Homebrew Share and Download custom Wii U Themes

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a few account file thingys and also I believe i found the home button menu but i tried changing a few icons and they didn't work with sdcafiine.

The one thing I cannot figure out for the life of me is how to change the colour of the backgrounds. It was the same with Mk8 and the menu background..... I cannot see what needs to be changed and how if it's not stored within a bflim! Any advice is severely appreciated!
So the background color is the part of the spreadsheet I labeled as 'sky background'. It's location is in Men2.pack under Common/Model/LoungeVR.szs Open that tree and enter gsys.bfres/textures, and then edit the bg02 file.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MikaDubbz , a couple days ago, I redownloaded your themes from the op, and I replaced them on my hdds. they should be up to date now. I also installed the new version of your light blue theme on my system. this is a new pc, so I hadn't tried filezilla yet. with @Laf111 's ftp server, it uploaded both files at the same time perfectly, but I reduced simultaneous transfers to 1 file at a time afterwards. it's safer that way. anyway, I noticed one of the menu packs for light blue was about 8KBs larger, so I figured you had made some changes. what exactly did you change? I haven't noticed anything different, but I haven't really poked around. :)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MikaDubbz , a couple days ago, I redownloaded your themes from the op, and I replaced them on my hdds. they should be up to date now. I also installed the new version of your light blue theme on my system. this is a new pc, so I hadn't tried filezilla yet. with @Laf111 's ftp server, it uploaded both files at the same time perfectly, but I reduced simultaneous transfers to 1 file at a time afterwards. it's safer that way. anyway, I noticed one of the menu packs for light blue was about 8KBs larger, so I figured you had made some changes. what exactly did you change? I haven't noticed anything different, but I haven't really poked around. :)
The only difference from the first version is that the USB icon is blue and black instead of blue and white, and the swap display icon is blue and black themed instead of the old grey image it had been. Other than that, there are no other changes.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, looks better (compared with the top post of page 5):

20210917_130840.jpg

Reactions: Powerful

Marcus777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, Nice work with those themes they look amazing and thanks for the effort!
And i would like to know which tool did you used for editing the files? Thanks

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Nice work with those themes they look amazing and thanks for the effort!
And i would like to know which tool did you used for editing the files? Thanks
Switch Toolbox is the main program to explore and change files within the .pack files, photoshop is a tool I use in the process as well.

AMIdDST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thank you for your work with themes, layouts and icon files, everyone! This forum has been incredibly helpful creating the UI of my dreams!

Attachments

• DSC_0438.JPG
    DSC_0438.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0441.JPG
    DSC_0441.JPG
    421.9 KB · Views: 17

major_mew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having this issue where when swapping themes the "Swap Screens" button doesn't change colors? I've attempted to install multiple themes and everything changes except that button. Its currently stuck to the same color as my first installed dark blue theme

xoINARIox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone else having this issue where when swapping themes the "Swap Screens" button doesn't change colors? I've attempted to install multiple themes and everything changes except that button. Its currently stuck to the same color as my first installed dark blue theme
If I remember correctly, the button only changed when I restarted the console

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sdcafiine displays correctly, but the stock menu still has the blue button on reboot
K, this is the Wii U being the Wii U then. I do not understand it for the life of me, but sometimes when you make changes via FTPiiU, they do not stick, despite sometimes the changes even showing up initially on the Wii U menu. My advice is to simply try again, and as soon as you finish the transfer, do not return to the Wii U menu, but instead turn off the Wii U and turn it back on. Don't know why, but I've had similar changes not stick, but every time I do it where I turn off the Wii U immediately after and then turn it back on, that method always sticks.

major_mew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K, this is the Wii U being the Wii U then. I do not understand it for the life of me, but sometimes when you make changes via FTPiiU, they do not stick, despite sometimes the changes even showing up initially on the Wii U menu. My advice is to simply try again, and as soon as you finish the transfer, do not return to the Wii U menu, but instead turn off the Wii U and turn it back on. Don't know why, but I've had similar changes not stick, but every time I do it where I turn off the Wii U immediately after and then turn it back on, that method always sticks.
Ok so as I was posting what I said before, I unplugged my HDD from the back of the console and for some reason that fixed it? I don't know how the two correlated but I guess it had something to do with my HDD

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so as I was posting what I said before, I unplugged my HDD from the back of the console and for some reason that fixed it? I don't know how the two correlated but I guess it had something to do with my HDD
Well whatever works I guess? Glad you got it functioning properly though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Lol AHS is getting funny two dudes and two girls get pregnant
    Gift
  • Toastee_ @ Toastee_:
    Whats AHS?
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    What are you supposed to do when you have a thousand dollar piece of hardware that won't work because the API the manufacturer provided doesn't want to work?
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Ebay
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Oh great.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It's a Linux bug.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Well a bug with their Linux drivers or something.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It captures 2x the amount of packets on Windows 10 in a freaking VM where USB access is slower/more latent.
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what is this piece of hardware @gudenau
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Beagle 480
    Gift
  • T-hug @ T-hug:
    Dune 2021 1080p HDRip X264 AC3-EVO
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Dune? Reminds me of seeing my ex naked
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Oh yeah Dune movie is out, watching it later
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Here is hoping 2022 is a good year for DC cinematic universe
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Honestly don't really know what Dune is.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Anyone here know much about Jetbrains InteliJ Idea?
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Oh, T-hug was here :blink:
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Hey, where the admins at? Come in the chat. I got a idea. How bout a Sound notification or something when someone tags you in chat? :ninja:
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Post it in the v8 feedback thread
    Gift
  • Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Post what sorry? I'm guessing we were talking about this ages ago, but I haven't been on GBATemp in almost a year so my memory is failing me :-/
    Gift
    feedback and or bugs that may have popped up since the migration to XenForo 2!
    Gift
    Umm...I think you might have the wrong person, since that may as well have been written in Chinese. I have nothing to do with the management of this site, nor have I ever been involved. I'm just a member, and hardly even qualify as that...like I said my last post was almost a year ago lol
    Gift
    Lol no, Sonic Angel Knight had an idea, best would be to post it in that thread haha
    Gift
    Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...
    Gift
    OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983: Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...