OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
非常令人失望的是,他们的现代 DS 卡没有 RTS,而他们十多年前的 EZ Flash Vi 却有。

中国需要有人抓紧时间,开始生产具有完全 3DS 版本兼容性的 DSOnei 克隆。
The official spokesperson of the EZ Flash Chinese community said in the community that it would sell more than 5,000 DS burn-in cards before considering a subsequent kernel update to add RTS, and I personally don't think it's fair to say that this kind of pre-conditional update is a good idea.

Reactions: AyoMayo

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Read speeds are only about half as fast as other ds flashcards
Pretty poor, do you think it can be fixed in fw updates? I didn't see this mentioned in any of the reviews. My fault for assuming that this wouldn't be worse than 15 year old flashcarts lol. Back to using my R4i 3DS Gold, because this Parallel sucks right now.
Post automatically merged:

The official spokesperson of the EZ Flash Chinese community said in the community that it would sell more than 5,000 DS burn-in cards before considering a subsequent kernel update to add RTS, and I personally don't think it's fair to say that this kind of pre-conditional update is a good idea.
I'd be happy to see them focus on getting games running properly first :)

Last edited by chr0m,

AyoMayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that sort of pre-condition is not good for their reputation. All this card has going for it right now is that it is probably the most aesthetically pleasing DS card. For any sort of actual game-playing there are better options at much cheaper prices.

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pretty poor, do you think it can be fixed in fw updates? I didn't see this mentioned in any of the reviews.
You talking the 2 YouTube Reviews? That feel like a Add more then anything?

Of course there wasn't much mentioned and most stuff wasn't tested properly, how else would people buy it? "It has no time Bomb" and "it's from EZ Flash" are two selling points for many people, considering it to be "Higher Quality Overall" when in reality it's just a insanely expensive Ace3DSPlus currently, with worse performance, but probably better AP support later (or already? With FW 1.04).

Reactions: anotherthing

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You talking the 2 YouTube Reviews? That feel like a Add more then anything?

Of course there wasn't much mentioned and most stuff wasn't tested properly, how else would people buy it? "It has no time Bomb" and "it's from EZ Flash" are two selling points for many people, considering it to be "Higher Quality Overall" when in reality it's just a insanely expensive Ace3DSPlus currently, with worse performance, but probably better AP support later (or already? With FW 1.04).
Yeah, they certainly didn't test it properly lol
I didn't need it, I was just curious. It's back in the box now, I'll check it out again when they next fw comes, if it comes. It's worse than my DSTwo, R4i Gold 3DS and even worse than my Acekard 2i lol All of those play Dawn of Sorrow FMV perfectly.

I'm getting stutter in Meteos when cycle through the menu screens as well, I remember that happening on really old carts as well. I guess this is good if you're nostalgic and want to experience what bad flash carts from 15+ years ago were like :D

Reactions: anotherthing

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, they certainly didn't test it properly lol
I didn't need it, I was just curious. It's back in the box now, I'll check it out again when they next fw comes, if it comes. It's worse than my DSTwo, R4i Gold 3DS and even worse than my Acekard 2i lol All of those play Dawn of Sorrow FMV perfectly.

I'm getting stutter in Meteos when cycle through the menu screens as well, I remember that happening on really old carts as well. I guess this is good if you're nostalgic and want to experience what bad flash carts from 15+ years ago were like :D
Luckily, I never experienced too much issues, even back in the day.

Had a M3 Real with GBA Slot first, later on switched over to a DSTwo, maybe I never played games on the M3 that made issues, or already switched over at that time to a DSTwo, so never encountered them anyways.

Sad that those big YouTubers didn't make real showcases of the EZ Flash and basically just a Promotion Video so people buy it (and it kinda works if you check out reddit or YouTube), for a inferior but overpriced product.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad that those big YouTubers didn't make real showcases of the EZ Flash and basically just a Promotion Video so people buy it (and it kinda works if you check out reddit or YouTube), for a inferior but overpriced product.
I haven't seen too many YouTube videos that hyped the card. The first review I saw about it was fairly lackluster, saying it doesn't bring much new to the table. I also saw videos that mentioned that it was using older software kernals that EZ Team was forking from and developing on their own. I bought one, though.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comparing a newly released flashcart to a fully developed / EOL flashcart, much?
Given that this is not EZ Flash first slot-1 cart and it is based off the Wood kernel, you would think they would release a product at least on par with cheaper carts. Outside of ntrboot built in (which I have not even tested), this cart is unlikely to surpass the cheaper options. For this reason, I would be surprised to see the EZ Flash team provide much meaningful support outside of game fixes (which other carts already enjoy better compatibility). I bought on hype for which now I have none. Harsh I know but unfortunately that is the reality.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It runs WOODR4 without a time bomb, and shows what chips it's using, that's already huge and not 'barebones'. I think you're expecting too much, like a DSTWO clone or something.

I wonder what the pins on the front side are for. Possibly firmware updates by flipping it around and loading from slot 2?
What did DSTWO clone do?
The only good part about this is that it’s not another Brickwait/Starwait clone. It’s nice seeing carts not trying to compete with the vastly superior open source projects
When you say open source projects are you referring to the free solutions like twilight menu or is there an open source cart out there that you are all using?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When you say open source projects are you referring to the free solutions like twilight menu or is there an open source cart out there that you are all using?
I was referring to Luma3DS. My comment was that I was happy that this cart wasn’t a clone of the Gateway3DS. It’s just an R4 clone.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Comparing a newly released flashcart to a fully developed / EOL flashcart, much?
The problem is, that the groundwork is bad. The card is too slow and that can't be fixed with a Kernel update. It might be fixable with a firmware/FPGA update, but we don't even know if that's possible with this card.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is based off the Wood kernel
It's based off a much older Wood kernel, 1.25 I think, and the latest Wood kernel is 1.62?
The card is too slow and that can't be fixed with a Kernel update. It might be fixable with a firmware/FPGA update, but we don't even know if that's possible with this card.
The FPGA is a GW1N-LV9, which is a very reasonable FPGA and fairly modern as well. 2019, I believe.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's based off a much older Wood kernel, 1.25 I think, and the latest Wood kernel is 1.62?

The FPGA is a GW1N-LV9, which is a very reasonable FPGA and fairly modern as well. 2019, I believe.
Yeah it is based off the 1.25 Wood kernel which was the last open source release. Not sure what additional functionality was added from 1.25 to 1.62 aside from game fixes in the official kernel.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched for the specific GOWIN programmer used to flash the FPGA on AliExpress and its quite expensive compared to low-cost Lattice and Xilinx programmers.

Drwho0894

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stuff is fixable via updates but given they still can't fix AP patches properly I don't have hope. I bought one myself because Im worried about my DSTWO eventually dying. (It's still working fine but heard people having theirs die on them.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto