Sony's new streaming handheld gets name and price

5e8509d3e2d54b4004ca28d9bc004387.jpg

Sony's new remote-play only device finally has a name and a price. The streaming only device is officially called the PlayStation Portal remote player and will launch later this year for $199.99 USD (219.99 EURO / 199.99 GBP / 29,980 YEN).

The handheld sports an 8inch LCD screen capable of playing games remotely at up to 1080p60. The device includes all features from the PlayStation 5 DualSense such as adaptive triggers and haptic feedback.

PlayStation Portal remote player

PlayStation Portal remote player brings the PS5 experience to the palm of your hand. It includes the key features of the DualSense wireless controller, including adaptive triggers and haptic feedback*. The vibrant 8-inch LCD screen is capable of 1080p resolution at 60fps, providing a high definition visual experience that's expected from the high quality games created by world-class developers.

PlayStation Portal is the perfect device for gamers in households where they might need to share their living room TV or simply want to play PS5 games in another room of the house. PlayStation Portal will connect remotely to your PS5 over Wi-Fi**, so you'll be able to swiftly jump from playing on your PS5 to your PlayStation Portal. PlayStation Portal can play supported games that are installed on your PS5 console and use the Dualsense controller. It also includes a 3.5mm audio jack for wired audio. PS VR2 games, which require the headset, and games that are streamed through PlayStation Plus Premium's cloud streaming, are not supported.

Pre-orders for the device will go live later this year.

Sony have also announced a new Pulse Elite headset priced at 149.99 USD (149.99 EURO, 129.99 GBP, 18,980 YEN) that offers lossless audio, retractable boom mic and built in an AI noise cancelling feature.

424463b68a9e54c935d8c68605a134032f22ad69-scaled.jpg fd8ff6133d32b19bc1f1b28322fa986cd7808a27-scaled.jpg

Their new wireless ear buds also have a name - Pulse Explore , and also feature the above AI noise cancelling tech and dual mics and these are priced at an eye-watering 199.99 USD (219.99 EURO, 199.99 GBP, 29,980 YEN).

1a8c11dc8eb22b6d7c7d2784290b5b9c2b4f4d78-scaled.jpg 66432d561feff841dab2c528b1519ac76bb53e5c-scaled.jpg

:arrow: Source

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
The streaming only device is officially called the PlayStation Portal remote player
it's been so long since Sony launched a handheld gaming device that they seem to have forgotten how to name one well --' even if it was simply the PlayStation Portal, it would be shortened to PSP again...

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's been so long since Sony launched a handheld gaming device that they seem to have forgotten how to name one well --' even if it was simply the PlayStation Portal, it would be shortened to PSP again...
PPRP? Pen Pineapple R-pple Pen

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all their knowledge in home console gaming they manage to screw up anything portable for a while now

Reactions: k7ra

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For $150 the MSRP realistically isn't all that bad, it's about the same price as a Xbox elite controller. Still a hard pass the mods for it will be interesting.

Reactions: Payne

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States

Sony's new remote-play only device finally has a name and a price. The streaming only device is officially called the PlayStation Portal remote player and will launch later this year for $199.99 USD (219.99 EURO / 199.99 GBP / 29,980 YEN).

The handheld sports an 8inch LCD screen capable of playing games remotely at up to 1080p60. The device includes all features from the PlayStation 5 DualSense such as adaptive triggers and haptic feedback.

Pre-orders for the device will go live later this year.

Sony have also announced a new Pulse Elite headset priced at 149.99 USD (149.99 EURO, 129.99 GBP, 18,980 YEN) that offers lossless audio, retractable boom mic and built in an AI noise cancelling feature.

Their new wireless ear buds also have a name - Pulse Explore , and also feature the above AI noise cancelling tech and dual mics and these are priced at an eye-watering 199.99 USD (219.99 EURO, 199.99 GBP, 29,980 YEN).

:arrow: Source

Things are just getting more and more expensive these days that I can't even imagine what's next for technology as life rises up. The more expensive these games get, the harder it is for others to actually play and enjoy them. Personally why I'm into Retro games all of the time, but this is insane.

In my opinion, if things start to get more pricy, we should get something in return and get a lot of money as for balancing out all of this. Not even technology is getting bigger and it seems to me (i may be wrong) that were getting less money than what people make advancements with. I blame inflation, but it could be something else.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things are just getting more and more expensive these days that I can't even imagine what's next for technology as life rises up. The more expensive these games get, the harder it is for others to actually play and enjoy them. Personally why I'm into Retro games all of the time, but this is insane.

In my opinion, if things start to get more pricy, we should get something in return and get a lot of money as for balancing out all of this. Not even technology is getting bigger and it seems to me (i may be wrong) that were getting less money than what people make advancements with. I blame inflation, but it could be something else.
Weren't NES games $80 back in the day?

Reactions: DragonMals

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could have at least designed It to play small scale games, on the system itself.
Right? I mean didn't the Vita cost around $250 at launch? And not only did it remote play both your PS3 and PS4, but it also natively played its own games. I know this is $50 less, but I mean, what you lose doesn't really make up for what you gain (a larger screen, 2 more triggers, and I dunno, I guess the additional mostly unnecessary features that a PS5 controller natively holds).

It's a tough sell to say the least.

Reactions: k7ra and felix.200

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto