Hacking News: New Stargate 3DS flashcart

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find the answer in all these pages but if I already had CFW installed that doesn't work with the DS menu what exactly do I need to do to update or fix my custom FW so that I can use the Stargate card for DS games and it doesn't go to some strange language select menu and not work?
Reset the 3ds and try again, decrease the clock speed on it if you have to get it to work.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does exactly the same thing, you just need to know how.

only downfall is roms (.3ds) are not region free.
Not even close. Stargate 3DS has so many shortcomings versus custom firmware.
  • Scrolling through games is a chore with that toggle switch. There's no comparison to on demand HOME Menu layout.
  • The flashcart's toggle switch is fragile. Once broken, you can't buy a replacement switch to fix it.
  • Stargate is limited to 128 GB micro SD card. Custom firmware does not have that capacity limitation.
  • Stargate costs about US$90 without the SD card factored in. In America, a 256 GB micro SD costs about US $50. Even if you subtract $20 for the lofty DS flashcart mode, CFW still saves you more money.
    • You don't even need a DS flashcart to play DS games nowadays as we have the lovely nds-bootstrap & TWiLight Menu.
  • With custom firmware, you don't have to worry about needing a private header to avoiding getting banned online.
  • Custom firmware can play out of region of titles and romhacks using Luma patching.
  • Custom firmware can play games from other systems through a variety of homebrew emulators, not just those from the 3DS and DS libraries.
People who buy Stargate are not doing themselves a favor by settling for a disproportionately worse setup.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the R4i gold 3ds plus is a better option than Stargate 3ds.
I mean, we've known that almost any old DS flashcart is better than the Stargate ever since CFW with sigpatches was created so we didn't need 3DS flashcarts...

Last edited by SCOTT0852, , Reason: quoted post is probably an ad and capitalism is lame

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I mean, we've known that almost any old DS flashcart is better than the Stargate ever since CFW with sigpatches was created so we didn't need 3DS flashcarts...
I think the post is more about promoting that shop than an honest flashcart recommendation. post history

Reactions: SCOTT0852

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No, Stargate was a project by the CIA.
Wait, did i miss something?
ku9Ms48.gif

Bit late to the party i think...

Last edited by Patxinco, , Reason: gif fixed yay!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.