Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

bROG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I edited the tik sys.bin and meta.xml files. I paste createMaster.cmd into directory with my decrypted game, next I enter the name of executable ( DuckTales.rpx ), but the new folder ("CopytoSDcard" ) is empty. Somebody can help me?
I'm getting this as well.

@dydel did you get a fix? Or can anyone chime in on a possible solution?
Followed steps as posted. The bat file is in the same folder as content, code, and meta folders. Set variables in 'My Computer' as well.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country

Followed steps as posted. The bat file is in the same folder as content, code, and meta folders. Set variables in 'My Computer' as well.
same^^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hi!
If i install a ssb DLC to USB (WUP Installer method) or SCT method, I can use they in online with disc, but i have to boot redNAND each time?, for this i load SDCafiine throught HBL and its the same...

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's a hit or miss, I think. I can repack some games, yet I can't repack others.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I'm trying to install friendviewer (its from Cafe SDK) and I thought it was installable because the format was the same that system config tool (name_p01) but I tried to install it with WUP Installer (Nexo Fag mod) and with SCT but they gave me an error, In WUP it was: 0xFFFBF422 (I think this is incorrect title.tik region but this is free region no?) and with SCT:
Aborting install title <00050000_1f700800> to [mlc]
MCP INSTALL RVAL (-265150)
ES_ERR_VERIFICATION
Someone knows how to fix it?
Bye!

D

Deleted User

@dydel, DuckTales is repacking perfectly over here. But apparently it's not just DuckTales, and about 3 or 4 other people are experiencing the same issue. I swear it's not the script's fault because I can repack pretty much everything I have tried out with it. Perhaps there is a missing requirement I forgot to mention. I'll have a little look into it.

elmis003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dydel, DuckTales is repacking perfectly over here. But apparently it's not just DuckTales, and about 3 or 4 other people are experiencing the same issue. I swear it's not the script's fault because I can repack pretty much everything I have tried out with it. Perhaps there is a missing requirement I forgot to mention. I'll have a little look into it.
hey thanks for the help the game I'm trying to repack is project zero maiden of the black water and its not working any help you can give will be appreciated

bROG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Alright. Sounds good. While you're looking into that, do you happen to know if it's possible to grab the title key from a loadiine format game since the key was needed at one point or another to make the loadiine format?

D

Deleted User

hey thanks for the help the game I'm trying to repack is project zero maiden of the black water and its not working any help you can give will be appreciated
Huh... I'm really struggling to find the answer to the problem; everything in the script just seems to be set out completely correct. May I ask how you installed Cafe SDK? I personally used the Nintendo Dev Interface, which sets everything up automatically (such as licenses and the CAFE_ROOT variable) so you can't mess up the installation that easily.

Alright. Sounds good. While you're looking into that, do you happen to know if it's possible to grab the title key from a loadiine format game since the key was needed at one point or another to make the loadiine format?
It's not possible as loadiine-format games are fully decrypted game dumps. I believe the title key for a game is a completely random value, and unrelated to the contents themselves.

Last edited by ,

elmis003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... I'm really struggling to find the answer to the problem; everything in the script just seems to be set out completely correct. May I ask how you installed Cafe SDK? I personally used the Nintendo Dev Interface, which sets everything up automatically (such as licenses and the CAFE_ROOT variable) so you can't mess up the installation that easily.

I only download the sdk but will try to install it to see if it fix it

edit after I sintall the sdk with Nintendo dev interface it work thanks for the help

Last edited by elmis003,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

edit after I sintall the sdk with Nintendo dev interface it work thanks for the help
Glad to know NDI fixes the issues! I'll add it to the other redNAND guide thread, and hopefully iAqua will alter this guide too. (Seriously, this is why having two threads with the same guide is a bad idea, lol :rolleyes:)

Reactions: elmis003

kimchee2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello guys

Suppose I have a 'brazilian' usb disk with games

After formatting sys nand , is it still possible to use the same 'brazilian' disk with Red Nand
and not losing the games ?

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I need help again, I installed 2 weeks ago SSB with Brazilians method and I move it to NAND, now in redNAND I installed DLC to a USB and I went to settings, data management and it was here but I entered in system memory and it said, there are unnecessary files, Do you want delete they? I pressed yes, other times take 2 minutes but I tried to delete they 2 hours ago and it continue, I think I will turn off, message say don't turn off the console but I'm a bit scared, Have I bricked my console, have I turn off console?
Bye :cry::sad::hateit:

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, I only want to use rednand for dlc for dlc games. I want to start everything else in sysnand need I to format my sysnand? or is unlinking them not important in that case? coldboot is important for me because sometimes I have really big internet problems :(

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I only want to use rednand for dlc for dlc games. I want to start everything else in sysnand need I to format my sysnand? or is unlinking them not important in that case? coldboot is important for me because sometimes I have really big internet problems :(
You don't have to format it. Read the FAQ section of the OP.
Hi!
I need help again, I installed 2 weeks ago SSB with Brazilians method and I move it to NAND, now in redNAND I installed DLC to a USB and I went to settings, data management and it was here but I entered in system memory and it said, there are unnecessary files, Do you want delete they? I pressed yes, other times take 2 minutes but I tried to delete they 2 hours ago and it continue, I think I will turn off, message say don't turn off the console but I'm a bit scared, Have I bricked my console, have I turn off console?
Bye :cry::sad::hateit:
You can turn it off, yes.
Hello guys

Suppose I have a 'brazilian' usb disk with games

After formatting sys nand , is it still possible to use the same 'brazilian' disk with Red Nand
and not losing the games ?
Read the FAQ. If you format sysNAND, USBs will get unlinked; you will have to reinstall the games.

Reactions: kimchee2000

snesboxyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's ok as long as it isn't fake XD
If you know for a fact that it works and that it's actually 64GB, then go ahead :)

tbh, I'd just go to your nearest big box retailer like staples, or bestbuy and pick one up...

i got it from a website (i think it was called wish.com . idk it was a long time ago i got it). i've tried to test it playing my backup of bayonetta 1 in loadiine some time ago... results... well the game run great but after a while the game started getting freezes at random, some textures didn't appear (and no, it wasn't loadiine that was doing that.) and as the days went on the game got worse and the sd card would start to corrupt some files for no reason and the only fix was to format it again, but after that the same thing happened. so yeah....

Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it from a website (i think it was called wish.com . idk it was a long time ago i got it). i've tried to test it playing my backup of bayonetta 1 in loadiine some time ago... results... well the game run great but after a while the game started getting freezes at random, some textures didn't appear (and no, it wasn't loadiine that was doing that.) and as the days went on the game got worse and the sd card would start to corrupt some files for no reason and the only fix was to format it again, but after that the same thing happened. so yeah....

That sucks, If you buy one off Amazon from Sandisk you should be fine.

Sometimes deals are too good to be true.

dydel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Glad to know NDI fixes the issues! I'll add it to the other redNAND guide thread, and hopefully iAqua will alter this guide too. (Seriously, this is why having two threads with the same guide is a bad idea, lol :rolleyes:)

I install SDK by NDI. Change name folder GHS because cafe don't see GHS. I decrypt game, change meta and tik_sys.
I paste createMaster.cmd into directory with my decrypted game, next I enter the name of executable ( DuckTales.rpx ), and still have not packing my game.
I have empty folder :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hope im not going to die from it before i see the ent in a month