Homebrew Snes9x RX - A new fork.

Which one is the typography you think should be the main one from now on? (Images on page 22)

• Earthworm Jim 2

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kirby Super Star

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Super Bomberman 2

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Earthworm Jim

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Last edited by niuus,

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just saw that you included 576p mode in Snes9x RX, here I am attaching the fix (this is my mistake after all). Tell me if it's fixed
Post automatically merged:

By the way, if you are interested I updated the Scale2x filter (EPX A now), and I added EPX B (Smooth) and Dot Matrix:

Dot Matrix ( looks great on an LCD TV)
J8AXs64.png

And here is the difference between EPX A and B, the B is magnificent and it is not greedy in resources:

EPX A (basically it's scale2x ^^)
GJcuAfw.png

EPX B
ieZ5hYV.png

I attach the files:

Attachments

• snes9x-rx-576p-fix.zip
    31.2 KB · Views: 35
  • new-filters.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by Tanooki16,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I just saw that you included 576p mode in Snes9x RX, here I am attaching the fix (this is my mistake after all). Tell me if it's fixed

By the way, if you are interested I updated the Scale2x filter (EPX A now), and I added EPX B (Smooth) and Dot Matrix:

J8AXs64.png

And here is the difference between EPX A and B, the B is magnificent and it is not greedy in resources:

GJcuAfw.png

EPX B
ieZ5hYV.png

I attach the files:
Ah! Magnificent. I'll add, test builds and commit these in some hours, probably prepare a release. Those filters look nice, a different touch for gamers. I'll go sleep now. Thanks for the files!

Last edited by niuus,

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

J8AXs64.png

GJcuAfw.png

EPX B
ieZ5hYV.png

I attach the files:
Just found out that Scale2x, though identical in results to EPX, was developed years apart without knowing the existence of the first one. According to this page, both work with transparency and does a good job of retaining sharpness by only using colors from the original palette. The drawbacks are that it rounds all 90 degree corners, rounds the sharp points of triangles, is inconsistent on both 1:1 and 2:1 slope edges, creates disconnected line intersections, and doesn't work well at the tips of arrows. Then I found out about MMPX, which maintains the good properties of EPX and also maintains square corners, handles 2:1 and 1:2 as well as 1:1 slopes, and has special handling of sprite silhouettes against transparency. It "reconstructs curves, diagonal lines, and sharp corners while preserving the palette, transparency, and single-pixel features. For general pixel art, it can often preserve more aspects of the original art style than previous magnification filters such as nearest-neighbor, bilinear, HQX, XBR, and EPX".

The world of pixel filters is quite interesting.

jonblaze55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me how to make my Wii u pro controller as player one so I can play with it the emulator it lets me move around the UI but no play game plz help

I'm on the Wii btw

Last edited by jonblaze55,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Can someone tell me how to make my Wii u pro controller as player one so I can play with it the emulator it lets me move around the UI but no play game plz help

I'm on the Wii btw
I'll assume that your controller is always on slot 2 the moment you turn it on (which happens every now and then) and that's why you can't control player 1.

The solution is simple: re-sync it. And of course make sure that other controllers are turned off when you want to use the WUPC first. They'll occupy the slots sequentially. Plugged GameCube controllers don't affect the slots, as they are fixed, so don't mind them. An obvious tip in case the Wiimote was mistakenly activated, is to take the batteries off before turning on the WUPC.

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, very sorry to ask, but I haven't found the answer to my question by doing a research.

Does any of you own and have tested the official Super Famicom Controller for the Wii with Snes9x Rx?

I'm very tempted for the sake of nostalgia, but if it is only compatible with virtual console (and considering I play my Snes games with this wonderful emulator), I don't wanna spend money for nothing?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide the answer.

Yours truly.

snes classic wii controller.jpg

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone, very sorry to ask, but I haven't found the answer to my question by doing a research.

Does any of you own and have tested the official Super Famicom Controller for the Wii with Snes9x Rx?

I'm very tempted for the sake of nostalgia, but if it is only compatible with virtual console (and considering I play my Snes games with this wonderful emulator), I don't wanna spend money for nothing?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide the answer.

Yours truly.

View attachment 383529
Bruh, you can use it with almost every emulator on the wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...