Misc Help!! Please!

Herculeex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so. Im an idiot. I had 16.1.0 and everything was working fine. HATS with FPSLocker and Switch-OC-Suite. 1TB SD.

I have been playing lots of skyrim lately and well, I got greedy. I tried to run mods and JKSV hacked imported save files and borked it. Then I rolled back and the game never quite ran the same. Lots of crashes. It was bugging out and the place I get my games from advised that getting a system-wide firmware called "kefir" would make all their games run well. I installed kefir (SD drag, no wipe) and reinstalled the game which lead to crashes when loading or new game. It also broke all kinds of my system stuff....

Well, I reinstalled HATS (dropping it into SD, no wipe) and I reinstalled my fav stuff like OC suite etc. I realized I should update my firmware with everything so I did that too.

Well. Pretty much every game crashes on launch now. It doesn't even go past the black nintendo splash screen. It did this before I updated the firmware too. I really need some help y'all. Is there any way I can get everything working great again, like a fresh partition, while saving my 1tb~ of games on my SD?

Herculeex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might try to backup all of my saves and create a new emummc partition. I don't know what's wrong with it at this point because at first it was just a skyrim crash. However many games crash at the startup screen at this point. Im pretty sure its because I installed "kefir" and then went back to HATS.
Post automatically merged:

Here is a video of it.

Attachments

• VID_20231104_182048.mp4
    17.2 MB
Last edited by Herculeex,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might try to backup all of my saves and create a new emummc partition. I don't know what's wrong with it at this point because at first it was just a skyrim crash. However many games crash at the startup screen at this point. Im pretty sure its because I installed "kefir" and then went back to HATS.

Here is a video of it.

Default HATS doesn't crash for me, so you have to check your mods and homebrew stuffs you installed.

Reactions: Herculeex

Herculeex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Default HATS doesn't crash for me, so you have to check your mods and homebrew stuffs you installed.
Re-Installing HATS again, lol.

It is still crashing man. Aw man. I gotta get a terabyte of game install files again? Fuck!!

Attachments

• IMG_20231104_182526.jpg
    IMG_20231104_182526.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15

Herculeex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still crashing! What did that kefir OS do??

There has to be some files loose somewhere, because HATS worked before. Ill try vanilla now but, I think Kefir ruined my entire partition

Attachments

• IMG_20231104_183754.jpg
    IMG_20231104_183754.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
so do you have any applications in the Switch folder?

(This panic you have right now is why I ask people to try to learn this themselves instead of packages)

Herculeex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just prod keys and title keys now. I deleted all the stuff in the switch folder to see if it was a tesla module or homebrew. Nope

Just prod keys and title keys now. I deleted all the stuff in the switch folder to see if it was a tesla module or homebrew. Nope
(as suggested by hayato)

Just mounted the SD in hekate to my computer so I can install fresh atmosphere and sigpatches

Herculeex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This feels fully borked tho. I reinstalled hats twice and supposedly it is vanilla atmo just with a few homebrew. Something must be wrong in the filesystem, cuz the games were fine before.

Sigh. I gotta take the L. Ima dump all saves via JKSV and then partition the SD card and start over. FUCK. KEFIR.

RIP to 1tb of games, and another 1tb of future bandwidth on my network.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This feels fully borked tho. I reinstalled hats twice and supposedly it is vanilla atmo just with a few homebrew. Something must be wrong in the filesystem, cuz the games were fine before.
HATS is just a collection "newbie pack".

It can't be linked here since it provide keys.

If you want a "legit" option there is Deepsea. Still just Atmosphere and Hekate with some extras.

Herculeex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it seems like I gotta start over regardless. Fresh atmosphere does nothing. Something that kefir did has effectively ruined my ability to run vanila atmo. Well, technically it runs fine. I just cant launch games.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, it seems like I gotta start over regardless. Fresh atmosphere does nothing. Something that kefir did has effectively ruined my ability to run vanila atmo. Well, technically it runs fine. I just cant launch games.
if you can't launch games it means signature patches aren't working? Do you get any error?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When you said you rolled back, what did you do exactly?

Herculeex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can't launch games it means signature patches aren't working? Do you get any error?
I get the same error as in the video I attached in my earlier reply. The crash error after the nintendo splash screen. The software was closed because an error occured.

When you said you rolled back, what did you do exactly?
I followed the instructions for fresh install. Deleted the old atmosphere folder the old config folder + switch & bootloader folder. Then I reinstalled HATS. Tried vanilla atmo too

Herculeex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using EmuMMC and my SD was partitioned in hekate. Default settings, except when i created emu i slid the red slider to full.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?