• Replies 761
  • Likes 32

DimitriMaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Remove all TotK mods from the game in the contents folder and in the exefs_patches folder. That should fix it
it worked! But i'm using a PT_BR translation, how i can use the translate mod with the fps locker patch?

And also, i'm using 1996mhz (the max i can with default options) how i put 2400mhz? It'll make difference?

Last edited by DimitriMaia,

Jutsch80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No matter what I try, as soon as I edit the hekate ini, the switch doesn't boot anymore. When I reset the ini, all works well but without the additional overclocking capability. Any way to achieve it without editing the ini. I remember this step wasn't necessary in the past.

Last edited by Jutsch80,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No matter what I try, as soon as I edit the hekate ini, the switch doesn't boot anymore. When I reset the ini, all works well but without the additional overclocking capability. Any way to achieve it without editing the ini. I remember this step wasn't necessary in the past.
It is necessary, your version is probably too old.
Download the latest version from 60fps Discord overclocking channel.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advanced Guide is out now for Switch OC Suite covers everything that the basic Guide didn't cover including unsafe clocks, high ram clocks, checking speedo and RAM type and how to benchmark and how to test GPU and RAM stability.

https://rentry.co/SwitchOCSuiteGuide2

If you need any more help with overclocking ask in the 60FPS Discord - you can find a link inside the guide.
Thks for the link.

But by the way for like max around 1581mhz on the CPU can't I just go crazy to max lowest voltage I possibly can for my Erista without affecting performance?

I don't care for much higher CPU clocks than that?

Ps: this is now so amazing that even most PC handhelders could even dream and I don't even care for playing games on my switch, all the fun for me is trying to get the best out of any hardware, but ram frequency and timings will take like a full year LOL.

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thks for the link.

But by the way for like max around 1581mhz on the CPU can't I just go crazy to max lowest voltage I possibly can for my Erista without affecting performance?

I don't care for much higher CPU clocks than that?

Ps: this is now so amazing that even most PC handhelders could even dream and I don't even care for playing games on my switch, all the fun for me is trying to get the best out of any hardware, but ram frequency and timings will take like a full year LOL.

Both guides have seen a massive update in the last couple days. If you want CPU undervolt for Erista use one of the EPV kips (OC Suite fork by lineon) in the starter guide under pre-configured loader.kips. It will undervolt all cpu frequencies including 1581mhz. It will also undervolt gpu as well.

https://rentry.co/SwitchOCSuiteGuide1

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both guides have seen a massive update in the last couple days. If you want CPU undervolt for Erista use one of the EPV kips (OC Suite fork by lineon) in the starter guide under pre-configured loader.kips. It will undervolt all cpu frequencies including 1581mhz. It will also undervolt gpu as well.

https://rentry.co/SwitchOCSuiteGuide1
I just screwed my Switch sadly, tried one of the extreme profiles loader.kip with crazy low timings, high undervoltage and high ram OC and bam, orange screen and now my emunand is corrupted, it starts Atmosphere but always crash in a matter of seconds, but the console is totally fine...

I'm doing a backup then try just a clean atmosphere and put things back to see what got corrupted, though not that I care much for any file...

And will soon to start tweaking OC this time manually little by littleto the max :D

ps: If it blows, it blows cause I can't say I care for switch it was OFF for years again, if it even had analog triggers I'd be happy playing Snowrunner, how much I wish to have a Asus ROG ally or Lenovo Legion Go instead :sad:

EDIT: But forgot to say it's really easily to corrupt it if you go nuts :rofl2: (always do on a clean non important emunand if you want to go extreme).

Last edited by guily6669,

Jutsch80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is necessary, your version is probably too old.
Download the latest version from 60fps Discord overclocking channel.
I do have the most current version, it just doesn't do anything and as soon as I modify the hekate.ini, the Switch won't boot anymore.

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I do have the most current version, it just doesn't do anything and as soon as I modify the hekate.ini, the Switch won't boot anymore.
Which version do you use? The version on github is too old.
The switch will not boot if it's too old.

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just screwed my Switch sadly, tried one of the extreme profiles loader.kip with crazy low timings, high undervoltage and high ram OC and bam, orange screen and now my emunand is corrupted, it starts Atmosphere but always crash in a matter of seconds, but the console is totally fine...

I'm doing a backup then try just a clean atmosphere and put things back to see what got corrupted, though not that I care much for any file...

And will soon to start tweaking OC this time manually little by littleto the max :D

ps: If it blows, it blows cause I can't say I care for switch it was OFF for years again, if it even had analog triggers I'd be happy playing Snowrunner, how much I wish to have a Asus ROG ally or Lenovo Legion Go instead :sad:

EDIT: But forgot to say it's really easily to corrupt it if you go nuts :rofl2: (always do on a clean non important emunand if you want to go extreme).
That's why it says extreme haha I should probably put another warning next to it even though I have backup warnings and instructions at the start of the guude. Just use the moderate one as a base.

• Haha
Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why it says extreme haha I should probably put another warning next to it even though I have backup warnings and instructions at the start of the guude. Just use the moderate one as a base.
Anyway in Emunand as files in exFat when it corrupts usually should it be only the eMMC files?

On mine I just deleted everything installed 300+GB and formatted the mSD, screw it.

I tried a full clean hekate+atmosphere with nothing else but still corrupted, I deleted the 300+GB in the "muMMC\SD00\Nintendo\Contents" and still corrupted, so at least for me it's something corrupted really only in the eMMC files.

I already recovered the saves anyway and will now copy my older emunand backup which is sadly too old but screw it...

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyway in Emunand as files in exFat when it corrupts usually should it be only the eMMC files?

On mine I just deleted everything installed 300+GB and formatted the mSD, screw it.

I tried a full clean hekate+atmosphere with nothing else but still corrupted, I deleted the 300+GB in the "muMMC\SD00\Nintendo\Contents" and still corrupted, so at least for me it's something corrupted really only in the eMMC files.

I already recovered the saves anyway and will now copy my older emunand backup which is sadly too old but screw it...
I have a feeling your SD card being exFat caused the corruption or at least made it much worse please use Fat32.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling your SD card being exFat caused the corruption or at least made it much worse please use Fat32.
Hell NO, not going back to Fat32 crap, I'd prefer corruption :D

And anyway the way the Switch went into Orange Screen of death most likely even as Fat32 would have gone bad the same way...

Oh Also on that tutorial the extreme loader.KIP example one, where was it setup because in the hanai3Bi OC suite online configurator a lot of Mariko values report to have wrong ranges way off their range limits and didn't even allowed to saved it for my Erista without changing a lot of those Mariko settings...

Jutsch80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which version do you use? The version on github is too old.
The switch will not boot if it's too old.
What sense does it make to host new versions of a piece of software on some random discord instead of GitHub?

Anyway, can you link that Discord or the software version for me please?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hell NO, not going back to Fat32 crap, I'd prefer corruption :D

And anyway the way the Switch went into Orange Screen of death most likely even as Fat32 would have gone bad the same way...

Oh Also on that tutorial the extreme loader.KIP example one, where was it setup because in the hanai3Bi OC suite online configurator a lot of Mariko values report to have wrong ranges way off their range limits and didn't even allowed to saved it for my Erista without changing a lot of those Mariko settings...
You need to download EPV 5 in the guide and use the .HTML file that comes with the configurator to configure the EPV 5 kip. You must use the same configurator that matches the kip. So you can't use the Web one.

Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to download EPV 5 in the guide and use the .HTML file that comes with the configurator to configure the EPV 5 kip. You must use the same configurator that matches the kip. So you can't use the Web one.
I see, I'll just stick with the online one for now, good would be able to do it on the fly on the switch...

Anyway about the lower voltage on CPU giving less performance is it only by the fact that at "X" voltage the CPU real mhz is just lower?

If so I will just keep lowering voltage to the lowest point I can until the CPU stays at advertised mhz, this way won't lead to lower performance, right?

---------------------------------------------
Also does anyone know a good starting point for voltage to try getting 2131200 (JEDEC) mem frequency without changing timings on Erista V1??? (stock voltage mine goes instantly puff even just in the menu).

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I see, I'll just stick with the online one for now, good would be able to do it on the fly on the switch...

Anyway about the lower voltage on CPU giving less performance is it only by the fact that at "X" voltage the CPU real mhz is just lower?

If so I will just keep lowering voltage to the lowest point I can until the CPU stays at advertised mhz, this way won't lead to lower performance, right?

---------------------------------------------
Also does anyone know a good starting point for voltage to try getting 2131200 (JEDEC) mem frequency without changing timings on Erista V1??? (stock voltage mine goes instantly puff even just in the menu).

CPU undervolt doesn't lessen performance and you cant lower CPU voltage from the undervolt on the .kip its always set on. The real CPU clock can vary something like 2 percent from target clock. If it varies more ensure you are downloading and using the sys clk linked in the guide as it fixes many bugs compared to github.

Also try 1237.5mv if you really want 2131mhz stable on Erista. It's not safe though 1175mv is safe limit.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPU undervolt doesn't lessen performance and you cant lower CPU voltage from the undervolt on the .kip its always set on. The real CPU clock can vary something like 2 percent from target clock. If it varies more ensure you are downloading and using the sys clk linked in the guide as it fixes many bugs compared to github.

Also try 1237.5mv if you really want 2131mhz stable on Erista. It's not safe though 1175mv is safe limit.
The max CPU voltage does indeed work, but at max unsafe clocks it simply gets to a point it drops frequency with the drop in voltage...

Anyway I'm getting beyond pissed with this, my Switch can't even do 1996800 on the memory at stock voltage, it always throws errors on the memtest and with every single version of the old OC tools it always worked perfectly fine, hell I even just fired up a old 128GB mSD with the 4IF mod for test and also works fine without errors (and they all always worked at stock mem voltage) :angry:

On the new OC I just used the online configuration and all I changed was the mem frequency to 1996800 with no timings or voltage change (voltage is the exact same as any old OC I ever had).

Also now their overlay doesn't have the ReverseNX-RT sync so engaging Docked or handheld it changes nothing :(

I'm thinking to re-create a new Emunand from my like 3.01 original FW with nothing in it and reinstall everything again cause maybe Atmosphere already corrupted something when testing 2131mhz which not even 1175mv worked any good and kept crashing but I dont want to risk going higher anyway...

ps: I wonder if the old OC suite still works on latest Hekate+Atmosphere cause I still have some of it's files saved and forget about this new OC suite until it improves:(

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The max CPU voltage does indeed work, but at max unsafe clocks it simply gets to a point it drops frequency with the drop in voltage...

Anyway I'm getting beyond pissed with this, my Switch can't even do 1996800 on the memory at stock voltage, it always throws errors on the memtest and with every single version of the old OC tools it always worked perfectly fine, hell I even just fired up a old 128GB mSD with the 4IF mod for test and also works fine without errors (and they all always worked at stock mem voltage) :angry:

On the new OC I just used the online configuration and all I changed was the mem frequency to 1996800 with no timings or voltage change (voltage is the exact same as any old OC I ever had).

Also now their overlay doesn't have the ReverseNX-RT sync so engaging Docked or handheld it changes nothing :(

I'm thinking to re-create a new Emunand from my like 3.01 original FW with nothing in it and reinstall everything again cause maybe Atmosphere already corrupted something when testing 2131mhz which not even 1175mv worked any good and kept crashing but I dont want to risk going higher anyway...

ps: I wonder if the old OC suite still works on latest Hekate+Atmosphere cause I still have some of it's files saved and forget about this new OC suite until it improves:(
I have some doubts that 1125mv was stable for 1996mhz on Erista. Just use 1175mv for it. Plus for some reason it seems like for gpu undervolt to work on Erista on high ram clocks you need higher ram voltage. Just try the EPV moderate kip out. Also try NO_ADJ instead of AUTO_ADJ because that's what old OC suite used.

Also leave min CPU volt at default too low and it can cause emunand corruption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto