PlayStation Plus 12-month sub price to increase by 33%

02lbhbJ8JoH0MK5iCUYBHOj-6.v16067.jpg

Sony have announced that their 12-month subscription plans for all PlayStation Plus tiers - Essential, Extra and Premium, are getting price increases of around 33%, more details below.
  • PlayStation Plus Essential (12 month) will be increased to $79.99 USD , €71,99 EUR, £59.99 GBP up from $59.99, €59.99, £49.99​
  • PlayStation Plus Extra (12 month) will be increased to $134.99 USD, €125,99 EUR, £99.99 GBP up from $99.99, €99.99, £83.99​
  • PlayStation Plus Premium (12 month) will be increased to $159.99 USD, €151,99 EUR, £119.99 GBP up from $119.99, €119.99, £99.99​
They have yet to justify the price increases with any extra perks or changes to the included benefits.

The price increase comes into effect from September 6th 2023.

We also wanted to let you know that starting September 6 we will be increasing the price for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscriptions globally across all benefit plans. This price adjustment will enable us to continue bringing high-quality games and value-added benefits to your PlayStation Plus subscription service.

Here are the new prices for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription plans.

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription
79.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription
134.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription
159.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

The new prices for the 12-Month subscription will remain at a discounted rate when compared to purchasing the 1-Month or 3-Month subscriptions over a 12-month period.

For current 12-month subscribers, this price increase will not take effect until your next renewal date that occurs on or after November 6. However, any membership changes you make on or after September 6, such as upgrades, downgrades or buying additional time, will update your plan reflecting the new prices.

You can change or cancel your subscription at any time, details here.

We’ll notify current subscribers of these changes via email and will have additional details on our website soon.

This news comes shortly after the announcement of massive strides in the PS5 homebrew community with LibHijacker now able to run 60fps patches, mods, programs and more, as well as the first ever "Hello World" homebrew app on PS5.

:arrow: Source

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
🤣 Well starfield ain't even on playstation.
Yep but it's on Xbox Series X which is 500€ here. I just talked on Playstation cause it's the only console I was very interested since last Xbox I have is Xbox360 and because M$ now releases almost everything to PC so I already have a Xbox B-)

Then Sony was more interested in selling the console to scalpers and everyone else but gamers during the pandemic and the ones I could have bought were like 600€ from official big stores from my country when all I wanted was just a PS5 digital for 400€.

Now Sony has PS5 well available but they increased prices on games, console and now PS Plus so they can shove it up theirs specially when they keep increasing their millions while 1 month of my work is like a god damn year in hell to go trough:whip:...

EDIT: Forgot to say sure there's the cheaper Xbox Series S but I don't even consider that console a current gen and would never buy a crap down version of a current gen console, Sony approach is much better but when it cost 400€ for the same exact PS5 performance without the disc reader which I only ever used 1 game disc on my PS4 and never used a single one on my PS4 Pro since I buy games all digital in promotions.

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: nothing-to-see-here

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep but it's on Xbox Series X which is 500€ here. I just talked on Playstation cause it's the only console I was very interested since last Xbox I have is Xbox360 and because M$ now releases almost everything to PC so I already have a Xbox B-)

Then Sony was more interested in selling the console to scalpers and everyone else but gamers during the pandemic and the ones I could have bought were like 600€ from official big stores from my country when all I wanted was just a PS5 digital for 400€.

Now Sony has PS5 well available but they increased prices on games, console and now PS Plus so they can shove it up theirs specially when they keep increasing their millions while 1 month of my work is like a god damn year in hell to go trough:whip:...

EDIT: Forgot to say sure there's the cheaper Xbox Series S but I don't even consider that console a current gen and would never buy a crap down version of a current gen console, Sony approach is much better but when it cost 400€ for the same exact PS5 performance without the disc reader which I only ever used 1 game disc on my PS4 and never used a single one on my PS4 Pro since I buy games all digital in promotions.
I'm all digital on the switch with about 215 games across two micro-sd cards. I just preordered the wonder system (currently have the totk one, but I may cancel. I'm a bigger fan of Mario, but it does seem kinda basic by comparison. in fact, the system is $10 cheaper, I think). anyway, I'm also all digital on the series x, but it just turned out that way due to sales (I'll buy whatever is cheapest, digital or retail, it doesn't matter much to me). however, on the ps5, I'm a mix based on price. I started ffvi today on the system, having beaten i-v without a guide. I'm doing the same here, and wow, the music...

Reactions: guily6669

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all digital on the switch with about 215 games across two micro-sd cards. I just preordered the wonder system (currently have the totk one, but I may cancel. I'm a bigger fan of Mario, but it does seem kinda basic by comparison. in fact, the system is $10 cheaper, I think). anyway, I'm also all digital on the series x, but it just turned out that way due to sales (I'll buy whatever is cheapest, digital or retail, it doesn't matter much to me). however, on the ps5, I'm a mix based on price. I started ffvi today on the system, having beaten i-v without a guide. I'm doing the same here, and wow, the music...

🤔 hmm you sounds like @godreborn 🤣😂

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, Sony. I will not subscribe it anymore. I will save my money!
Hell yeah, and with their bad moves the money I also had saved for the PS5 went into tuning my PC with the Strix ROG RX6700XT and a 2TB PCIe 4.0 SSD + new sound card is on the way and still got a few extra euros to drink some beers cause it was cheaper than the normal disc version PS5 :D
So seeing as no one is gonna be able to afford ps+ and won't have a reason to go online, full on jailbreak when?
At this point in time the only way Sony would get my money for a PS5 would definitely be only for that if available completely...

While on my PS4 Pro it never interested me as I played a bit online with friends even though I don't used it for years other than GT7 from time-to-time.

ps: I also never paid full price for PS Plus as back then I'd buy a few years when in promotions and most years came at less than half the current price which now we can't even add as many years as we want and key selling websites aren't much cheaper either nowadays...

Reactions: spotanjo3

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
🤔 hmm you sounds like @godreborn 🤣😂
no, but I've been his best friend in the scenes. he stopped talking to me once I started posting. we were using a family account with the switch to save money, so I had access to all his games; mine to his. he doesn't appear to help anyone with anything but compiling anymore, and he was thinking of quitting that as well.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no, but I've been his best friend in the scenes. he stopped talking to me once I started posting. we were using a family account with the switch to save money, so I had access to all his games; mine to his. he doesn't appear to help anyone with anything but compiling anymore, and he was thinking of quitting that as well.
Hmm seems suspicious. Saying that your his best friend gives off some red flags, especially if your posts are typed the same way as him.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job guys, woooo 👏👏👏

My online gaming reduced by 98% after free PS3 online, free Wii online & Xbox 12 month for £25 codes ended. I refuse to pay em, not because I can't afford but because the paywalls for online shouldn't be there.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They need to do one of the following:

1) The ability to copy all savefiles to USB (will never happen)

OR

2) A cheap cloud storage only option for people who don't care about all the other stuff

Khodeus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Italy
Or, or, or... give us the option to subscribe a plan just for play online games, about 30/40 bucks year?
Yeah, i'm a dreamer. Now, let the hacking scene unleash their fury on this company!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't complain here myself, had $40 dollars PSN voucher code, so I end up spending $25 to get another one year of PSN Essential.

SunsetFelid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sunsetfelid.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States

Sony have announced that their 12-month subscription plans for all PlayStation Plus tiers - Essential, Extra and Premium, are getting price increases of around 33%, more details below.
  • PlayStation Plus Essential (12 month) will be increased to $79.99 USD , €71,99 EUR, £59.99 GBP up from $59.99, €59.99, £49.99​
  • PlayStation Plus Extra (12 month) will be increased to $134.99 USD, €125,99 EUR, £99.99 GBP up from $99.99, €99.99, £83.99​
  • PlayStation Plus Premium (12 month) will be increased to $159.99 USD, €151,99 EUR, £119.99 GBP up from $119.99, €119.99, £99.99​
They have yet to justify the price increases with any extra perks or changes to the included benefits.

The price increase comes into effect from September 6th 2023.

This news comes shortly after the announcement of massive strides in the PS5 homebrew community with LibHijacker now able to run 60fps patches, mods, programs and more, as well as the first ever "Hello World" homebrew app on PS5.

:arrow: Source
eugh, PSN was already too much for not enough. Hard pass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up