM before you do anything else as it reduces CPU and GPU load. Stutters in games are a CPU or GPU issue. Increase CPU/GPU clock until the stutters stop. When a stutter happens you'll probably notice 90+% CPU or GPU utilisation on status monitor so you'll know what to raise.

Open the Tesla menu in game and set clocks with the oc suite overlay from there.
Cool thanks!

Deetlemore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Undervolting has been a great addition for Erista. I've been playing with it in my free time by going 10mV at a time, and so far I'm at a -30mV offset while running the GPU at 921mHz.

Playing TotK, no crashing or visual artifacts yet. Combining it with a less aggressive fan curve, fans stay at about 40-50%, with SoC at 55C and Skin at 45C. It's nice not hearing that whiny fan all the time.

iKirby8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is the idea of maxing out RAM clocks to reduce CPU and GPU load viable on any game?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is the idea of maxing out RAM clocks to reduce CPU and GPU load viable on any game?
Yes, works with every game. Only thing is that it can increase power draw slightly for no reason if it's not needed i.e. playing NES, SNES, GBA games and games, games that already maintain a locked 30/60fps with no dynamic resolution.

Last edited by ChanseyIsTheBest,
Reactions: iKirby8

maelkk

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Iam newbie.can help me, i build but got this error.
patch.py only show "HEAD is now at db3dc4ebd git subrepo push libraries".
and then when I try "make" in oc folder,

oc_test.cpp
pcv/pcv.cpp
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:541:18: error: ‘I2cDevice’ was not declared in this scope
541 | Result I2cSet_U8(I2cDevice dev, u8 reg, u8 val) {
| ^~~~~~~~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:541:36: error: expected primary-expression before ‘reg’
| ^~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:541:44: error: expected primary-expression before ‘val’
| ^~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:541:47: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
| ^
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp: In function ‘Result ams::ldr::oc::Pcv::mariko::EmcVddqVolt(u32*)’:
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:584:5: error: ‘i2cInitialize’ was not declared in this scope
584 | i2cInitialize();
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:585:15: error: ‘I2cDevice_Max77812_2’ was not declared in this scope
585 | I2cSet_U8(I2cDevice_Max77812_2, 0x25, (emc_uv - uv_min) / uv_step);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:585:14: error: ‘ams::ldr::oc::Pcv::mariko::I2cSet_U8’ cannot be used as a function
| ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:586:5: error: ‘i2cExit’ was not declared in this scope
586 | i2cExit();
| ^~~~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:42: build/./pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp.o] Error 1

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Iam newbie.can help me, i build but got this error.
patch.py only show "HEAD is now at db3dc4ebd git subrepo push libraries".
and then when I try "make" in oc folder,

oc_test.cpp
pcv/pcv.cpp
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:541:18: error: ‘I2cDevice’ was not declared in this scope
| ^~~~~~~~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:541:36: error: expected primary-expression before ‘reg’
| ^~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:541:44: error: expected primary-expression before ‘val’
| ^~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:541:47: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
| ^
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp: In function ‘Result ams::ldr::oc::Pcv::mariko::EmcVddqVolt(u32*)’:
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:584:5: error: ‘i2cInitialize’ was not declared in this scope
584 | i2cInitialize();
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:585:15: error: ‘I2cDevice_Max77812_2’ was not declared in this scope
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:585:14: error: ‘ams::ldr::oc::Pcv::mariko::I2cSet_U8’ cannot be used as a function
| ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp:586:5: error: ‘i2cExit’ was not declared in this scope
586 | i2cExit();
| ^~~~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:42: build/./pcv/pcv_mariko.cpp.o] Error 1
latest sources doesn't support firmware patching..
remove functions related to i2c if you want to do it via firmware patching method

DimitriMaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey, i'm testing 60fps mods for TOTK and EVERY mod i test the game only stay with the speed game in 2x, can anyone help me?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

DimitriMaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not the right thread to ask this but delete those old FPS mods update game to latest version use ToTK 60FPS FPSLocker patch by masagrator. It will not have the double speed issue.
thank you!!!! i only need this? no patches in the content folder so? i have to activate something in the fps locker?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thank you!!!! i only need this? no patches in the content folder so? i have to activate something in the fps locker?

You need to put the .yaml file on your SD card in SaltySD/plugins/FPSLocker/patches/0100F2C0115B6000

This is a guide on how to set up FPSLocker which you have to do for the patch to work

Once you're got everything set up and copy over open up FPSLocker in game open up FPSLocker select Advanced Options -> Convert config to patch file exit out of advance settings select save settings then you MUST reboot the game for the patch to take effect. Then increase FPS target to 60FPS.

DimitriMaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to put the .yaml file on your SD card in SaltySD/plugins/FPSLocker/patches/0100F2C0115B6000

This is a guide on how to set up FPSLocker which you have to do for the patch to work

Once you're got everything set up and copy over open up FPSLocker in game open up FPSLocker select Advanced Options -> Convert config to patch file exit out of advance settings select save settings then you MUST reboot the game for the patch to take effect. Then increase FPS target to 60FPS.

thank you! but when i convert the config to patch file, after reboot the game it dont starts, gives me software error, do you know about that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up