• Views 137,818
  • Replies 761
  • Likes 32

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It doesn't break it, RetroArch just has an option to set CPU clock speeds and it is unable to if OCS is being used. You can set CPU manually using OCS but it'd be nice if it honored requests from other homebrew to change clocks.

Using RetroArch as an applet homebrew, you can't make an OCS profile for it, it will inherit the profile of any app ID that is overridden by atmosphere.

It'd also be nice if OCS didn't load app ID profiles if the app is overridden by homebrew, if that's possible.
You can use a nsp forwarder for Retroarch.
To set different OCS profiles for different roms.

Palleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I've noticed that some games change their GPU speed automatically. The problem is that, in games with dynamic resolution, this can get in the way when overclocking, I'll give you an example.
Playing Divinity Original Sin 2 using a 768mhz GPU clock makes the resolution go up a lot on a handheld, but when leaving cities, the game automatically switches to a 384mhz frequency and then back to 768mhz, this is because the game tries to change the frequency from the original 460mhz to 384mhz where there is less GPU load, the problem is that this drop to 384mhz causes stutters, since the 384mhz is not enough to hold the resolution that the 768mhz was delivering, and at some points in the game, this drop to 384mhz can occur more frequently.

Is there any way to disable this feature in the game, so that the game doesn't change the GPU clock?

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, I've noticed that some games change their GPU speed automatically. The problem is that, in games with dynamic resolution, this can get in the way when overclocking, I'll give you an example.
Playing Divinity Original Sin 2 using a 768mhz GPU clock makes the resolution go up a lot on a handheld, but when leaving cities, the game automatically switches to a 384mhz frequency and then back to 768mhz, this is because the game tries to change the frequency from the original 460mhz to 384mhz where there is less GPU load, the problem is that this drop to 384mhz causes stutters, since the 384mhz is not enough to hold the resolution that the 768mhz was delivering, and at some points in the game, this drop to 384mhz can occur more frequently.

Is there any way to disable this feature in the game, so that the game doesn't change the GPU clock?
It's the governor you can disable it per game.

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
That's not it, with governator or the oc suite switch disabled, I still see the GPU drop from 460mhz to 384mhz in specific locations such as leaving and entering a city.
Then it's the same situation as GTA trilogy that needed patching to get fixed.The game sets the GPU forcefully dynamic.

bigboibankai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have scrolled through this thread but I don't know how to test the max overclock my erista switch ram can handle. Can anyone offer advice?

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi, I have scrolled through this thread but I don't know how to test the max overclock my erista switch ram can handle. Can anyone offer advice?
1862 ram is safe max erista, you might get 1996 and in few cases a tiny bit more if lucky with tinkering/adjusting voltage depending on ram manufacturer and binning.As for testing the ram you test it in games that have memory as a bottleneck if you read through the thread you'll find examples of such games.

Heavenseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Erista]
998 GPU is added (real 998 with pll patched). 998 GPU is not recommended and is only available with unsafe freq.
got my Ram at 2091 CPU at 1862 got unsafe freq enabled but still got GPU at 921 how do i get it to 998 ?

Last edited by Heavenseyes,

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Erista]
998 GPU is added (real 998 with pll patched). 998 GPU is not recommended and is only available with unsafe freq.
got my Ram at 2091 CPU at 1862 got unsafe freq enabled but still got GPU at 921 how do i get it to 998 ?
Its a bug I encountered on sys-clk-oc. It got fixed in a newer commit, but to actually use it you have to recompile sys-clk-oc from source.

Heavenseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a bug I encountered on sys-clk-oc. It got fixed in a newer commit, but to actually use it you have to recompile sys-clk-oc from source. Unfortunately I don't have a Windows computer to run or compile
unfortunately I won't have my computer for another month I'm out of state!

Any other way you could help me... maybe compiling it for me😏🤣 but if I needed to compile it why doesn't it have instructions on how to do so..? I remember building the custom profiles with the loader.kip....

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately I won't have my computer for another month I'm out of state!

Any other way you could help me... maybe compiling it for me😏🤣 but if I needed to compile it why doesn't it have instructions on how to do so..? I remember building the custom profiles with the loader.kip....
you run build.sh, I believe you can do it with termux on an android phone

Heavenseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
termux/files/home/storage/downloads/Switch-OC-Suite-1.8.0/source/sys-clk-oc/build.sh: Permission denied
that should be the right File directory ... how do i get it permission ?

v1.8.1

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
termux/files/home/storage/downloads/Switch-OC-Suite-1.8.0/source/sys-clk-oc/build.sh: Permission denied
that should be the right File directory ... how do i get it permission ?
i just updated release with hotfix to wrong safe/unsafe max.
Post automatically merged:

Version 1.8.1 is out

Switch OC Suite 1.8.1 is for Atmosphere 1.5.5 (HOS 16.1.0)

[Mariko]
fixed some wrong values in MTC table

[Erista]
fixed wrong safe/unsafe max in sys-clk

[Common]
updated for AMS 1.5.5

Last edited by meha,

Heavenseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just updated release with hotfix to wrong safe/unsafe max.
Post automatically merged:

Version 1.8.1 is out

Switch OC Suite 1.8.1 is for Atmosphere 1.5.5 (HOS 16.1.0)

[Mariko]
fixed some wrong values in MTC table

[Erista]
fixed wrong safe/unsafe max in sys-clk

[Common]
updated for AMS 1.5.5
Thank you!

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, after installing AMS 1.5.5 I just installed the latest Switch OC Suite 1.8.1, updated for AMS 1.5.5, but I can't boot to EmuMMC anymore. I don't know if this is useful, but I am on an Erista unit.
The only way to boot to EmuMMC is to remove the line "kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip" in my hekate_ipl.ini file, but then the OC is not applied.
Also, but that is very minor, the ovl still displays "1.8.0" version

Last edited by its-my-right,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi, after installing AMS 1.5.5 I just installed the latest Switch OC Suite 1.8.1, updated for AMS 1.5.5, but I can't boot to EmuMMC anymore. I don't know if this is useful, but I am on an Erista unit.
The only way to boot to EmuMMC is to remove the line "kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip" in my hekate_ipl.ini file, but then the OC is not applied.
Also, but that is very minor, the ovl still displays "1.8.0" version
sorry about that. i uploaded wrong file. i uploaded 1.8.0 version kip file in 1.8.1 release. i updated the files so please download again.

and the ovl version was caused by buildscript reusing files if there were no changes to source code. also fixed.

Last edited by meha,
Reactions: jelbo

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry about that. i uploaded wrong file. i uploaded 1.8.0 version kip file in 1.8.1 release. i updated the files so please download again.

and the ovl version was caused by buildscript reusing files if there were no changes to source code. also fixed.
Thanks, re-downladed updated files and now it works like a charm ;)

elptarkus

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to clarify - If I install OC Suite 1.8.1, I HAVE to be on AMS 1.5.5 (or newer) correct?

I had just updated my switch AMS a week ago from 1.4.0 to 1.5.4 and a few days later I started looking into overclocking and (luckily) found OC Suite. But I d/l 1.8.1 and have been having trouble getting it working completely. I believe this might be related. Originally I was getting black screen when I launch AMS, but now after moving the kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip line to directly above emummcforce=1 that fixed the black screen. But now I am getting an error screen crash when I try to start any game.

My other question, (I only saw this referenced once in this thread) - is OC Suite compatible with sys-patch (ie no longer using sigpatches?) Because I no longer have a kip1patch=nosigchk line in hekate_ipl.ini.

Thanks for any feedback!

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Just to clarify - If I install OC Suite 1.8.1, I HAVE to be on AMS 1.5.5 (or newer) correct?

I had just updated my switch AMS a week ago from 1.4.0 to 1.5.4 and a few days later I started looking into overclocking and (luckily) found OC Suite. But I d/l 1.8.1 and have been having trouble getting it working completely. I believe this might be related. Originally I was getting black screen when I launch AMS, but now after moving the kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip line to directly above emummcforce=1 that fixed the black screen. But now I am getting an error screen crash when I try to start any game.

My other question, (I only saw this referenced once in this thread) - is OC Suite compatible with sys-patch (ie no longer using sigpatches?) Because I no longer have a kip1patch=nosigchk line in hekate_ipl.ini.

Thanks for any feedback!
no not newer. it has to be exactly same AMS version. there are older versions in github so you either update to AMS 1.5.5 or use older version for 1.5.4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...