Homebrew Snes9x GX 4.4.0 Beta - Feedback requested

SandyFarron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm here to report an actual bug this time... There seems to be some kind of issue with the Jan 4 2020 build of Snes9x GX interfacing with the Wii Remote. I was trying to use a SNES Classic Mini controller (Which the Wii essentially considers a Classic Controller) plugged into my Wiimote to play a platformer. However, every single time the Wiimote is turned on while I'm in Snes9x GX, my Wii crashes with the following information displayed.

https://i.imgur.com/jiHdwko.png

I can play games with my GameCube controller just fine as long as I take the batteries out of my Wiimote before I enter Snes9x GX 4.4.4 (Jan 4 2020), but that controller's layout is naturally unintuitive for Super Metroid or Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels.

- I am playing Snes9x GX through the Homebrew Browser.
- I have reinstalled Snes9x GX 4.4.4 Jan 4 2020 to no effect.
- I have deleted my settings to no effect.
- I have tried starting Snes9x GX with the GameCube controller unplugged but the Wii Remote on.
- I have tried switching to the Classic Controller mid-game (Results in a crash).

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by SandyFarron,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, I'm here to report an actual bug this time... There seems to be some kind of issue with the Jan 4 2020 build of Snes9x GX interfacing with the Wii Remote. I was trying to use a SNES Classic Mini controller (Which the Wii essentially considers a Classic Controller) plugged into my Wiimote to play a platformer. However, every single time the Wiimote is turned on while I'm in Snes9x GX, my Wii crashes with the following information displayed.

I can play games with my GameCube controller just fine as long as I take the batteries out of my Wiimote before I enter Snes9x GX 4.4.4 (Jan 4 2020), but that controller's layout is naturally unintuitive for Super Metroid or Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels.

- I have tried starting Snes9x GX with the GameCube controller unplugged but the Wii Remote on.
- I have tried switching to the Classic Controller mid-game (Results in a crash).
If you'd like, you can try this emulator.

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thank you for your time.

Did you try version 4.4.5?
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases

If not you could try and see if that solves the issue.

If you have the same issue with 4.4.5 please open an issue here: https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/issues

Last edited by Bladeoner,

marsy_spaceman

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi!
Is there any possibility of implementing dualshock 4 support?
Found this post some time ago threads/snes9x-gx-4-3-2-with-libsicksaxis.339612/page-3#post-6376800
Not a programmer myself but it looks like xerpi managed to pull it off somehow

Reactions: Shem1

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: rogerioronin

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slow quarantine days, uh? :)

Something like that, I'm still busy with other things then Snes9x but yes Today I had some time :)

@niuus I was looking few days a go into the speedhack manager it's really interesting but not compatible with the core version Snes9x GX is on.

Last edited by Bladeoner,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Something like that, I'm still busy with other things then Snes9x but yes Today I had some time :)
I am on the same boat. Busy mind, balanced free time, healthy life.

@niuus I was looking few days a go into the speedhack manager it's really interesting but not compatible with the core version Snes9x GX is on.
Yeah, i remember making a comment about the speedhack manager sometime ago (on this thread or the one before, can't remember), that's one of the primary reasons i originally wanted RX to just stay on 1.52, it is the perfect way to achieve 100% full speed on FX games, and maybe others. That would benefit both the Wii and the Gamecube. Definitely useful.

Last edited by niuus,
D

Deleted User

Gizaha, coder behind Killer Instinct MSU-1 patch, updated the Street Fighter Alpha 2 MSU-1 patch.
The latest patch removes the pause issue after the announcer calls "Fight".

Info:
"It's not S-DD1 lag. It's slow audio uploading to spc700. Game has slowdowns/lag frames because the code looks written in c++ or some other high level shit. It has ton of pha pla, phx plx etc and other unefficient stuff."

Also this patch now allows the player to select Akuma from the roster (without the need for cheats).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1