rofl.gif
Poor Wii
But wow. MGS = handheld gaming sex

mendusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus wept this site is unreal thanks OP I'm shocked I seen the video of the 3DS tutorial features etc on ign and people were commenting about how it just a slight improvement on DS graphics there must be some bitter fanboys out there.It's sad in a sense I don't think there was any announcement of a release date for North America afaik so it's gonna take at least 18 months before it comes to Europe.The graphics are unreal but i never been big into graphics personally and I don't get why people argue such a game looks better then the other all about gameplay to me.But what really impressed me was the sheer amount of games been announced for it already.It's fair to say Nintendo stole the show new DK,Kirby and now this.It'll be interesting to see whether it will retail under 200 dollars for all the inbuilt extras it has I wonder how Sony feel about it will they contemplate to release a PSP2 to compete with it.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MG4M3R said:
Raestloz said:
Somebody must have knocked my head into shit... that 3DS Metal Gear Solid screenies are so fucking awesome I could bleed

I almost thought I'm seeing PS2 screenies there

Are you kidding me?

20080926_metal_gear_solid_3_01.jpg

PS2

mgs_3d_f09.jpg

3DS
Haters gonna hate, but I actually find the 3DS screenies to be better looking than the PS2 screenies, and we haven't even seen the 3D yet. Okay, the 3DS might make the characters look slightly jagged, but then again, the PS2 makes them so blurry I'm having trouble trying to find Snake on the pic you posted!
ohmy.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
I'm thinking: Super Smash Bros 3DS.

I'm doubting that. Although I want it to happen but I'm gonna doubt it. If anything, I'll just take a VC version of either SSB64 or SSBM. I wouldn't care about SSBB. They won't make a new SSB just for the 3DS.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MG4M3R said:
Raestloz said:
Somebody must have knocked my head into shit... that 3DS Metal Gear Solid screenies are so fucking awesome I could bleed

I almost thought I'm seeing PS2 screenies there

Are you kidding me?

*snip*
PS2

*snip
3DS
Apart from having some aliasing issues with jaggies, the 3DS version has cleaner textures and more detail overall. The polygon count is either the same or higher, and personally it looks a little higher around the environment. The PS2 version is no slouch, being one of the best looking games on the system, but that pic isn't going to help your argument. It has some muddy textures and a lot of blur there. I'd say the 3DS version looks CONSIDERABLY better. In those screens, it relies less on blur to cover up the lack of realism and detail in the textures.

And the Resident Evil games look even better if that's possible. In my eyes (which i will say are good at the risk of sounding arrogant), the 3DS has so far shown to be capable of outputting graphics a lot better than any PS2 game i've seen.

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
Rayder said:
I'll have to admit, I'm impressed. The games look a damn sight better than regular DS games. I don't just mean in the graphics, I mean in pure badassery. I've seen more badassery in those few screenies than I've ever seen in the regular DS's entire library. Maybe Ninty is finally waking up to the much needed and long overdue balance between kiddie/cutesy casual games, and games that someone like me could actually enjoy.

But I'm still gonna wait until there is a flashcart or a hardware hack to play 3DS backups before I actually buy a 3DS. It will be a very long time before Nintendo fully redeems themselves in my eyes. The regular DS has been a severe disappointment to me and I'll never forget the countless times I bought DS games and felt totally burned. That will NOT happen again.

Exactly my thoughts
tongue.gif

Umm... yeah we are still working on the DSi, and what makes you think the 3DS will be any easier to crack? I dont think it will be very easy at all.

Also give nintendo the money, its worth it just look at those games...

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dont care about a flash cart for this, as long as games dont exceed the $40 range, those right there are worth that. But... if a flash cart is indeed made, then its more than welcome...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamerjr said:
Fabis94 said:
Rayder said:
I'll have to admit, I'm impressed. The games look a damn sight better than regular DS games. I don't just mean in the graphics, I mean in pure badassery. I've seen more badassery in those few screenies than I've ever seen in the regular DS's entire library. Maybe Ninty is finally waking up to the much needed and long overdue balance between kiddie/cutesy casual games, and games that someone like me could actually enjoy.

But I'm still gonna wait until there is a flashcart or a hardware hack to play 3DS backups before I actually buy a 3DS. It will be a very long time before Nintendo fully redeems themselves in my eyes. The regular DS has been a severe disappointment to me and I'll never forget the countless times I bought DS games and felt totally burned. That will NOT happen again.

Exactly my thoughts
tongue.gif

Umm... yeah we are still working on the DSi, and what makes you think the 3DS will be any easier to crack? I dont think it will be very easy at all.

I'll probably buy some of the games since they look worth it, but i think the hacking thing will have more popularity. DSi likely won't have as much demand to hack as 3DS.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the screenshots for Kid Icarus and I saw the trailer. I need to play this game.

This could be the system that stops my piracy habits.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gamerjr said:
Fabis94 said:
Rayder said:

Exactly my thoughts
tongue.gif

Except Rayder's stance on DS games is that all of them are not worth the money so there's the possibility it's the same for the 3DS, But honestly, I find his stance rather absurd. It sounds like he says not one single DS game was worth his money yet some are entertaining enough to pirate and play. I know it's all a matter of preference but it just sounds like a lame excuse. Sure the DS hasn't had anything like OoT for me, but the N64 didn't have anything like Hotel Dusk for me.

And I'll be honest, if the 3DS isn't hacked I'll be buying most the games, but if it is, I'll be pirating most the games save for that rare special game.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone got something on Saints Row 3DS? Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that game in the line-up, nice job Nintendo!
Hopefully it's executed well, which I highly doubt, but you never know!

RE 3DS looks awesome btw, a lot of nice games are announced. Hopefully they look a bit better in a later stage though, not fully satisfied with the way some games look atm.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow... Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time on a handheld.... This is the best handheld console up to now if it does support Oot.
And Nintendo will probably release a different version of super smash bros, one that takes advantage of the 3d screen. (not to mention that porting an older version would be kind of cheap...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding