MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
And they run fine on n3DS, unless I'm really misremembering.

Only on o3DS, although I don't have one to test.
No, no, it still chugs on N3DS too. It's wasn't optimized for the new hardware, and it's really a damn shame. It was made for o3DS and probably too far into the games development when the N3DS dropped to utilize the new hardware. It runs like shit on ALL 3DS hardware, due to their laziness.
Post automatically merged:

This honestly sounds like some excuses to me, ngl.
Even if any of this was true, it doesn't excuse lying about future updates, releasing DLC that lags the games more, and countless other issues that could be solved through updates.
Equally, the Switch has Doom Eternal on it.
Exactly. I'm tired of people saying the Switch can't run AAA games when doom eternal is proof. Devs are lazy as shit.

Reactions: The Catboy

MayorBryce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This honestly sounds like some excuses to me, ngl.
Even if any of this was true, it doesn't excuse lying about future updates, releasing DLC that lags the games more, and countless other issues that could be solved through updates.
Equally, the Switch has Doom Eternal on it.
It’s absolutely just an excuse for Game Freak. It’s just a theory that that is what they planned. It should’ve been optimize from the start, but it’s not.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly. I'm tired of people saying the Switch can't run AAA games when doom eternal is proof. Devs are lazy as shit.
It can but it requires skilled developers and time for optimizing the games. Time is something they often don't have because the management is greedy and time is money. I'm sure many game devs would like more time to optimize and polish games. It's the management at fault because they set tight deadlines and small budgets. Not the devs fault in many cases.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Revie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
While I hope GameFreak proves me wrong with Legends Z-A in 2025, I feel like they're a perfect example Wirths Law.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tbh they hired Panic Button, porting stuff is basically their job
Developing a game for the Switch is basically developping a new game when it's multiplat.

But when it's an exclusive ? There's just no excuses. Gamefreak is incompetent. There's no expectation that could have been a setup for such a disaster
Post automatically merged:

While I hope GameFreak proves me wrong with Legends Z-A in 2025, I feel like they're a perfect example Wirths Law.
Apparently it's going to be exclusively in Luminose. The famous city that's perfect for catching Pokemons apparently.
Can't wait to see how well it will run in a city that's supposed to be very well populated

Last edited by LightBeam,

MayorBryce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to see how well it will run in a city that's supposed to be very well populated
It most definitely will be on the successor to the Switch. They used weird wording in the release date: "Launching simultaneously in 2025". Therefore, the current system will either run terrible or be heavily scaled back, and on the successor, it will run at, let's be honest, 720p30 or something equally disgusting.

Revie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It most definitely will be on the successor to the Switch. They used weird wording in the release date: "Launching simultaneously in 2025". Therefore, the current system will either run terrible or be heavily scaled back, and on the successor, it will run at, let's be honest, 720p30 or something equally disgusting.
The announcement said "Releasing simultaneously worldwide in 2025" which just means it releases at the exact time in every country, opposed to some countries getting it earlier due to timezones.

Reactions: splaca

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The announcement said "Releasing simultaneously worldwide in 2025" which just means it releases at the exact time in every country, opposed to some countries getting it earlier due to timezones.
This + even if it meant that it would be a crossgen release (which is still possible) it would mean it would still release on Switch 1 and would probably be a catastrophe

But it could also be a Switch 2 exclusive and it would be interesting to see what they will do with more power. I expect it to be fuel for many youtube videos and compilations

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been