Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Nejire

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I apologize beforehand in case this matter has been already covered. If there's a solution for this please just send me to it, although i did search. Otherwise.. is there any chance anybody knows how to deal with this? I want to install a GameCube game on my WiiU menu and I'm prompted to give a specific ISO file in order for the injector to successfully pack the game. During the Injecting process, all steps are completed except the final, the 4th step which packs the game. I get this error (see image).
Capture.PNG

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I apologize beforehand in case this matter has been already covered. If there's a solution for this please just send me to it, although i did search. Otherwise.. is there any chance anybody knows how to deal with this? I want to install a GameCube game on my WiiU menu and I'm prompted to give a specific ISO file in order for the injector to successfully pack the game. During the Injecting process, all steps are completed except the final, the 4th step which packs the game. I get this error (see image). View attachment 105289
isn't that Wii U USB Helper? Try the one in this thread ;) Maybe that can help you.

Reactions: Nejire

SOF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are you using Japanese version of Windows? Looks like whatever locale you are using is shifting the layout making the Force 4:3 box disappear.

I am using it in Japanese windows.
It can be selected only with wii retail injection.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 650
  • 3.png
    3.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 1.png
    1.png
    11 KB · Views: 414

missionfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is, and I did it again for 0.5.6, I really wonder what its trying to pick up anyways, quite silly from microsofts antivirus to just randomly detect basic .net framework files as a virus by probably comparing like 2 generic bytes or something, cant imagine anything else.
I went ahead and submitted your file to microsoft. No more false positive with the latest definitions.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Loving the new version one problem i have noticed is it now takes way longer for the files to be created for some reason. On the old script version it took about 5 mins to create an installable GC game now it takes about 15 to 20 mins for me.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using it in Japanese windows.
It can be selected only with wii retail injection.
"Don't trim game output" and "Force 4:3" are separate options, the Japanese locale is just accidentally covering the checkbox next to "Force 4:3". In the next version I'll see if I can nudge the option to the right a bit to compensate for the Japanese locale shifting everything.

SOF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"Don't trim game output" and "Force 4:3" are separate options, the Japanese locale is just accidentally covering the checkbox next to "Force 4:3". In the next version I'll see if I can nudge the option to the right a bit to compensate for the Japanese locale shifting everything.

thanks.:bow:

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wish granted :P
why is the sound so bad in your video? when you did the overclock, did you accidentally use an older version of cafe2wii patcher or accidentally enabled iop2x patching as well? cause for me, sound is super clean without having iop2x enabled.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why is the sound so bad in your video? when you did the overclock, did you accidentally use an older version of cafe2wii patcher or accidentally enabled iop2x patching as well? cause for me, sound is super clean without having iop2x enabled.
I'm using Teconmoon's WiiVC Injector 3.0.0 to create the Forwarder. Which uses the latest Cafe2Wii and unless it uses iop2x by default then that wasnt enabled either?
I'll try the old VC injector Script to create the Forwarder just in case :)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While the video does make it sound a bit worse, there is a low buzz in the audio. I've tried using the old VC injector script and loading it directly through HBC (after loading c2w Patcher) both result in the same performance and it does feel like there is a overall slowdown compared to Not64. Would it be possible to port over Not64's audio pitch/sync options? that could help with the buzzing sound.?
A good test case would be the romhack Mario 64 Last Impact.

Reactions: Blaze Uchiha

Legacyblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving the new gui! I kind of wish I'd waited, as making icons for all the games in my collection took like 5 hours x.x That little "Download images..." button is the best.

Quick question, is there a way to skip the "point a wiimote" at the tv menu when launching gamecube games? I play using the gamecube adapter, so I don't want to use the gamepad as a controller (as it disables the player one port on the adapter). But enabling gamepad use seems to be the only way to launch it without a wiimote.

If it's not possible in the current version, how difficult would it be to add a skip for that screen in later versions? It'd be great to retire my wii with it's hdmi dongle (which is currently my fastest way to play gamecube games without a wiimote. I have it set to boot straight into a usb loader)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway