Homebrew Share and Download custom Wii U Themes

Manuel06p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
sorry for the question, but would it be possible to get the black theme on quick launch too?
Since I switched to Tiramisu (I used CBHC before) I thought it would be nice to see that menu with the black theme.
Thanks in advance and sorry for the English.

CESARE09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah, it's in one of the pages.
Hello friend, I need your help, recently my cousin and I started to edit themes on Wii U, but he made a mistake, he deleted the men pack folder that is in the location of the themes, I read that you have a complete backup of the mlc files of the Wii U, could you pass me that folder? I would be really grateful to you.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: CESARE09

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends on which region you're in, the location is mlc:sys/title/00050010/10040100 (this differs based on region)/content/Common/Package/

CESARE09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
it depends on which region you're in, the location is mlc:sys/title/00050010/10040100 (this differs based on region)/content/Common/Package
My console is North American, yours too? if so, inside the last "packages" folder, is there no other folder inside? or just the 4 files you sent me?

CESARE09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
yes, that's the location I'm using. there is no further folders after Package
I think I screwed up the console, a few days ago I installed Tiramisu (I had cbhc), the thing is that I changed the theme of the console (I have done it many times) but apparently the file was injected wrong, which left me with the loop in the Wii U menu, something that fixed without problems with CBHC, starting in the HBL and then using ftp to fix this, and now with Tiramisú I try to boot the HBL and it won't let me, it gets stuck, I can even open Vwii, but not the HBL, with CBHC if it allowed me, since this had happened to me before, now I can't open the ftp server and change the files.
If anyone has a solution or can tell Maschell that would be great. Because with CBHC the risk of this type of changes was minimal

Yodakiller3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9/10 UPDATES: Wii U Blue Theme added! Nintendo Red Theme Added! All dark themes updated with USB and Swap Display icons that fit the themes better! Check them all out below!!

9/7/21 UPDATE: Watermelon Theme has now been added, check it out below!

User @Fangal_Airbag has made 2 themes of their own, a dark theme more in line with the old dark mod plugin, and one based on Pretendo's color scheme (This is the most intricate theme yet, with color changes to the switch account menu and some font color changes). These can be found on Page 9 HERE

9/2/21 UPDATES: Pink and Black and Photo Negative Themes have now been added, check them out below!

8/16 - 8/25/21 UPDATES:
Dark theme - Orange has now been added, check it out below!
Dark theme - White has now been added, check it out below!
Dark theme - Yellow has now been added, check it out below!

Dark theme - Pink has now been added, check it out below!

Dark theme - Lime Green has now been added, check it out below!
Fourth theme created - Dark Theme Red, scroll to the bottom of this post to check out and download
Second and Third themes created - Dark Theme Purple and Dark Theme Light Blue, scroll to bottom of this post to check them out and download

ORIGINAL POST:

So this can be a thing now, how exciting is that? Thanks to @CafeCentralUI and his thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/released-rosalina-theme-installer-for-wii-u.588203/ the information is now out there on what files need to be altered to create our own themes on the Wii U. While his thread isn't so much a tutorial as it is a guiding hand on where to look to create themes, there was enough info there for me to make a pretty cool theme for my Wii U, not only do I want to show it off, but I wanna share it so that you can download and use it too, and hopefully in time more and more themes can be added and shared in this thread, for example I may do a proper dark theme next if someone else doesn't do it themselves. I recognize that without a proper guide telling you which parts you want to edit and in what way to alter whatever parts of the Wii U menu, there probably wont be a lot of people trying this yet, but if I see enough demand, I could be the one to make a proper tutorial on what info is where (it's all scattered in so many places, that going back to recall what is where sounds like a nightmare).

Regardless, here's my first theme, I call it Vaporwave Summer:

View attachment 291962
(if you're curious about repopulating the Wara Wara Plaza, find my thread on how to do so)
View attachment 291963
Another look at the bottom to show the minor changes I made to the folder creation tiles:
View attachment 291964

Now, before I provide the download link I just want to say, that for now, you should probably only use this in SDCafiine, taking the included Men.pack and Men2.pack files and putting them in the following location:

US: sdcafiine/0005001010040100/content/Common/Package/
EU: sdcafiine/0005001010040200/content/Common/Package/
JPN: sdcafiine/0005001010040000/content/Common/Package/

Theoretically this should be able to be implemented via FTPiiU as a permanent theme, and I've had no issue overwriting the Wara Wara Plaza on a permanent level before. But I tried this and it yielded issues, issues that scared me for a moment that I may have had a brick (thankfully it wasn't and I was able to recover, but not without a few minutes of fearing I had lost everything), it could just be my FTP client on the computer, but whatever it is, I feel lucky that I was able to get back to the standard menu theme without issue. Perhaps I'll try again later, since I was able to recover I think I know what it would take to properly overwrite without failure, but I'm incredibly hesitant to do so. Point is, seriously beware if you're gonna try and make a theme permanent, SDCafiine meanwhile is risk free and works like a charm.

GOING PERMANENT EDIT: You can go permanent, but I had to kinda cheese the ftp client by hitting overwrite like 3 times before hitting skip when transferring the file for each file to properly transfer. Go permanent at your own risk, you can read in detail what I went through to make it happen. Others had no issue though so it may just be the ftp client on my PC that was the issue. I don't know. Regardless, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOU DON'T HAVE CBHC INSTALLED, YOU CAN EASILY BRICK DOING THIS, BUT CBHC CAN SAVE YOU FROM THIS KIND OF BRICK (it saved me)

Download the Vaporwave Summer Theme HERE

Dark Theme - Purple
apRyO5V.png

nIijGvs.png

Download Dark Theme - Purple HERE

Dark Theme - Light Blue
cmp08WM.png

J9dn2tT.png

Download Dark Theme - Light Blue HERE

Dark Theme - Red
XsNnqzW.png

4zPzjHn.png

Download Dark Theme - Red HERE

Dark Theme - Lime Green
UmXrc2z.png
PdvGZyT.png

Download Dark Theme - Lime Green HERE

Dark Theme - Pink
Z84B922.png

iuN71kK.png

Download Dark Theme - Pink HERE

Dark Theme - Yellow
9oMBPKz.png

TiN8Xct.png

Download Dark Theme - Yellow HERE

Dark Theme - White
A8wxPri.png

1uJDV06.png

Download Dark Theme - White HERE

Dark Theme - Orange
VxQwd7W.png

z7ruLUM.png

Download Dark Theme - Orange HERE

Photo Negative Theme
wYOw95x.png

8vQrHpe.png

Download the Photo Negative Theme HERE

Pink and Black Theme
hYYDjd8.png

6A0R1iJ.png

Download the Pink and Black Theme HERE

Watermelon Theme
TTyG6KI.png

XPlEgBT.png

Download the Watermelon Theme HERE

Wii U Blue Theme
JO5hwC4.png

if8ioY9.png

Download the Wii U Blue Theme HERE

Nintendo Red Theme
A5Jow7P.png

4p2qPmF.png

Download the Nintendo Red Theme HERE

HOW CAN I MAKE ONE?!
I have a rough spreadsheet I've been working from that makes it clear to me what I need to do, though it's not the most thoroughly explained at this point.

I'll share it here: Men.pack and Men2.pack feature locations

And if anyone wants to take a stab at their own theme with that info, have at it. I do intend to make it a bit more clear in the future, but it should be enough info for anyone to figure out what I was doing.
Hi, I'm fairly new to this. What program are you opening the .pack files in? Any help would be appreciated. I'm planning on making a video tutorial for those who need it.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I made a dark theme based on the Wii U Plugin System's dark mode but the wara wara doesn't have that annoying look and some other buttons are also actually dark this time instead of just being the default colours.

Super_Smash_Bros_4_Screen_Shot_2021-08-29_2.21_PM.png

Super_Smash_Bros_4_Screen_Shot_2021-08-29_2.21_PM_2.png
Thank you so much for this one!

Also, anyone know if Tiramisu would protect against a brick? I want to install a theme permanently but I'm scared and just migrated from CBHC to Tiramisu.

Th3L3g3nd1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how I didn't think to do this sooner, but your home menu works exactly the same way with SDCafiine as any other title launched with it enabled. Meaning, if you make separate folders for each theme, you essentially can give yourself a theme selection menu when you launch SDCafiine, couple that with quick launching SDCafiine at boot (either through CBHC holding a button to load the app or now in Tiramisu, if you create a channel for SDCafiine and then use it enough to appear in the working again autoboot screen on the GamePad on launch) and you can kinda get yourself a way to choose your theme whenever you boot if you desire.

View attachment 292058View attachment 292059

Only drawback (if you can even call it that) is that any time you enter a game and then exit to the Wii U menu, this screen will pop up again, so you can change your theme numerous times in a single play session so long as you're in the SDCafiine environment with multiple 'modpacks' to choose from.

I imagine I'm not the first to start doing this with multiple themes, but I wanted to share the idea regardless, as it genuinely never passed my mind as a possibility despite having multiple SDcafiine modpacks for other titles.

What I'd really love to do is collect a whole bunch of different custom Wara Wara Plazas and each one in different theme modpacks to really give each theme more of it's own unique identity.
Hey! Amazing work on the themes and customizations! I want to do this but I don't know how to name or organize the folders as they have the same names and they keep merging with themselves. Can you help me with this? Thank you!

Th3L3g3nd1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this one!

Also, anyone know if Tiramisu would protect against a brick? I want to install a theme permanently but I'm scared and just migrated from CBHC to Tiramisu.
Tiramisu doesnt protect against system files customizations/deletion which will brick the Wii U. I had this on even with Tiramisu for some days but I replaced the files back with the original backups I had because Tiramisu is a new environment that we don't know that much about so I put it onto SDCafiine for safety concerns. But it does work but you just don't know if out of nowhere it wont because they are customized mem files. So use at your own risk.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Amazing work on the themes and customizations! I want to do this but I don't know how to name or organize the folders as they have the same names and they keep merging with themselves. Can you help me with this? Thank you!
For each modpack/theme you want to load separately with SDCafiine, inside of the title ID folder (the 000500etc. folder), place a folder named for each theme you want, so for example Dark Theme Blue, and inside of the Dark Theme Blue folder, you then put that theme's content folder.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tiramisu doesnt protect against system files customizations/deletion which will brick the Wii U. I had this on even with Tiramisu for some days but I replaced the files back with the original backups I had because Tiramisu is a new environment that we don't know that much about so I put it onto SDCafiine for safety concerns. But it does work but you just don't know if out of nowhere it wont because they are customized mem files. So use at your own risk.
I really wouldn't be concerned about these themes in the new environment, they work just fine there, and there is literally no reason any update to the environments should affect them, but if it helps you sleep at night, I get it. I'm staying permanent, but also using SDCafiine for other themes.

Reactions: Kupie

Th3L3g3nd1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For each modpack/theme you want to load separately with SDCafiine, inside of the title ID folder (the 000500etc. folder), place a folder named for each theme you want, so for example Dark Theme Blue, and inside of the Dark Theme Blue folder, you then put that theme's content folder.
So it'll be /SDcafiine/00500.../(name of theme)/etc? So having multiple folders of the theme each within that 00500... folder? Would this work if I don't want it to autoboot, just manually launching SDcaffine?

Th3L3g3nd1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wouldn't be concerned about these themes in the new environment, they work just fine there, and there is literally no reason any update to the environments should affect them, but if it helps you sleep at night, I get it. I'm staying permanent, but also using SDCafiine for other themes.
You're right but I saw that theme list and I prefer that instead more than safety but yea nothing really will occur lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: