Almost 60 titles are set to leave PlayStation Now's service prior to the PlayStation Plus rebranding this summer

nkldsaamklfsamklsf.png

Sony is set to rebrand its PlayStation Now streaming service into one that can compete more directly with Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass. There will be new games added, thanks to the retro-focused PlayStation Plus Premium tier, but fans might find themselves concerned, because plenty of titles are also slated to leave the service. Users found that many games will no longer be available after May 2022, and PlayStation has yet to note that fact.

Listed on many games' PlayStation Now pages are expiry dates; starting on May 3rd, eleven games will be removed, including Akiba's Trip, No Time to Explain, Exile's End, Sonic CD--with the last one to be expected, given SEGA's announcement of all the classic Sonic games being delisted, and more. Then on May 17th, other higher-profile titles will leave, including many SEGA and Konami games, such as all Metal Gear Solid games (Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Rising, Metal Gear Solid V), all Sonic games (Sonic Adventure, Sonic Generations, Sonic Unleashed), Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, Catherine, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and plenty more, with the full list denoted below, courtesy of a Reddit user.

Perhaps the pages for these games just haven't been updated yet, and they'll be a part of the new PlayStation Plus this June, however, with the lack of any official word from Sony, things are still unclear.

PS4, May 3rd

Akibas Beat (NA)

Akibas Trip (NA)

Anomaly 2

Exile's End

Hotel Transylvania 3

Lovely Planet

NBA 2K18

No Time To Explain

Steredenn Binary Stars

The Final Station

The Golf Club 2019

May 17th

Destroy All Humans

MGSV GZ

MGSV

MX vs ATV Supercross Encore

Sonic Mania

Sonic Forces

Team Sonic Racing

The Dwarves

Virtua Fighter V

Valkria Chronicles Remastered

WWE 2K19

PS3

May 3rd

Sonic CD

May 17th
Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Altered Beast

Bomberman Ultra

Casrlevania Lord of Shadow

Catherine

Comic zone

Crazy Taxi

Fighting Vipers

Golden Axe

House of the Dead 3+4+Overkill

Metal Gear Rising

MGS4

Nights into Dreams

Renegade Ops

Sega Bass Fishing

Silent Hill HD Collection

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic 4 Episode 1+2

Sonic the Fighters

Sonic Generations

Sonic Unleashed

Super Hang On

The Revenge of Shinobi

Virtua Fighter 2+V

Yakuza 4+5

Zeno Clash 2

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot care about Playstatnon NOW. Never subscriber from SONY anyway. I am fine with physical versions, only. I never liked digital and Cloud at all. A physical discs are way better and loved the arts. Playstation NOW is worthless.. to me.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMFAO!!!!! And? Why is this even front paged? PS Now is ending. I don't see the importance of titles leaving a service that is ending. EVERY game is going to be pulled from PS Now.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
LMFAO!!!!! And? Why is this even front paged? PS Now is ending. I don't see the importance of titles leaving a service that is ending. EVERY game is going to be pulled from PS Now.
No. Not all of the games have a May expiration date--and those games are going to be rolled back into PS+ Premium, presumably. These ones specifically are going away in May, with no official word from Sony as to whether or not they'll be renewing them for the rebrand. It also brings concern up as to whether or not SEGA or Konami will support the new PS+ at all.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Not all of the games have a May expiration date--and those games are going to be rolled back into PS+ Premium, presumably. These ones specifically are going away in May, with no official word from Sony as to whether or not they'll be renewing them for the rebrand. It also brings concern up as to whether or not SEGA or Konami will support the new PS+ at all.

"Presumably" is your key word there. None of what you have said can be backed by any cold, hard, facts. Well, except for "Not all of the games have a May expiration date" and "no official word". So until that official word happens, yeah. However, my statement of ALL games being gone from PS Now soon is actually a factual statement. There is no "presumably" about it. It's also not like games don't come and go from Game Pass. Sure, not 60 in a month, but Game Pass is also not coming to and end or being switched over to a new service.

Edit: There was also that glitch recently where some digital PS One Classics and Vita titles had expired licenses. This could be a part of that entire "glitch" that may not be a glitch, but just a part of the entire transition to the new tiers. Whatever happened with that anyway? It was a big "Fuck Sony!" moment for a lot of people, then everyone quit talking about it. Was it fixed or were peoples barks much louder than their bites on the matter? I Googled for updates about it but didn't see anything.

Last edited by Stone_Wings,

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a lot of Sega on this list and some of it “makes sense” considering the sonic delistings and rumors of the remakes via sega’s Super Game Project or whatever the hell they are doing. I’m not surprised to see any shake up before the service changes. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of these come back either.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t have Playstation Now so this doesn’t affect me but hopefully a lot of these come back for Premium in June. The Sonic games I sorta understand considering Origins is coming out but they’re definitely taking down more than just the games in that collection (SA2 port for PS4 hopefully?)

Also none of the Metal Gear games will probably come back so RIP.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a lot of Sonic games being removed. 😯

Sony makes great gaming consoles and first party games, but I don't trust them to offer a quality subscription service.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna miss those games? Save up your money and buy them. Also, give Sony a bit of slack - transferring to a new service is hard, so keeping content available is also hard, especially when it comes to licensing. Just wait and see what happens next...

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna miss those games? Save up your money and buy them. Also, give Sony a bit of slack - transferring to a new service is hard, so keeping content available is also hard, especially when it comes to licensing. Just wait and see what happens next...
PlayStation 4/5 aren't BC with PS1-PS3 so buying isn't an option.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PlayStation 4/5 aren't BC with PS1-PS3 so buying isn't an option.

Not official yet but according to Nate Drake, publishers who make their PS1/2/PSP games available on the premium tier, will have the option to offer said games a la carte in the PS store, using Sony's emulators like a Virtual Console. Which I think almost every 3rd party would do since they can price it higher than whatever Sony gives them. Not sure about PS3 since that is tied to streaming.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Sony is set to rebrand its PlayStation Now streaming service into one that can compete more directly with Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass..." by removing games from its service.

LOL! Typical Sony move.

Reactions: Glyptofane

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not official yet but according to Nate Drake, publishers who make their PS1/2/PSP games available on the premium tier, will have the option to offer said games a la carte in the PS store, using Sony's emulators like a Virtual Console. Which I think almost every 3rd party would do since they can price it higher than whatever Sony gives them. Not sure about PS3 since that is tied to streaming.
That would be some paywall bullshit. :hateit:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that is because they made a lousy ps1 and ps2 emulator for ps4(well worse than they were on ps3 for sure), but for ps3 there is no emulator for ps4/5 so it will still be only streaming, i wish sony moved their ass off and made an official ps3 emulator on ps5 and let devs release their ps3 games in there, being high rez at 4k and not having the framedrops they had in original hardware on ps3 would be glorious imo, and ps3 is full of gems.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is because they made a lousy ps1 and ps2 emulator for ps4(well worse than they were on ps3 for sure) bt for ps3 afaik there is no emulator for ps4/5 so it will still be only streaming, i wish sony moved their ass off and made an official ps3 emulator on ps5 and let devs release their ps3 games in there, being high rez at 4k and not having the framedrops they had in original hardware on ps3 would be glorious imo, and ps3 is full of gems.
Might as well just do what they do - Remasters and Remakes. Well, some remakes are very disappointing (GTA Trilogy DE).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Might as well just do what they do - Remasters and Remakes. Well, some remakes are very disappointing (GTA Trilogy DE).
well we all know only like 10% of the titles if even that will get remakes/remasters. most games will be stuck on that generation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1