Should i buy TT DS or not

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by xraven13, Mar 21, 2010.

Mar 21, 2010

Should i buy TT DS or not by xraven13 at 11:04 AM (3,683 Views / 0 Likes) 39 replies

1. xraven13
    OP

Member xraven13 GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    One guy is selling DSLite + TT + 1GB, all used for really good price.. Well twice lower then price for new DSLite + 8 GB + AceKard 2i...
    So i can't decide which one to buy

2. popoffka

Member popoffka GBAtemp Fan

Latvia
    TT is really shitty, with bad compatibility. For example, GTA:CW won't work.

3. beamquaker

Member beamquaker Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    if you look at the topics under this one you will find loads of posts about all the new games that dont work . if i was you i would buy the cheap one with the dstt card then think about buying a more modern card like a AceKard 2i. at least 1000s of games will work on your dstt card just not many of the new ones.@popoffka gta china towns does work and i have completed it . it is a bad card now.

4. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    yeah the tt is shit just get a 2i price does not matter

5. Mr.Mysterio

Member Mr.Mysterio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Qatar
    AceKard 2i is superior is to the TTDS since it has great support from the unofficial firmaware AKAIO. Almost all games work on AKAIO and it is usually the first to receive updates for newer games. The build quality of the cart is not too great but not bad either. DSTT is outdated and the firmware doesn't have any updates. Many newer games have trouble running on it.
    AK2i is about $12-$16. Really cheap. Dont buy the DSTT if you want to play the recent games.

6. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    As people have said, the DSTT is no longer being supported. This means that any new games that won't work are likely to stay that way. Regardless of price you should always buy a card that still receives updates.

7. bennyroger

Member bennyroger GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    Buy the used DSLite with the DSTT, then buy yourself the Acekard, it should still be cheaper than a new DSLite..... The DSTT card can be your backup card.

8. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    go to the PKMN HG/SS thread
    you will see mainly 2 groups of people ask for fixes

1 = DSTT
    2 = r4

---

i would recommend you to get ak2, m3, scds
    and my preference is ak2

9. Ice Cold

Member Ice Cold GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    As already stated, the TT is an outdated card. I would go with Acekard or flash carts that still receive updates.

Btw, make sure the shoulder buttons work well on the guy's DS if you're planning on buying it. The DS lite shoulder buttons are horrible and wear out fast.

10. daredevkev

Newcomer daredevkev Member

United States
    honestly ttdsi is great and all, but i'd get an acekard, just cause they get constant support.

11. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I'd have to agree with that.

12. markiej

Newcomer markiej Newbie

United States
    I had one, and it was so cheap I bought 2 (1 for my girlfriend). It worked great, was completely 100% reliable, and seemed compatible with every game I threw at it. Also, as new games came out, within a few weeks either DSTT or some good samaritan (Ashley?) would make a compatibility update. For $6 shipped, it seemed like the greatest purchase ever.

Then, the updates stopped, and pretty much no new games since January work on it. Good stuff like Bookworm, Sonic Racing, and now the new Pokemon games. So, I would not recommend it, no. Since for about $15 more you can get a card that plays all current games, and future ones.

13. riku88

Newcomer riku88 Advanced Member

Mexico
    hello.. china town wars does work.. you just have to look for the right one... i have my running and no problems [​IMG]
    the only games giving problems right now are the sonic ones and pokemon hg ss .. maybe its the end .. maybe not.. ill wait a little longer.. all my favorite games running so im happy.. but if you want acekard well i dont know about it much, ill buy one and then be happy with the NEWEST games and then cry when nintendo finally creates a super AP [​IMG]

14. OnslaughtDR2K

Newcomer OnslaughtDR2K Member

United States
    Honestly, it looks like support for this thing is dying. I'd get another card.

15. Sarvesh50

Member Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    ttds is shit i have on its crap

16. DonLeon

Newcomer DonLeon Advanced Member

Indonesia
    this thing is trash
    i've my DSTT
    and from the first time i bought it
    when new games come, always need patching
    ex : FFCC
    i hate my DSTT
    still no update from the official website

17. Wanderer509

Newcomer Wanderer509 Member

Canada
    DSTT is great up until the last update, or the last great game for DS imo (zelda: spirit track). i would suggest getting acekard too, since we dont know when or who will do development for it, where as acekard has the akaio.

personally i just ordered an acekard also.

18. Monty Kensicle

Member Monty Kensicle Yay!

United States
    He was a wonderful man...

Until he was fired and replaced by a cheap temp worker; his family abandoned him.

Then his Girlfriend Ashley broke up with him! Because his estranged family was mooching off of her.

All he's ever wanted was love, but all he knows is heartbreak!

*Sighs*

19. Wanderer509

Newcomer Wanderer509 Member

Canada
    totally perfect!

honestly i think ppl are bashing the DSTT way too hard. everything has its flaws, and the DSTT did see update and support up until the last couple months. it was nice and cheap and did everything acekard could, maybe it did take longer time but it was cheaper!

20. GUiii11

Newcomer GUiii11 Member

Germany
    avoid the TTDS is the best it only survives or have a life post death like r4 because it was popular than many people stays with it
    I m thinking about buy a new one but the prices really make me think twice so make a first clever choice not only works best than saves money