Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I install SDK by NDI. Change name folder GHS because cafe don't see GHS. I decrypt game, change meta and tik_sys.
I paste createMaster.cmd into directory with my decrypted game, next I enter the name of executable ( DuckTales.rpx ), and still have not packing my game.
I have empty folder :(
Try asking around in the wiiubru irc.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iAqua do you need a 64 GB for the 32 GB wii u only if you need to dump the nand? what will happen if you use a SD card smaller than the required 64 GB?

bROG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I install SDK by NDI. Change name folder GHS because cafe don't see GHS. I decrypt game, change meta and tik_sys.
I paste createMaster.cmd into directory with my decrypted game, next I enter the name of executable ( DuckTales.rpx ), and still have not packing my game.
I have empty folder :(

The problem may be that you're putting the variable in system variables rather than user variable.
Even after installing NDI I was having problems with the script/bat file. Looking back here at the new directions, it still didn't work.
The directions say to put CAFE_SDK, but it should be CAFE_ROOT. What works for me was putting cafe_sdk folder location in both system and user environment locations.

Reactions: dydel

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iAqua do you need a 64 GB for the 32 GB wii u only if you need to dump the nand? what will happen if you use a SD card smaller than the required 64 GB?

If you intend to dump your nand you need a 64GB sd card for the 32GB wiiu. If you just want to run wupserver then the large card is not necessary.

You need the large sd card because the wiiu nand includes an additional 1024KB for vwii (so it's closer to 33GB).

I haven't tried dumping to a smaller card, but I'm guessing you will get an error. It's safe to try if you want to see what error you get.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you intend to dump your nand you need a 64GB sd card for the 32GB wiiu. If you just want to run wupserver then the large card is not necessary.

You need the large sd card because the wiiu nand includes an additional 1024KB for vwii (so it's closer to 33GB).

I haven't tried dumping to a smaller card, but I'm guessing you will get an error. It's safe to try if you want to see what error you get.

So can I just try to boot redNAND? If so, that would be cool. Don't have any 64 GB SD cards lying around...

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can I just try to boot redNAND? If so, that would be cool. Don't have any 64 GB SD cards lying around...

No. What I meant is that you can try the dumper with an undersized card and see what error it spits out.

You can run iosuhax with wupserver without a nand dump.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. What I meant is that you can try the dumper with an undersized card and see what error it spits out.

You can run iosuhax with wupserver without a nand dump.
I believe RedNand is a copy of your sysnand and therefore sysnand is 32gig so it wont copy RedNand over to sd card. Just my thoughts

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed if you take off tubehax in redNAND to update games .
Then go back to sysnand it's tubehax is turned back on .
Just some food for thought

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed if you take off tubehax in redNAND to update games .
Then go back to sysnand it's tubehax is turned back on .
Just some food for thought

That's what you would expect to happen. Since anything you change in rednand is only saved to rednand (i.e. the sd card)

erfg12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
newagesoldier.com
XP
Country
United States
I have Hyrule Warriors installed on my USA Wii U console through normal USB Brazilian method. Now I got redNAND setup, and I used CFW Boot and my gamepad says welcome to rednand, etc. Then I go back to loadiine.ovh and launch Wup Installer (modded of course)

Now I wanted to get DLC for the game, so I used FunKiiU like this:
"python FunKiiU.py -title 0005000c1017d800 -onlinekeys"

I got all the files downloaded with the new title files, etc. Except, when I use WUPInstaller I get this error:
"Error: Not a version title or a game update"

What does it mean? Do I need to install the game with redNAND instead of sysnand or does that even matter?

bROG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@erfg12 Yes, you need to install via rednand.
I had some troubles with DLC installing in rednand with wupinstaller. I tried system config tool and it worked after that.

Hadobedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed redNAND a few days ago and it worked perfectly, even after formatting my sysNAND. I didn't use my Wii U for 2 days, and now when I try to boot up redNAND it freezes at "Welcome to redNAND!" Anyone else experience this?

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Couple of questions, if i installed this, 1. how can i use vwii with my games and wii homebrew? 2. will i have to reformat my wiiu external drive and reinstall all of the games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...