Post automatically merged:

Where did you get those emulators

Radnos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I think I'm done with my Mario Galaxy theme for now.

Download

I'll update it when I or someone finds a way to edit music and do proper custom animation.
And here are some preview screenshots:

2023-07-23_12.46.26.265_DRC.png

2023-07-23_12.45.52.927_DRC.png

2023-07-23_12.45.11.073_DRC.png

Hope you like it. :P

Edit: Here is the Reddit post link.

Last edited by Radnos,

BrokenTape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Radnos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That is pretty cool @Radnos, well done man! As a proof of concept even its outstanding... Can I ask if you have kept a log of the files you have modded like @MikaDubbz in the op? Just for others to try rather than filtering through the thread for the info!

Well done again, looks awesome!!
Well, I have some infos:

- To remove the blur behind the app's icon, you need to remove env.bagldof located in "Men2.pack/Common/Env/Men.szs/Env.genvb1/" (As I said here). Different from the haze @MikaDubbz shared in his very useful compilation (this one puts a kind of white filter between the app's icons and the background). For my theme, I deleted both.

- I haven't managed to make multiple material work (For both the LougneFloor (the floor) and FloatIcon00), so I baked everything into one texture and assigned the same material to every model (As I said here for FloatIcon00).

- The skybox is a kind of semi-circle, and the UV mapping of this model is not very practical to work with (You could unwrap/fix the UV, but heh), so I used a square skybox I made instead, shared here. In my theme, the square skybox is mirrored vertically (top to bottom), so it matches the skybox I stumbled upon on the Internet while searching for ideas for the skybox's texture. You can then use one of the two, and use Transform in Switch Toolbox to rotate it along the Z axis to adapt it to your texture (Or edit the UV directly in Blender). Here are the .dae of the square skyboxes directly if someone wants to use that instead of the .szs.

- The UV Map of LougneFloor seems to rotate 45 degrees counterclockwise when in the menu (looking at the base menu, it is indeed rotated), so the texture may match in SwitchToolbox, but in the menu, it will look broken, the solution is simply to, after completely setting up the texture, select the whole model, and rotate 45 degrees clockwise the UV mapping.

- The rest is files found with the help of @MikaDubbz's "Men.pack and Men2.pack feature locations", again, very useful and helped me release this theme way faster when I was done with the 3D models.

Edit: @MikaDubbz, you can add these infos (especially env.bagldof) into your spreadsheet, would be nice for other people.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention! The texture of LoungeFloor can't go over 1024x1024, or else it crashes, FloatIcon00 can go up to 4096x4096, but I stayed at 1024x1024 in my theme because that much detail is useless (And sometimes the UV of FloatIcon00 gets corrupted (black spots), and I suspect it happens when the whole file (Men2.pack) gets too big)

Last edited by Radnos,

AnnaCurto1998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: Radnos

syntheticlily

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried installing the dark pink theme using the theme installer app, now stuck in wii u menu loading loop. tried reiinstalling the backup of the default wii u menu but no luck.

tried installing the dark pink theme using the theme installer app, now stuck in wii u menu loading loop. tried reiinstalling the backup of the default wii u menu but no luck.
update: uh the backup works i just dont know why the app didnt want to install it.

(btw im on Wii U v5.5.6 with Tiramisu)

To fix it downloaded the WiiUFtpServer homebrew app and moved it to my sd card.
i also moved the wii u menu theme backup files to my pc.

booted into HBL by holding START on the gamepad as the wiiu booted up.

loaded the FtpServer app

mounted all paths

then on my pc i connected to the ftp server with filezilla ( i think any ftp client app would work)

looked for where the wii u menu title would be. for me it was

"/storage_mlc/sys/title/00050010/1004010/content/Common/Package"

then i just drag n dropped the backup menu files (men.pack and men2.pack) into the directory and overwrote the corrupted ones.

hit the home button to stop the ftp server ( it should just boot you back out to the HBL )

hit the home button again it and you should now be in the mii maker app

then just power down the console with the gamepad normally

and everything should be fine now and you should no longer be in an endless loop/loading screen for the Wii U Menu when you boot up your console again.

Last edited by syntheticlily,

Kaininjz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm just discovering your themes for the Wii U. Your themes are great, but it's possible that someone could create a black and grey theme, that would be nice.

Reactions: AnnaCurto1998

jordonistic12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to find out the location of music on the Wii U, and I found a file called "cafe_barista_men.bfsar" around the same area as Men.pack and Men2.pack.
("content\Common\Sound\Men" instead of "content\Common\Package")

I opened it up in Citric Composer and found:
  • A Sound Stream (which is seemingly a file named BGM_SET_ACS.bfstm, possibly used for first-time setup)
  • A bunch of Sound Wave entries (.bfwsd) containing Mii sounds on the Wara Wara plaza, as well as some sound effects
  • A bunch of Sound Sequences (.bfseq)
  • Some Wave Archives
...and more.

I really want to customize some sounds and stuff for my theme, but I don't know how to get sounds in the right formats. Is there any way to do that stuff?

Screenshot 2023-08-14 125546.png

Olivxxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im trying to install themes using ThemeMii and it installs fine but it gets stuck on the wii u loading screen. i have also tried installing the themes by sdcafiine but i dont know what i am doing with that. Much appreciated if someone can help.

AnnaCurto1998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, im trying to install themes using ThemeMii and it installs fine but it gets stuck on the wii u loading screen. i have also tried installing the themes by sdcafiine but i dont know what i am doing with that. Much appreciated if someone can help.
Try using ThemeMii wuhb version instead of the rpx version. Aroma works fine with wuhb files, especially the updated ones

Olivxxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try using ThemeMii wuhb version instead of the rpx version. Aroma works fine with wuhb files, especially the updated ones
i dont have aroma, do i just replace the rpx with the wubh?

update: uh the backup works i just dont know why the app didnt want to install it.

(btw im on Wii U v5.5.6 with Tiramisu)

To fix it downloaded the WiiUFtpServer homebrew app and moved it to my sd card.
i also moved the wii u menu theme backup files to my pc.

booted into HBL by holding START on the gamepad as the wiiu booted up.

loaded the FtpServer app

mounted all paths

then on my pc i connected to the ftp server with filezilla ( i think any ftp client app would work)

looked for where the wii u menu title would be. for me it was

"/storage_mlc/sys/title/00050010/1004010/content/Common/Package"

then i just drag n dropped the backup menu files (men.pack and men2.pack) into the directory and overwrote the corrupted ones.

hit the home button to stop the ftp server ( it should just boot you back out to the HBL )

hit the home button again it and you should now be in the mii maker app

then just power down the console with the gamepad normally

and everything should be fine now and you should no longer be in an endless loop/loading screen for the Wii U Menu when you boot up your console again.
hi im having the same problem as you and i need some help with the ftp server and how you got the file directory for the wii u menu. also for the ftp server is it just ftpiiu? also i dont think i have a backup

Last edited by Olivxxer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.