Dangy GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    It plays GTA fine for me.

2. Chaz.

Chaz. GBAtemp Fan

Jul 7, 2009
    UK
    DSTT all the way, I find it really easy to use, great compatibility (HG works perfectly with USA JAP translation patch and GTACW works fine) and it's only let me down once with Bejewelled Twist. Other than that it's amazing. You don't need much else from cart. It has moonshell, plays homebrew and plays commercial roms. Anything else you need?

3. gameguy95

gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

Banned
    Jan 27, 2009
    United States
    Furrytown
    Get a SupercardDS2 instead. End of Discussion

4. Miser

Miser Banned

Banned
    Mar 25, 2010
    I don't get why everyone's recommending him to get an Acekard. The only thing AK2i has is AKAIO, an unofficial firmware developed by a single person who could stop development anytime. The official support for AK2i is poor. Didn't Normmatt already stop the development once when his firmware was cracked to work with clones. With the latest update he gave this nice message "STOP FUCKING WHINING ABOUT RELEASES OR YOU WON'T RECEIVE ANYMORE.". So if you want a card that with a more reliable future, look into CycloDS or Supercard. Those have more active official dev teams.

5. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    If Norrmatt ever stops he will make akAIO open source

6. Pliskron

Pliskron Banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Buy the new Supercard, it looks like it's going to kick Acekards ass.

7. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Lol here is my rating system of the carts currently out:
    R4 And DSTT=[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    M3i Zero=[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    SuperCard DS ONE=[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Acekard 2i=[​IMG][​IMG]
    CycloDS=[​IMG]

8. Miser

Miser Banned

Banned
    Mar 25, 2010
    What makes you think he would?

I'd rate SuperCard DS ONE better than M3i Zero, since it generally has faster updates. CycloDS would rate better than those two, but it doesn't work on DSi/XL and it's damn expensive.
    I'm definately going to buy the new Supercard though.

9. ScionRStC

ScionRStC Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    California
    I own a TTDS. Honestly go for a better flash cart. Im still sticking with the TT till it is completely done.

10. Jakob95

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    Bro shut up. M3i Zero is a piece of shit, it takes them 2 weeks to make a update for Pokemon, and half the games they fixed don't work. RTS works for about only 1/4 game library. AKAIO is so much better thats the reason why I use my Acekard 2i not my crappy M3i Zero that always has some kind of glitch or problems. That is why I use my Acekard because its more stable. Only thing M3 has over Acekard is Sakura, which isn't even made by them and can't display DSi Game icons. If you want a cart that has features than get the Supercard NOT the M3.

11. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    Offtopic:

sounds like jakob is not the ol jakob we know [​IMG]

12. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth

13. Jakob95

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    What do you mean?? [​IMG]

14. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    compliment my friend [​IMG]

anyway, back to topic...
    i almost bought a DSTTi...
    why? well i have a strange feeling for DSTT
    maybe it was my first kart and i had always liked them!
    guess i might be getting DSTTi in coming weeks (maybe with iplayer)

15. Porobu

Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Sep 12, 2009
    NO DSTTs

16. Omran12

Omran12 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Hi, i have too a DStt card. I buyed now a acekard2i because it comes no more updates for the dstt.
    Fuckin Support from the Website. 75% game combality. Future games .. no more chanze.
    Acekard2i infos.. can you find on the Hp. From Gbatemp.net

17. vodat303

vodat303 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    New Zealand
    Beachlands,Auckland

i have gt:cw on my dstt works fine granted it took me weeks to find a working rom

18. DreamTrooper

DreamTrooper Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2010
    Canada
    check out Priceangels, their selling AK2i for 16$ shipped, still cheap, and GREAT compatibility. i am currently awaiting my order (oredered it yesterday) and am gunna sell off my old DSTT

19. WeaponXxX

WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

Nov 4, 2004
    United States
    Currently in Chicagoooooooo
    I won a TTDS from GBAtemp a while back and since have purchased 5 more. They are cheap cards, I paid $5 dollars for my first batch and I think $7 for my batch of TTDSis. I have an 8 gig memory card loaded with tons of games on my TTDS that all work, there are so many games out I haven't gotten to that I still think the card is a great cheap card. So far the only game I wanted to play and was not able to was Sonic Collection. Is it the best card, no. Is it a great card? For the price and compatibility of 2000+ games, hell yes.

The guy is giving you a deal on a DS and a cart that works and is in your area right now, no wait on shipping, no online order. Exchange cash and start playing. I'd do it. Hell just play the TTDS till your "better card" comes and then give the TTDS to a friend as a gift. I pass out TTDS's all the time and friends love and are amazed by them!

20. computarman

computarman Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2007
    United States
    For someone buying a card I would recomment AK2i. I bought my DSTT just because the card was like $6 and I never realized support had almost stopped and I never realized I was getting a clone. I got a DSTT Advance. The card will always be good for whatever works on it. If someone wants the latest games to be compatable I think they are just gonna be frustrated by this card. The issue is no the hardware because I think all these cards are not much different hardware-wise. The DSTT would be most people s favorite if it had support. If it wasn't for AKAIO I bet people would be trash talking about the AK.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted