Snes9x GX 4.4.0 Beta - Feedback requested

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Bladeoner, Oct 28, 2018.

1. gopnikalik

gopnikalik Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2017
    Ukraine
    Could you compile a version with a broken/disabled save state function? My son goes through some masterpieces from the past, and I want him to do this without cheats. And the save state function is actually cheats. And thanks for the great emulator.

2. Valken

Valken Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Italy
  3. Flo_o

Flo_o GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2017
    You can also use my retro themed Snes9x GX channel, it's included with my custom USB Loader GX theme

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@Bladeoner Awesome job Bladeoner! Will test it out tonight :yaywii:

One thing, i recently had a game party at a friends house and brought my wii with me. But with Killer Instinct when performing heavy combo's (like 12 hit Killer combo's) it sometimes slowed a bit down, like the frames were dropping for a second at the end of the combo. I never had these slowdowns at home. Maybe a television problem (i forgot the brand he had)?

4. Sogun

Sogun Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks for the new release.

Is there a way to disable the rom info text that appears when the game starts? It's quite distracting and it didn't show in 4.4.3

5. Bladeoner
    OP

Bladeoner GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'm not sure if that is possible and then compile the emulator without any errors.

At home you don't have these slowdowns?

It is not possible to turn off the rom text information, because then we cannot use the 'Show Framerate' and the 'Show Clock' options. And because we are little bit following Snes9x, Snes9x on the pc has the same behavior to show rom info by default.

Last edited by Bladeoner, Oct 21, 2019
    rogerioronin likes this.
  6. Flo_o

Flo_o GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2017
    No, wish i could reproduce it, maybe it was his old hd tv.

7. eipok

eipok GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2017
    Spain
  8. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2013
    I don't think it's the same, but I know my TV sometimes does a pretty strange thing where it enters some weird state of slowdown. I don't know exactly how to reproduce it, but when it happens it's rather noticeable when you spend years looking at the Wii Menu and its channels. It'ls like it is slowed down, but without really losing frames, like slowing down a video a bit.

To fix it is as simple to change the channel back and forth, and thankfully it hasn't happened for quite a while, but the first few times I thought my consoles were dying or something.

9. TheBeverage

TheBeverage Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    United States
    Does anyone know if the rom text can be removed at the loading of games? I’m not sure when that was added, but I don’t use the show FPS or show clock features and find that text popping up makes it feel less authentic, is there any way to remove it? Thanks!

EDIT: I've posted to the github page, I believe I know the line that alters this setting but have no idea how to compile my own version.

Last edited by TheBeverage, Nov 1, 2019
  10. Bladeoner
    OP

Oct 15, 2018
    Netherlands
    New version is up, which removes the rom information when booting and the Spanish text has been updaten.

Flo_o, SieKensou, hug0-a7x and 5 others like this.
  11. SieKensou

SieKensou Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    Spain
    Good to see you removed the rom information when booting games. If it is useful for someone maybe you could add it as an option. I personally don't like to see the rom information.

I noticed that the last 4.4.4 version, same as previous versions, sometimes freezes when I'm moving from folders looking for a rom to play... I'm not sure what is causing it, it looks something random. I don't know if you know what can be causing it, but I remember it happened sometimes in the fceugx NES emulator too.

Thanks for the good job with this emulator!

12. TheBeverage

TheBeverage Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    United States
    Thanks a lot! Is there any way to use this with the channel installer? EDIT: Whoops, the channel is just a forwarder... nevermind.

Last edited by TheBeverage, Nov 11, 2019
  13. Bladeoner
    OP

Oct 15, 2018
    Netherlands
    It is not removed completely, when the Show FPS is used or the Show Clock, the rom information will be shown.

Just uploaded a new version, last week I backported some changes from Snes9x which can be found here:
    https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/pull/880
    https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/pull/879

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted