Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still unable to run Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. I don't think its the ROM, I think its something to do with my Wii U or this injector. It might not just be this game, has anybody else had a problem like this? When I load the ROM, it goes to a black screen and literally turns off my Wii U.
Try formatting your SD card or try another SD card. There's a link to a great formatter in the nintendont configure menu for that.

You can also try launching nintendont from the vwii homebrew channel and see if you can launch ttyd there. That being one of my favorite games, I know it worked for me haha.

PooM_ru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
CoD MW3 PAL injection works perfect. If you wish to play with WiiU Gamepad, you should use force classic controller connected. There's a problem with online multiplayer, I have no idea how to fix it because I always get in-game error 20100. Meanwhile, Wii U games (not MW3), original Wii or vWii works good in MW3 multiplayer without any issues. Any ideas?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
felt like my wii64 thingy yesterday was a little too dirty so I now properly made a github repo for it and actually made some more changes than just wiiu gamepad support.
https://github.com/FIX94/mupen64gc-fix94/releases
you can use this just fine with the overclock by the way, makes a lot of games run much better.
Have you tried contacting @Extrems to merge both Not64 and your fork together?
That would be godlike xD

BQuail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to inject a Wii homebrew emulator (snes9x gx), should I do it as a Wii Homebrew Injection or vWii NAND Title Launcher? What would be the differences? Thanks.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to inject a Wii homebrew emulator (snes9x gx), should I do it as a Wii Homebrew Injection or vWii NAND Title Launcher? What would be the differences? Thanks.
Wii Homebrew is to inject Wii Homebrew (obviously) that is launched right from the title you install. vWii NAND Title Launcher is to launch a channel you have installed on the vWii.

Lots of Wii Homebrew doesn't work with the GamePad, so you may want to consider checking the box in the advanced setting that disables the GamePad completely so it doesn't ask you if you want to use it every time you launch the title.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you tried contacting @Extrems to merge both Not64 and your fork together?
nope, I really just wanted to make my own file so there at least is a version out there which can be compiled with default devkit stuff and I personally dislike the whole nand pagefile thing in not64, it just does not feel right to me.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nope, I really just wanted to make my own file so there at least is a version out there which can be compiled with default devkit stuff and I personally dislike the whole nand pagefile thing in not64, it just does not feel right to me.
Understandable :)
Nevertheless, thank you for taking the time to add support for Gamepad to Wii64 and also improving it a bit :D

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So right now the main issue I'm working on is fixing some locale issues with usernames that have accent characters in them, and the program calculating that there is enough space on the hard drive to perform all actions without accidentally filling the C:\ drive. Some people have posted questions about the injector or are confused about its usage, but that's not necessarily a problem with the program.

Main issues:
  • WIT can not handle accent characters in paths if they are contained in quotations, but can't handle special characters like & unless they ARE contained in quotations. To solve this, I've written a function to pass a DOS safe path to WIT which I am working in implementing.
  • The program does not seem to be consistently calculating how much space is free on the main C: drive before the process starts, and then if the user is low on space may run out of space while handling temp files.
  • IKVM (the java implementation I'm using to replace Java) seems to not be running on some people's machines. Could be an issue with .NET 3.5 on affected computers. The reason for this was so that if people didn't have Java installed or their installation was broken that it wouldn't affect the app, but if it's causing issues for people then I might need to go back to requiring Java 8 installed.

I am also keep a list of feature requests for after the bugs are worked out of this initial release, I am NOT working on them at the moment:
  • Adjustable ESRB ratings
  • Icons for generated folders

Reactions: Valery0p

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After some messing I have found a few issues :P
I cant return to the WiiU menu when exiting Wii64, It locks up with a black screen :(
Emulation speed has taken a hit compared to Not64 (with overclock)
Audio is more distorted (probably due to the Emulation speed hit)
The game doesnt fill the screen (thin black boarder down the left and right)

But Gamepad Support feels amazing on Wii64.Thank You again @FIX94 :)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some messing I have found a few issues :P
I cant return to the WiiU menu when exiting Wii64, It locks up with a black screen :(
Emulation speed has taken a hit compared to Not64 (with overclock)
Audio is more distorted (probably due to the Emulation speed hit)
The game doesnt fill the screen (thin black boarder down the left and right)

But Gamepad Support feels amazing on Wii64.Thank You again @FIX94 :)

Also some games are unplayable. (paper mario)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5