Sonic '06 has randomly reappeared on the Xbox 360 digital store after 12 years of being delisted

jopsdfjklfjklsd.png

SEGA's bringing back a true classic: no, not the Genesis titles that will be out next month in the Sonic Origins collection, but rather, Sonic the Hedgehog, the infamous 2006 3D platformer for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The digital copy of the game was delisted by SEGA in 2010, following the brand stating that they were removing "average" Sonic titles from digital platforms, in order to increase the value of the brand, in some of its darkest days. If you've ever lamented missing out on picking up the game on XBLA all those years ago, worry not, as the game has mysteriously returned.

The Xbox Marketplace is offering Sonic '06 for $4.99, specifically for the Xbox 360, as the game is not backwards compatible with the Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S. It also follows upon and reverses SEGA's recent trend in taking down older games from digital stores, whether it was the retro releases of the 16-bit era games on 360/Steam/PS3, or all of their PS3 games from the PlayStation Now service. Currently, there is no official word from either Microsoft or SEGA as to why the game has returned to the XBLA.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4K 120FPS Series X-enhanced version, please - I still have *multiple* copies of this game and I’d love to see it made Backwards Compatible with some of the various modern Xbox features. I want to slowly go insane in style! :lol:
seeing those loading screens in 4K is liable to get me hot.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
..Would it make any of those PTSD-inducing loading screens any less insufferable though?
And that camera.. :wacko:
seeing those loading screens in 4K is liable to get me hot.
With the power of SSD’s and the Velocity Architecture those things will be a thing of the past, have faith! :lol: In all seriousness though, I have very fond memories with this game. My better half and I have bought it a grand total of… 6 times, I think. I honestly wouldn’t mind giving it another spin, and if it can look better and be slightly less irritating then that’s bonus nachos for me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the power of SSD’s and the Velocity Architecture those things will be a thing of the past, have faith! :lol: In all seriousness though, I have very fond memories with this game. My better half and I have bought it a grand total of… 6 times, I think. I honestly wouldn’t mind giving it another spin, and if it can look better and be slightly less irritating then that’s bonus nachos for me.
game doesn't appear to be on the bc list. it's no where to be found on the series x store. why bring that old game back to the 360 that's pretty much a dead console?

Reactions: CoolMe

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, Ive only played it on the PS3 back in the day when i was like 7 or something like that. Man, talk about nostalgia I loved this game back then.

Reactions: fazectgp_yt

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
..Would it make any of those PTSD-inducing loading screens any less insufferable though?
And that camera.. :wacko:
Funnily enough, the game runs really well on Xenia, minus a few graphical hiccups here and there that you can just refresh on the go. And dare I say, the stable framerate makes that game almost enjoyable ? Not having to deal with slowdowns and half a minute long loading screens everywhere really improves the experience.
Now don't get me wrong, it's still an awful game, but it's a lot more playable on emulator than it is on original hardware.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game doesn't appear to be on the bc list. it's no where to be found on the series x store. why bring that old game back to the 360 that's pretty much a dead console?
Yea, it doesn't make much sense.. Unless they're planning on releasing it for XO/XS consoles too at a later date, maybe a month or two from now..

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think all the hate and let's players exploiting the game desensitized me to it, because I had a decently fun time when I finally played it for the 1st time a few years ago. Before that I just parroted what everyone else said about 06.
Even the silver levels had their moments since I went into them not expecting anything like a sonic game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, it doesn't make much sense.. Unless they're planning on releasing it for XO/XS consoles too at a later date, maybe a month or two from now..
I actually bought it, now trying to get a refund, since I thought it was bc with the series x. they've made it mass confusion on the xbox store, because 360 games say "download to 360," where it will download to the series x if it's bc. and, the xbox app is a pos. it has like the worst search results for things.

Reactions: Cortador and CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\