PlayStation Plus 12-month sub price to increase by 33%

02lbhbJ8JoH0MK5iCUYBHOj-6.v16067.jpg

Sony have announced that their 12-month subscription plans for all PlayStation Plus tiers - Essential, Extra and Premium, are getting price increases of around 33%, more details below.
  • PlayStation Plus Essential (12 month) will be increased to $79.99 USD , €71,99 EUR, £59.99 GBP up from $59.99, €59.99, £49.99​
  • PlayStation Plus Extra (12 month) will be increased to $134.99 USD, €125,99 EUR, £99.99 GBP up from $99.99, €99.99, £83.99​
  • PlayStation Plus Premium (12 month) will be increased to $159.99 USD, €151,99 EUR, £119.99 GBP up from $119.99, €119.99, £99.99​
They have yet to justify the price increases with any extra perks or changes to the included benefits.

The price increase comes into effect from September 6th 2023.

We also wanted to let you know that starting September 6 we will be increasing the price for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscriptions globally across all benefit plans. This price adjustment will enable us to continue bringing high-quality games and value-added benefits to your PlayStation Plus subscription service.

Here are the new prices for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription plans.

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription
79.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription
134.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription
159.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

The new prices for the 12-Month subscription will remain at a discounted rate when compared to purchasing the 1-Month or 3-Month subscriptions over a 12-month period.

For current 12-month subscribers, this price increase will not take effect until your next renewal date that occurs on or after November 6. However, any membership changes you make on or after September 6, such as upgrades, downgrades or buying additional time, will update your plan reflecting the new prices.

You can change or cancel your subscription at any time, details here.

We’ll notify current subscribers of these changes via email and will have additional details on our website soon.

This news comes shortly after the announcement of massive strides in the PS5 homebrew community with LibHijacker now able to run 60fps patches, mods, programs and more, as well as the first ever "Hello World" homebrew app on PS5.

:arrow: Source

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know what website you're on, right? The people on this site that actually pay for video games are a low minority.
I'm being sarcastic and yes, GBATemp is reliably hacking forum. I have hacked 3DS and hacked Switch that is main reason that I'm in this forum, however I don't use hacked Switch for piracy, exception of unusual situation require emulator and NSP to produce the file.

I haven't subscribe PS Plus for more than 10 years, after cancelled in 2011 when I had PS3 at that time. I have no reason to get pricey PS Plus.

Since GBATemp is considered as hacking community, I don't share on other forms and I don't want their members to assume that I'm doing illegal stuff.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canceled my sub. This is an outrageous price for a mediocre service. Calm down Sony, you're not even half of what Game Pass is.
Game pass has been great along with EA access plus streaming from Xbox to deck. I would say don't fear sites like kinguin when you're looking for deals I've used them in the past and got 3 months of gold for like $10 just read the descriptions.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone in this world had to justify its price increases other than the government's guidelines for inflation.

Yet the reason behind forecasting inflation doesn't apply, as those who barely make ends meet are now even more on the bones of their arses.

And its energy corps ect that reep the rewards.

As every sheep loves digital, then sure, your digital services are going to increase when you have to cover the energy price increase.

Simple solution, dont invest in digital, boycot online gaming where your been a cunt paying for a product yet paying even more to use a feature included in the product you paid for.

They'd soon backtrack, but guess theirs too many sheep.

• Haha
Reactions: Bladexdsl

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
That's why I never buy any subscription for my PS4/PS5. All subscriptions are garbage and waste our and their money. Because subscription is not important anymore.

Best to buy physical copies of game disc and forget subscription and digital stores away. Physical life for me.

About future of next new generations of game console like PS6 or later, etc if company force to digital only then I have right to cut support off to company for get hurt sales on both digital games and digital only hardware. Means I will stop support and not give my money to company anymore then cease & drop support without warning if company force everyone to digital only! Digital only is no excuse to us and that's threat to all of people who are fans of physical collection like me stick with old school game collection for many years.

Digital is total catastrophic in the future. No joke period! :angry:

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought two additional years. my sub was to originally expire on Nov. 2nd. I used the money I got for selling the ps2, ps1, gamecube, and I just recently sold my sega cd.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If people feel like it's not worth it, they're free to cancel.

It's a massive increase, it doesn't matter if you think it's little, the fact is that it is a huge increase for no reason and for a lot of people, just not worth it.

Gamepass had a 1$ increase for ultimate, PS Plus increased more than that. You can also still buy Xbox Gold which ends up much cheaper (just got half a year of ultimate for under 20€).

I used to have PS Plus just for the monthly games and cloud save, nowadays it's not worth it.

Where did I say people are not free to cancel if they feel it's not worth it?

It is not a massive increase. It's literally $2-$3 a month.

Xbox Live Gold is going away this month.

Why are you so invested in other people's subscriptions?

Since I wasn't even replying to you, I guess I would ask why you're so invested in other people's conversations. I could also ask how you come to such moronic conclusions. Someone said the price wasn't worth the three monthly games, I made a legitimate statement saying that the cost isn't only for the "free" games, it's for renting the entire library that's offered. I also made a simple opposing view that "renting" the games isn't a problem when everyone already knows they're renting before signing up. I feel that not being able to keep things you know you're renting isn't actually an issue. How do either equate to being invested in other people's subscriptions? They're my opinions, just like everyone elses opinions. But you seem to only take issue with mine and not those you agree with. People can subscribe or cancel. I don't care whatsoever. But I am free to give my opinions and differing view points on things others have said. Seems you don't understand that's pretty much how message boards and social media work.

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not even a problem. Nowhere is it stated that you keep the games. Everyone knows full well that they're paying for a rental service. It's no different than Netflix or anything similar. Stuff comes and goes all the time. It it also a big problem if a person hasn't finished watching a movie before a service pulls it? Most of them also list what is leaving so people can play or watch before it's gone.

Movies are ~2-3 hours long. Games are often 20-60+ hours. Yes, some TV shows with multiple seasons are that long, but even if Netflix removes a TV show, you can easily buy the remaining episodes from various retailers on DVD, or watch it on another service. Your PS Plus save is locked to your Playstation account and possibly your specific console, so if you buy it on another service, you have to start over. And collecting all 98/100 dodads again or fighting that really hard boss again isn't somthing that happens with TV and movies.

YoureALoser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe Sony should focus on the quality of their latest products before raising prices. the ps5 is no where near the ps4 as far as quality goes and there is not even a big enough ps5 library to start raising prices. they will push people to other consoles. even though they are all raising rates above what i believe to be fair market value sony is behind the curve in what u can actually do once uve paid into their crapshoot
LMFAO! PS4 only had PS3/360 ports the first few years & it required PS+ to play online. At least the PS5 actually has a library because backwards compatibility. They will push people to other consoles, really? What console would that be? Nintendo consoles are for children/casual gamers and do not get 3rd party AAA games. Microsoft shouldn't even be making consoles when every game that comes to Xbox is also released on PC.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Movies are ~2-3 hours long. Games are often 20-60+ hours. Yes, some TV shows with multiple seasons are that long, but even if Netflix removes a TV show, you can easily buy the remaining episodes from various retailers on DVD, or watch it on another service. Your PS Plus save is locked to your Playstation account and possibly your specific console, so if you buy it on another service, you have to start over. And collecting all 98/100 dodads again or fighting that really hard boss again isn't somthing that happens with TV and movies.
I do agree that it's a pita to have to use cloud saving just to insure your saves remain "saved." I mean so many people are concerned about temps these days, especially after the ps3 and 360 showed people just how hot these systems were getting. you never know when a console may fail, and it sucks to be stuck like this. cloud saving is the main reason I'm buying psn or nso. it should be free like xbox. however, xbox only gives you 2GBs, not sure how big the saves are, but by comparison, the pokemon snap save by itself is half a gig. very frustrating. I bet sony is only allowing ps4 saves via flash drive, since it's already done. I blame save wizard for making cheating possible, even on the latest. I don't care if you cheat with getting trophies or completing a game, but I'd think sony would just ban people's accounts if caught cheating online. that's what I'd hope.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend people to get a Playstation credit card, so you can get point to spend on PSN card so you can actually save some money on Playstation Plus or even get it for free.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Localhorst86,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am, in response, reducing my PS+ subscription by 100%
That's exactly what I did last time PS Plus changed to the current state, I used to have PS+ 4 my PS4 Pro and barely used it for ages anyway so screw it.

Just bought a used RX 6700XT for 300€ (Asus ROG Strix edition) so guess I will be playing Starfield on PC for cheaper than the price of a PS5 console and I already had the other parts of the PC which I also bought used a few time ago...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?