Homebrew Snes9x RX - A new fork.

Which one is the typography you think should be the main one from now on? (Images on page 22)

• Earthworm Jim 2

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kirby Super Star

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Super Bomberman 2

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Earthworm Jim

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it normal that I can't quite get full speed, it drops very often to 57fps in almost all platform games like DKC. Not complaining just asking

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Is it normal that I can't quite get full speed, it drops very often to 57fps in almost all platform games like DKC. Not complaining just asking
Normal cause Wii isn't powerful enough for run at full speed every SNES game.
What version are you using?

johw

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you even know what you're talking about? KI2 direct port for Xbox1 with extra ram? :rolleyes:

The arcade roms for both games run on the Xbox1 just because the EMULATOR is a source port of the original U64Emu for PC, which already ran perfect on a measly Pentium III. There was no need to rewrite dynarec or other important stuff deeply for the console, which made the port integrate fine with the Xbox1 x86 architecture. That port was done by famous known youtuber ModernVintageGamer, and it doesn't need anything more than a cheap softmodded Xbox1 with its factory components.

No need for "direct ports" to Wii to make it run flawless. Perfect MAME for Wii? You're weird. But whatever, be happy with your imaginary direct ports. And no, the mod is not "badly made".

Anyway, on topic discussion is way cooler. This is the Snes9x RX thread.

Okey, about this: as commented almost a year ago, I was donated a SD2SP2 back in 2022. sadly It arrived faulty much later. Fast forward some months, another user donated me yet another SD2SP2, which arrived like 2 weeks ago. Now that I can test and guarantee compatibility with it on the beloved Gamecube, I went all in with the integration. Spoiler alert: it's done! Snes9xRX 5.6.0 should be ready for public soon-ish. I tested loading roms from the adapter, and also ran games and emulators from it, it all went perfect. :yay:

All previous perks from RX like better speed are still there, now with that extra feature for Gamecube users.
interesting

Last edited by johw,

trogdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to have a 256x224 output option for SNES games? This would be useful for external scalers as it would allow them to perform the stretch to 4:3 while not providing sharper results.

wei134102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hi everyong, i play wild guns whit wiimote for lightgun,but it dont ,
I can see the cursor of the wii moving, but the crosshair is still in the middle of the screen. Has anyone encountered it? I tried GX, RX, TX with the same results!

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hi everyong, i play wild guns whit wiimote for lightgun,but it dont ,
I can see the cursor of the wii moving, but the crosshair is still in the middle of the screen. Has anyone encountered it? I tried GX, RX, TX with the same results!

Did you check the settings? I think you have to tell the emulator you want lightgun mode first.

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
I cannot get the vWii channel forwarder for RX to work. Is there something wrong?

Tried Snes9x-RX-Wii_vWiiChannel-SNRX.zip for 5.5.0 and 5.4.0, every time I launch RX channel it got black screen and my Wii U/vWii hangs, I can only unplug the power for a force shut down.
I installed the wad with newest yawmME, no errors during install. Also installed other wads like USB loader GX and it works fine.
Also tried Some YAWMM Mod for wad install, the same.

If I launch snes9xRX directly from HBC it works fine.
I have RX at: apps\Snes9xRX and also \Snes9xRX and subfolders on the SD root. Tried 5.5.0 and 5.4.0, results are the same. Also notice the file hash for vWiiChannel are the same for 5.5.0 and 5.4.0, is this the cause?

Ps: I also have snes9xgx on SD at apps\snes9xgx and snes9xgx official channel installed, these two can coexist right?

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nvm I got it worked. Suspect it is the forwarder issue, but I just created the forwarder myself and now it is working.

Env: 5.5.5J with Aroma installed, vWii hacked based on the newest guide.

For the record, if someone searched for the same issue in the future and reached here, try make a forwarder yourself following these steps:

1. Try making a new DOL forwarder with @XFlak's ModMii (https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...ii-for-windows-official-support-thread.207126)

2. Insert the DOL you just made into the forwarder wad from RX github: Snes9x-RX-Wii_vWiiChannel-SNRX.zip, using CustomizeMii
3. Convert the wad into vwii by using WiiForwarder2vWii 1.2. (https://gbatemp.net/download/wiifor...wii-u-forwarder-converter-beta-version.37254/)
4. Transfer the wad to your SD and install it under vWii using a wad manager like yawmME and enjoy.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was finally able to give this emu a try on my Picoboot-modded GameCube and to my delight it runs pretty well alongside its UI, similarly to Snes9xGX. Kudos

Reactions: johw

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious to know if the Snes9xRX is capable of running off of an microSD card from a SD2SP2 on a GameCube?... Each time I attempt to run the emu (via SWISS) from the SD2SP2, I get the following "Loading DVD" error while Snes9xGX does not produce the same result and it allows me to browse my rom storage location. However, I am able to run Snes9xRX successfully from a GameCube SD Card Reader (Gecko A).
Post automatically merged:

Which version did you use?
I used both Snes9xRX-5.5.0 & Snes9xGX-4.5.4.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Also isnt supposed that Snes9x RX since it uses an old version of Snes9x (v1.52+) it has less input lag than other SNES emus on Wii?

Try using a GameCube controller (if your Wii is a RVL-001 one of course) for see if your input lag still exists.
Or as @raxadian said, better try playing the official Virtual Console (VC) release of Super Mario World...

Curious to know if the Snes9xRX is capable of running off of an microSD card from a SD2SP2 on a GameCube?... Each time I attempt to run the emu (via SWISS) from the SD2SP2, I get the following "Loading DVD" error while Snes9xGX does not produce the same result and it allows me to browse my rom storage location. However, I am able to run Snes9xRX successfully from a GameCube SD Card Reader (Gecko A).
I think Snes9x RX is not compatible with SD2SP2 yet.

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: urbanman2004

johw

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I used both Snes9xRX-5.5.0 & Snes9xGX-4.5.4.
Snes9xRX-5.5.0
Are you sure this release works with the SD2SP card?

Reactions: SaulFabre

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snes9xRX-5.5.0
Are you sure this release works with the SD2SP card?
I'm positive that Snes9xRX-5.5.0 will launch from an SD2SP, but I only get the "Loading DVD" error when in use... However, other apps will work off the SD2SP. At first, what caused other apps not to work for me on the SD2SP was b/c my microSD card needed to be formatted to FAT32 first or I would get a "Loading DVD" error since ExFAT isn't supported for those apps. I have 2 modded GameCubes: One w/ a Xeno Chip that runs SWISS from a burned bootdisk w/ the latest version of SWISS, but I use a SD card memory card adapter for it and my other GC has a Picoboot that runs SWISS off of a SD2SP. Snes9xRX-5.5.0 was only working from the GC using a SD card memory card adapter, but Snes9xGX-4.5.4 runs fine on both modded GC's.

Reactions: SaulFabre and johw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto