1. CafeCentralUI

OP CafeCentralUI Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    The first theme installer for your Wii U: Rosalina Theme Installer 1.0!

WARNING: THIS APPLICATION IS NOT FOR ANY USER, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE IN THE WII U, IT IS BETTER NOT TO USE THIS TOOL AS IT COULD DAMAGE YOUR CONSOLE.

This is a modification of the Indexiine Installer that allows you to replace the texture file "Men2.pack" from the system menu to apply themes to the system menu. It is not necessary to run CFW. Rosalina Installer will do an IOSU Exploit when there is no CFW.

Usage:
    Extract the original file (Men2.pack) from your wii u located at:
    - If your console is American, "Men2.pack" is located at: "mlc/sys/title/00050010/10040100/content/Common/Package/Men2.pack"
    - If your console is European "Men 2.pack" is located at: "mlc/sys/title/00050030/10040200/content/Common/Package/Men2.pack"
    - If your console is Japanese "Men 2.pack" is located in: "mlc/sys/title/00050030/10040000/content/Common/Package/Men2.pack"

• Then modify the file to your liking with SwitchToolbox.
    • Extract the .zip from the releases page to your sd card.
    • Copy your theme (Men 2.pack) to the "rosalina" folder located at the root of the SD card.
    • Run Rosalina Installer.
    • Press A to install the theme or B to uninstall it.
    A backup of the original file will be saved in: "sd/rosalina/backup"

Really great things can be achieved by modifying the menu but remember that if you modify something you shouldn't or your theme file is corrupt, your console will have a brick, it is recommended to test the theme in Rednand before installing it on the Sysnand.

Credits:
    GaryOderNichts - Indexiine Installer
    FIX94 - IOSU Exploit and wupserver copied from wuphax
    dimok789 - libiosuhax

Disclaimer:
    • Modifying the system menu is dangerous, I recommend you try your theme on Rednand. If everything works fine, you can install it on your Sysnand.
    • I am not responsible for any brick or damage that may be caused to your console.
    • I am not responsible for any misuse that may be given to this application.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by CafeCentralUI, May 12, 2021
    puss2puss, piete, phacox_cll and 8 others like this.
  2. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Wow, this is so cool, I always imagined what it would be like if it were possible to put themes on the Wii U, I loved it, it's really cool to see people still developing new things for the console.

CafeCentralUI likes this.
  3. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Not for anything but, I wouldn't recommend using this since its modifying a file directly in the NAND and that file is part of the System Menu... anything goes wrong and your Wii U is gone.

I'd advise the creators to move this to be used as a PLUGIN or SDCafiine, that way is safer. Aroma is "around the corner" and this would make more sense as a plugin or sdcafiine program.

Thank you for the efforts tho! :D

4. saulsho29

saulsho29 Newbie
    Newcomer

Ecuador
    Guys!!! we found a problem in this version of rosalina that makes it only work on wii u usa
    I tomorrow the homebrew will be recompiled to solve the error

Last edited by saulsho29, May 9, 2021
    CafeCentralUI likes this.
  5. Magnus87

Magnus87 GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    Now I want a Wii Theme for Wii U :P

piete, CafeCentralUI and XDeltaone like this.
  6. GaryOderNichts

GaryOderNichts GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I'd rather just use SDCafiine to replace system menu content.
    If there is anything wrong with the .pack file you're bricked.

7. puss2puss

puss2puss .. well ..

Canada
    Very good work, keep it up :moogle:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASED], Installer, Rosalina