Homebrew Homebrew app [RELEASED] Rosalina Theme Installer for Wii U

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for anything but, I wouldn't recommend using this since its modifying a file directly in the NAND and that file is part of the System Menu... anything goes wrong and your Wii U is gone.

I'd advise the creators to move this to be used as a PLUGIN or SDCafiine, that way is safer. Aroma is "around the corner" and this would make more sense as a plugin or sdcafiine program.

Thank you for the efforts tho! :D

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa! How did I miss this thread? You mention indexiine, but I imagine this can be accomplished on CBHC via FTPiiU as well. Though I too am gonna test via SDCafiine before thinking about the permanent change. But I imagine this should be similar in how the wara wara plaza changes I showcased can be made.

Could you say what files you altered within the .pack file to change the background colors?
EDIT: Nevermind figured that part out. Having a lot of fun with the changes I'm making, this is a great find!

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: CafeCentralUI

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww shit, I think it's fair to say we can now have themes on the Wii U:

J9j2vFp.png

You'll note I changed a few more things than OP, including hte color of the buttons floating in the background as well, as the USB drive color in the bottom left, the color for the page your screen is on as well as the color of the pages your screen isn't on. Plus I changed the color of the 4 corners selecting the current game. Fun fact, this was just supposed to be pink, but this color actually kinda breathes and moves across the corners giving a mix of pink, purple and blue for the 4 corners, I think it works for the theme I've put together.

here's another image to illustrate the point, note how instead of the top right corner being the most pink of the highlighted app, it's now the bottom right that is most pink

LnvWvPh.png

Of further note, the page indicator colors and the color of the 4 corners around the highlighted title actually had to be altered within the separate file Men.pack as opposed to Men2.pack for most other things. And there is definitely more content within both files that can be altered, pretty sure just about anything you see on this page can be discovered and I intend to look more into it to further refine the theme I'm working on here.

It all pairs nicely with the custom wara wara plaza files I have.

59IoWOV.png

Right now, this is all loading from SDCafiine. If I'm feeling daring later I may try and go permanent and add it in via FTPiiU. I know that sounds risky, but I've permanently alterred the Wara Wara Plaza, and not just in SDCafiine, and that works without a problem. But before I do that, I wanna finalize this theme, I know I can easily change the pattern of the floor that the Mii's stand on, and that is something I may want to look into. Plus there are other aspects I'd like to change, mostly things that glow blue, like the magnification of the Wara Wara Plaza in the bottom left corner of the plaza screen or the blue highlight over the game you're currently selecting; ideally I'd like to change those to be pink or purple to really tie the theme together, but I'm having trouble finding what part of the file I need to alter for those things. I'll look more at this tomorrow. But so far I am loving this information overall.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can I suggest adding in a function that dumps the original file(s) to sd? Right now I'm stuck to pulling the files off the U using FTPiiU_everywhere which may not be an option for everyone lol.

Also: my Mem2 location on mlc differs from the one stated in OP, I'm on an EUR U and on mine it was located at "mlc:/sys/title/00050010/10040200/content/Common/Package" instead of "mlc:/sys/title/00050030/10040200/content/Common/Package"

Reactions: CafeCentralUI

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for anything but, I wouldn't recommend using this since its modifying a file directly in the NAND and that file is part of the System Menu... anything goes wrong and your Wii U is gone.

I'd advise the creators to move this to be used as a PLUGIN or SDCafiine, that way is safer. Aroma is "around the corner" and this would make more sense as a plugin or sdcafiine program.

Thank you for the efforts tho! :D
Please excuse me but what is Aroma?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oscarmohe

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, someone has tried this with the new CFW Tiramisu? in that case, Could you tell me if there is any risk of bricking the Wii U with that CFW? Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, someone has tried this with the new CFW Tiramisu? in that case, Could you tell me if there is any risk of bricking the Wii U with that CFW? Thanks.
I don't know if it's related to privileges but several people have bricked via ftp on tiramisu. I did it via ftp on cbhc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.