Hacking Should i buy TT DS or not

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
One guy is selling DSLite + TT + 1GB, all used for really good price.. Well twice lower then price for new DSLite + 8 GB + AceKard 2i...
So i can't decide which one to buy

beamquaker

Trophies
XP
Country
if you look at the topics under this one you will find loads of posts about all the new games that dont work . if i was you i would buy the cheap one with the dstt card then think about buying a more modern card like a AceKard 2i. at least 1000s of games will work on your dstt card just not many of the new ones.@popoffka gta china towns does work and i have completed it . it is a bad card now.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
AceKard 2i is superior is to the TTDS since it has great support from the unofficial firmaware AKAIO. Almost all games work on AKAIO and it is usually the first to receive updates for newer games. The build quality of the cart is not too great but not bad either. DSTT is outdated and the firmware doesn't have any updates. Many newer games have trouble running on it.
AK2i is about $12-$16. Really cheap. Dont buy the DSTT if you want to play the recent games.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As people have said, the DSTT is no longer being supported. This means that any new games that won't work are likely to stay that way. Regardless of price you should always buy a card that still receives updates.

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Buy the used DSLite with the DSTT, then buy yourself the Acekard, it should still be cheaper than a new DSLite..... The DSTT card can be your backup card.

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As already stated, the TT is an outdated card. I would go with Acekard or flash carts that still receive updates.

Btw, make sure the shoulder buttons work well on the guy's DS if you're planning on buying it. The DS lite shoulder buttons are horrible and wear out fast.

markiej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had one, and it was so cheap I bought 2 (1 for my girlfriend). It worked great, was completely 100% reliable, and seemed compatible with every game I threw at it. Also, as new games came out, within a few weeks either DSTT or some good samaritan (Ashley?) would make a compatibility update. For $6 shipped, it seemed like the greatest purchase ever.

Then, the updates stopped, and pretty much no new games since January work on it. Good stuff like Bookworm, Sonic Racing, and now the new Pokemon games. So, I would not recommend it, no. Since for about $15 more you can get a card that plays all current games, and future ones.

JustSomeone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello.. china town wars does work.. you just have to look for the right one... i have my running and no problems
laugh.gif

the only games giving problems right now are the sonic ones and pokemon hg ss .. maybe its the end .. maybe not.. ill wait a little longer.. all my favorite games running so im happy.. but if you want acekard well i dont know about it much, ill buy one and then be happy with the NEWEST games and then cry when nintendo finally creates a super AP
hate2.gif

DonLeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
this thing is trash
i've my DSTT
and from the first time i bought it
when new games come, always need patching
ex : FFCC
i hate my DSTT
still no update from the official website

Wanderer509

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSTT is great up until the last update, or the last great game for DS imo (zelda: spirit track). i would suggest getting acekard too, since we dont know when or who will do development for it, where as acekard has the akaio.

personally i just ordered an acekard also.

Wanderer509

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
totally perfect!

honestly i think ppl are bashing the DSTT way too hard. everything has its flaws, and the DSTT did see update and support up until the last couple months. it was nice and cheap and did everything acekard could, maybe it did take longer time but it was cheaper!

GUiii11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
avoid the TTDS is the best it only survives or have a life post death like r4 because it was popular than many people stays with it
I m thinking about buy a new one but the prices really make me think twice so make a first clever choice not only works best than saves money

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1