Gambia, The
The best would be if someone would makes a patch
wink.gif

Lyzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have a problem. I'm getting black screen after language selection. i have followed the instructions on first page. what should be a problem?

djidane535

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
After testing the rom I made, it doesn't work exactly has I expected lol. In fact, I have a mix of a French, English and Japonese game lol. Some texts are in French (the most are menu texts but few dialogs are in french too), almost all dialogs are in English and sounds are in Japonese. Battle voices works at least
tongue.gif

It's weird but I think that the sce_sbin* file contains subtitles on movies and all dialogs of the game. Perhaps the introduction is an exception of that (it would explain that there is few dialogs in French at the beginning).

So in fact we can play Suikoden Tierkreis in another langage than English I think because the files containing dialogs (sce_sbin*) are not compatible with the japonese rom. Perhaps it would be easier to restart with a European rom base ?

xjenova

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question about the ds_data_hed file that is up for download on the first page. Is this file necessary anymore if you follow ashenfenix method? If so, could someone please tell me what file exactly i need to replace with the modified one?. I tried searching the unpacked japanese rom for ds_data_hed.sdat and i found two files:

ds_data_hed.sdat: located in DATA/ROM folder, 19KB in size

ds_data_hed.sdat: located in DATA/ROM/EX1 folder 19KB in size

Which one of these two is it?

Thanks in advance for the reply and sorry for being a nub
tongue.gif

EDIT: please disregard this post. I found it already, this is what happens when you dont read thoroughly
blink.gif

Lyzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xjenova said:
I have a question about the ds_data_hed file that is up for download on the first page. Is this file necessary anymore if you follow ashenfenix method? If so, could someone please tell me what file exactly i need to replace with the modified one?. I tried searching the unpacked japanese rom for ds_data_hed.sdat and i found two files:

tongue.gif

EDIT: please disregard this post. I found it already, this is what happens when you dont read thoroughly
blink.gif

Found it? then which one is it ?? Maybe this was my problem.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sound data in the ex1 folder is for the battles, and the sound data in the rom folder is for everything else. There very well may be a full set of english battle voices. loading the english ex1 folder into the japanise version results in every charecter using one of the main characters sound clips when they attack.. (in english.)

If you open up the /ex1/ds_data_hed file in a hex editor, its set up the same way as the one in /rom, except all of pointers lead to one sound effect (the one we hear when the main character attacks.) I havn't tried changing the values, but that would be the way to figure out if there is a full set of english battle voices.

So my guess is konami didn't finish implementing the battle voices and just decided to disable them rather than push back the release date. So battle voices are disabled in the english arm9, but not the japanise one. there is probably a way to get the english arm9 to load battle voices with some sort of hex edit, but i'll be damned if i can figure it out. And the payoff dosn't really seam worth it as all you would gain is an english start menu and a little extra character length in the hero's name.

tl;dr: nothing important really.

just thought i would share what i figured out while playing with the battle sounds.

edit: page 16 snipa

Also, has anyone played the us version? could be it has battle voices.

djidane535

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think it's useless. In fact, including texts from european version into the japonese version works fine yes. But including texts from other langages doesn't work. Subtitles during movies doesn't work at all. I think it's because they add few "dialogs" in other langage (at least in french).

If we try to implements sounds from the japonese version into the european version, battle voices disapear. If we could modify the european version and include battle voices from the japonese version, I think that everyone could use its langage. I will search more in that way. If what you say is right, it's possible to make it.

AshenPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@manduchu: start new games on both eu and jap versions and save at the first save after the cutscene then compare the files and see what's different. Just a thought, never tried it.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
xjenova said:

tongue.gif

blink.gif

Or when you have ten pages to scan through.

QUOTE(manduchu @ Mar 25 2009, 06:34 PM) Is it possibl to convert the E sav file to a J one?

Cause I'd love to have battle voices while I play. Haha.
tongue.gif
Unfortunately it didn't work for me, which is a bummer, because the battles are really dull without battle chatter, and I'm not up for getting all 108 stars again.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, you've got two choices. There's undubbing the E ROM with the Japanese voice files and then there's translating the Japanese ROM with the European text (and other resources). The advantage of this latter method is the battle voices which are completely disabled in the E rom for some reason.

xjenova

Trophies
XP
Country
Which brings the next question:

I used the file tsol uploaded to megaupload, which can be found on page 13 of this thread. Here's the link so you can find it faster. According to him it is based on sinbatsu's version but maybe better? I used this file for undubbing suikoden and it works just fine so far but i wonder which of tsol's or sinbatsu's version works best.

EDIT:

skurai123: use the instructions posted by ashenfenix on that link i just posted along with the file uploaded by tsol on that very page i just gave you and replace the ds_data_hed.sdat found in the DATA/ROM folder in the japanese version of the rom after you unpack it.

djidane535

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There is no better version but different versions xD. You have desync because there is more dilaogs in the european version (so you need more space to write the text). With the first file, it repeats the voice twice. With the second one, it replaces extra dialogs by silence. For me the second one is better but some people prefers the first one.

To summarize what has been found, you have to ways to create the undub rom. The first one is to inject japonese sounds into a European rom. If you do this, you won't have any voices during battle (just like the european version in fact). The second one is to inject european texts into a Japonese rom. But there's few problems with this second method. The title screen is in japonese (
tongue.gif
) and if you try to inject texts from another langage then english, you won't have any subtitles on movies. For english, it works but not for other langages.

So you have to choice : you can play without any battle voices (but you can choose your langage) or you can play with an "vosta" version ^^. I prefer the second choice (it's more lively with battle voices ^^).

Lee-On

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone there can save me from madness?
tongue.gif
I've been trying for days to undub my EU version but i keep getting a version without dialogue voices at all... the game is totally silenced :x just with the game sounds...

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
To undub the EU version:
1. Unpack the JP rom. This process will generate a folder containing the JP rom's files.
2. Navigate within the JP rom folder to: data\rom\
3. Copy the following:
- A. The movie folder.
- B. The ex1 folder.
- C. ds_data_vow.sdat
- D. sound_data.sdat
4. Unpack the EU rom.
5. Navigate within the EU rom folder to: data\rom\
6. Paste and Overwrite the following:
- A. The movie folder.
- B. The ex1 folder.
- C. ds_data_vow.sdat
- D. sound_data.sdat
7. Download and Unzip the suikosilence.zip file hidden somewhere in a link in this thread.
8. Copy the ds_data_hed.sdat file from the suikosilence folder that was unzipped.
9. Paste and Overwrite the ds_data_hed.sdat file into the EU rom's folder: data\rom\
10. Download the gukid font located somewhere in this thread. This is a file called gd_sysfont_jp.nftr.
11. Copy the gd_sysfont_hp.nftr file.
12. Paste and Overwrite this file into the EU version folder: \data\font\
13. Repack the EU rom, Copy it onto your Flashcard where M3Sakura is located, and Play.

To translate the JP version:
1. Unpack the EU version rom.
2. Navigate to the EU version folder: data\rom\
3. Copy areatxt_eng.bin to a temporary folder.
4. Navigate to the EU version folder: data\rom\scenario\
5. Copy sce_sbin_eng.bin to a temporary folder.
6. Navigate to the EU version folder: data\rom\text\
7. Copy the following files to a temporary folder:
- A. gd_textres01_eng.txrc
- B. gd_textres02_eng.txrc
- C. gd_textres03_eng.txrc
- D. gd_textres_eng.txrc
8. In the temporary folder, rename the following:
- A. areatxt_eng.bin into areatxt.bin
- B. sce_sbin_eng.bin into sce_sbin_jpn.bin
- C. gd_textres01_eng.txrc into gd_textres01_jpn.txrc
- D. gd_textres02_eng.txrc into gd_textres02_jpn.txrc
- E. gd_textres03_eng.txrc into gd_textres03_jpn.txrc
- F. gd_textres_eng.txrc into gd_textres_jpn.txrc
9. Unpack the JP version rom.
10. Copy the areatxt_eng.bin file from your temporary folder into the JP version's \data\rom\ folder.
11. Copy the sce_sbin_eng.bin file from your temporary folder into the JP version's \data\rom\scenario\ folder.
12. Copy the following files from your temporary folder:
- A. gd_textres01_jpn.txrc
- B. gd_textres02_jpn.txrc
- C. gd_textres03_jpn.txrc
- D. gd_textres_jpn.txrc
13. Paste and Overwrite these files into the JP version's \data\rom\text\ folder.
14. Download and Unzip the suikosilence.zip file hidden somewhere in a link in this thread.
15. Copy the ds_data_hed.sdat file from the suikosilence folder that was unzipped.
16. Paste and Overwrite the ds_data_hed.sdat file into the JP rom's folder: data\rom\
17. Download the AshenPhoenix font located somewhere in this thread. This is a file called gd_sysfont_jp.nftr.
18. Copy the gd_sysfont_hp.nftr file.
19. Paste and Overwrite this file into the JP version folder: \data\font\
20. Repack the JP rom, Copy it onto your Flashcard where M3Sakura is located, and Play.

Granted, I can get this all done in two or three steps, but there are people who have trouble with it.
Next step: Move on.
So how come the EU version gets an itr3.bin file whilst the JP version doesn't?

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the instructions, i'm sure it will help a lot of people out

GreenBanana said:
So how come the EU version gets an itr3.bin file whilst the JP version doesn't?

the itr3 has something to do with the language select screen, so it's not needed in the Japanese version.. but that's all i could really tell you about it offhand..

Lee-On

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TY very much for the detailed guide... It's very heplful ^^

anyway i'm gona go suicide since i just realized i did everything right since the first time i tried to undub... but i saved just before a sequence of dialogues without voices so i thought something didnt work properly xDDDD

anyway the guide is great and i'm sure many other people will be grateful to you
tongue.gif
even because of the detailed explanation of how to translate the JP version

thank you very much again.^^

Kerian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First posted updated. I also took the liberty of using greenbananas undubing instructions in the first post since they are very detailed. thanks again greenbanana, and of course, credit has been given where credit is due.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning