EZ-Flash's new Nintendo DS flashcard Product Images with Information

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
they have released ver 1.03, which adds a lot more AP fixes.

anyone know how it's ntr-boot support works? is it like the stargate where it just works if the magnet is there?
Yes. Just insert the EZ Flash, have the files needed on the console SD, Place Magnet, Start by holding button, done.

Doesn't require any SD card in the EZ Flash (like with some other NTR Boot Cards), no Switch to flip, etc.

Reactions: anotherthing

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Got mine in today,it has been a treat to use and a throwback for sure. It is nice to know I am not gambling on a timebomb.
Tested working on all DS, DSi, and 3DS versions unhacked, plus hacked.
Do you experience any slowdowns with the cart? With the latest kernel, I've experienced some slowdowns (Metroid Pinball menu and PoR opening cutscene). I've tried a few microSDs, but they don't seem to make any difference.

WBW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My biggest wonder that no videos have shown (yet) are if they have a loading screen after picking out a game (and whether one could get rid of it).

My other flash carts didn't like to last very long so the build quality is an interesting selling point!

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's the ace3ds+ and it's clones that simply do not operate at all without a sdcard inside. ANY sdcard counts for ntrboot.

there are a lot of clones.

notably, while the actual ace3ds+ CAN be ntrboot flashed 100%, most of the clones cannot.

Reactions: anotherthing

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if this had real time saves i would buy it, without it its inferior to the carts i already have.

If they were to release the source code im sure the community can look into improving it.

Ducolamia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the general consensus that this is a good starter DS Flashcart? From what I've seen in this thread, it seems to be going for potentially better build quality and no timebomb issues. I'm new to the world of flashcarts so correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing this seems to be lacking is more support compared to R4 flashcarts.

I can see the appeal if you want something a bit different.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the general consensus that this is a good starter DS Flashcart?
Maybe. The software the card uses is still fairly early and apparently based on an older version of Wood. So, you'll probably be expected to keep updating this card and there might be some glitches in the mean time.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game loading seems to be on par with other cards in terms of compatibility. R/W speeds are slow and the card is sluggish as a result. Here is hoping that this can be greatly improved over time. If they release the source code I am sure talented scene developers could improve the kernel far quicker.

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So is the general consensus that this is a good starter DS Flashcart? From what I've seen in this thread, it seems to be going for potentially better build quality and no timebomb issues. I'm new to the world of flashcarts so correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing this seems to be lacking is more support compared to R4 flashcarts.

For the price and the current compatibility / feature set? Not even close.

It works as good for games as a Ace3DSPlus Clone (5Bucks at most) with worse side effects, until fixed by firmware updates (closing doesn't go sleep, soft reset into white screen, etc).

Loading Games .. feels slower too after selecting the game of choice and so on. This thing definitely needs still a lot of updates / improvement before you could recommend it, considering it costs 5-7 times the price of a old R4 variant.

Game loading seems to be on par with other cards in terms of compatibility. R/W speeds are slow and the card is sluggish as a result. Here is hoping that this can be greatly improved over time. If they release the source code I am sure talented scene developers could improve the kernel far quicker.
Could it be, since they took the old 1.25 wood Kernel that was open source as their base and worked on that, that of they release the source code, people could get the EZ Kernel (or the later features, AP patches etc) running on other cards using that Wood Kernel? Namely Ace3DSPlus? So they keep it closed?

A-Hacked-Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you experience any slowdowns with the cart? With the latest kernel, I've experienced some slowdowns (Metroid Pinball menu and PoR opening cutscene). I've tried a few microSDs, but they don't seem to make any difference.
Let me update the kernal and try it myself.

A-Hacked-Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's good for people with 0 experience or 0 time to figure things out. For those of us that have the tech know how or time we can get by cheaper. I like the cart cause I started with EZ-iV and snowballed into everything else from there, but that cart made it easy for someone extremely young to figure out.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just got one, tried Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and the intro FMV is a stutter fest :(

I remember that game used to cause issues for earlier flash carts, so I thought I'd try it out.

It works perfectly on my old R4i Gold 3DS using the same microSD card.

It works fine on my DSTwo as well.

Pretty disappointing that a new card is more expensive and worse than one I bought many years ago. I thought the bare minimum would be games would work properly lol, otherwise what is the point?

Portrait of Ruin seemed ok though, which is odd.

Wondering if I need to reformat with a different cluster size. It works fine on the my DSTwo and R4i Gold 3DS with the same microSD though.

Edit: formatted to 32KB cluster size as mentioned in the manual, the music is less stutter, but still bad, and the video is a literal slideshow, like 1 FPS lol

Last edited by chr0m,

AyoMayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huge disappointment that their modern DS card doesn't have RTS while their over a decade old EZ Flash Vi did.

Someone in China needs to hurry up and start churning out DSOnei clones with full 3DS version compatibility.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just got one, tried Castlevania Dawn of Sorry and the intro FMV is a stutter fest :(

I remember that game used to cause issues for earlier flash carts, so I thought I'd try it out.

It works perfectly on my old R4i Gold 3DS using the same microSD card.

It works fine on my DSTwo as well.

Pretty disappointing that a new card is more expensive and worse than one I bought many years ago. I thought the bare minimum would be games would work properly lol, otherwise what is the point?

Portrait of Ruin seemed ok though, which is odd.

Wondering if I need to reformat with a different cluster size. It works fine on the my DSTwo and R4i Gold 3DS with the same microSD though
Read speeds are only about half as fast as other ds flashcards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto