PlayStation Plus Essential and Games with Gold announced for May 2023

3bc0c92664b681e28f3c7be6359057b4de960f3d.jpg

Microsoft and Sony have announced the new games coming to the PlayStation Plus Essential and Games with Gold services in May.

For Games with Gold, Star Wars Episode I: Racer will be available from May 1 to May 31, while Hoa will occupy the mid-month slot from May 16 to June 15. This means that last month's games, Out of Space: Couch Edition and Peaky Blinders: Mastermind, will go down on the April 30 and May 15, respectively.

On Sony's side, GRID Legends, Chivalry 2 and Descenders will be free starting on May 2. This means that your last chance to get April's games - Meet Your Maker, Sackboy: A Big Adventure and Tails of Iron - is May 1.

:arrow: Source (Games with Gold)
:arrow: Source (PlayStation Plus Essential)

Star Wars Episode I Racer

Climb on and strap in for some old-school “Star Wars Episode I” podracing action. Play as young Anakin Skywalker or any of the over twenty-one podracers. Fire up your two massive jet engines and rev up to 600 MPH as you race by and over flaming methane lakes, through meteor showers, past Tusken Raiders, and more. May the Force be with you!

Hoa

Travel through the beautiful, mythologically inspired world of Hoa. Play as the titular fairy returning to her homeland to reinvigorate the terrain and its inhabitants. This is a soothing, meditative puzzle-platformer which will utterly charm you with hand-painted art and a beautiful score. Lose yourself in the little wonders.

GRID Legends | PS4, PS5

Welcome to GRID Legends: a high-stakes driving experience that combines thrilling and unpredictable motorsport, incredible race variety and an immersive narrative that puts you at the heart of the action. Take the spotlight in an engrossing racing story, brought to life by a world-class cast including Ncuti Gatwa in a ground-breaking extended reality production. Face fierce personalities, paddock politics, on-track drama and the infamous Ravenwest Motorsport, as a fly-on-the-wall documentary captures every moment.

Chivalry 2 | PS4, PS5

Return to the ultimate medieval battlefield in this multiplayer first person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era – experience large-scale conflicts in sprawling medieval environments ranging from Tournament grounds to full-scale castle sieges. Pick your playstyle with 4 classes and 12 subclasses, each with their own unique weapons and abilities and much more then charge headfirst into stunning 64-player cinematic battles. The PS5 version runs in 4K at 60fps.

Descenders | PS4

Descenders is a fast-paced extreme downhill biking game that’s easy to pick up, but difficult to master, featuring an in-depth physics system that lets you control every subtle movement of your rider. Take on different jumps, slopes and hillbombs every time you play with procedurally generated levels. Earn special mutators each time you play, and work out which abilities work best for your riding style and earn new bikes and threads as you build your online Rep system.

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I can't wait for Descenders!! Always been my dream to play it :)

But being serious here, when the PS4 first launched I was stucked with "No starve" and other shitty games, in fact I cannot remember any good game that 1st year.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox Games for Gold hasn't been good either. They seem to give us cheap games. Sony needs to bring back giving us PS Vita and PS3 games as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up