Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for the offline .net framework install.
It took 40min to copy 35Mb....
I really don't know why it's soooo long to just extract/copy few files.
It still asked me to access the net 3 times:
setup.exe, even though there were nothing to download
net framework service (at the end of the 40min install process), no idea why, I granted it to be sure nothing get stuck, even though there's no active service running with that name.
after windows reboot (not asked, but I did it to relaunch my forced closed RAID program), svchost requested access to an unknown IP (224.0.0.252), port 535, I rejected it. (DNScache? should I allow it?)

My firewall is working in the mmc! so I'm glad it worked so far. I hope it didn't break things I don't know yet.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the offline .net framework install.
It took 40min to copy 35Mb....
I really don't know why it's soooo long to just extract/copy few files.
It still asked me to access the net 3 times:
setup.exe, even though there were nothing to download
net framework service (at the end of the 40min install process), no idea why, I granted it to be sure nothing get stuck, even though there's no active service running with that name.
after windows reboot (not asked, but I did it to relaunch my forced closed RAID program), svchost requested access to an unknown IP (224.0.0.252), port 535, I rejected it. (DNScache? should I allow it?)

My firewall is working in the mmc! so I'm glad it worked so far. I hope it didn't break things I don't know yet.
I don't know terrible much about this but the connection to 224.0.0.252:5355 with protocol UDP is usually used by recent versions of Windows for Link Local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR) searching for local network computers. If this isn't something you use or want to prevent, you can disable it with a weird registry punch: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\DNSClient] "EnableMulticast"=dword:00000000

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
usually the network discovery is done on my local ip. (netbios 192.168.0.255:137)
I don't know why it's using 224 (is it a local ip too ?)

edit:
ok, it seems 224.0.0.x are local IPs too.
well, then I can enable that without risk.
but for me it's 535 (no 5355) it's 5355 in the firewall rules, but it was 535 in the prompt to allow/deny access.
thank you for your help.

Last edited by Cyan,

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usually the network discovery is done on my local ip. (netbios 192.168.0.255:137)
I don't know why it's using 224 (is it a local ip too ?)

edit:
ok, it seems 224.0.0.x are local IPs too.
well, then I can enable that without risk.
but for me it's 535 (no 5355) it's 5355 in the firewall rules, but it was 535 in the prompt to allow/deny access.
thank you for your help.
Depending on your firewall program some are know to cut crap off

Reactions: Cyan

Brutaline

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am not sure if this is actually related or not. Nevertheless: When I am loading up the installed game (Wii Title, Pandoras Tower) the screen stays black and the WiiU becomes unresponsive for a minute until it automatically shuts itself down. From my understanding I need to only a signature patch of sorts, like that one you can boot from the HBL/Haxchi. Or am I mistaken and Mocha is still needed for this method of injecting? Cause this behavior is extremly similar to when I tried to boot up a Wii game I installed via the [brazilian] method which obviously didnt work. Any help is appreciated.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seeing as there still is no not64 version with DRC support, I just grabbed my old wii64 source I used back for making a wiiflow plugin and added in DRC support into that, sure it doesnt have the compatibility of not64 but it still works so its better than nothing.
https://mega.nz/#!p14E1TRT!OYr1H6mIJHk6SsIUED0Akk87DyjVs2V_omhUzoeY4q4
If you care about the mess of a source code, here you go.
This doesn't work for me when I inject it, only from Wii homebrew. I just get a black screen from the Wii U menu. Does any one else have this problem?

missionfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still getting a virus alert. If you don't want to use my build, just compile it yourself.

Make a .net 4 console project, copy the source from github, fill in the wii common key, done.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still getting a virus alert. If you don't want to use my build, just compile it yourself.
dont see any reason as to why this would happen, if you compare my github build with yours in a hex editor they appear to be basically equal so good job to shitty anti virus detections for seeing files like that as problematic even though its compiled using official microsoft tools.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got that already. That way didn't work either. The only way it boots up is if I go to vWii then Homebrew Channel.
cant see any reason why it would work from vwii homebrew channel and not wii vc homebrew channel, maybe if you have usb devices connected disconnect those?

missionfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont see any reason as to why this would happen, if you compare my github build with yours in a hex editor they appear to be basically equal so good job to shitty anti virus detections for seeing files like that as problematic even though its compiled using official microsoft tools.
I don't know, but when I compile it, windows doesn't complain. This problem arose before with 0.5.5 and you solved it by compiling it with visual studio instead of the command line compiler (although isn't that what visual studio does anyway?)

Last edited by missionfloyd,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know, but when I compile it, windows doesn't complain. This problem arose before with 0.5.5 and you solved it by compiling it with visual studio instead of the command line compiler (although isn't that what visual studio does anyway?)
it is, and I did it again for 0.5.6, I really wonder what its trying to pick up anyways, quite silly from microsofts antivirus to just randomly detect basic .net framework files as a virus by probably comparing like 2 generic bytes or something, cant imagine anything else.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know, if I make a forwarder for a Wiiware game(for the gamepad support), is there a way I can use my .gct ocarina cheats with it while still having the ability to use the gamepad?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Does anyone know, if I make a forwarder for a Wiiware game(for the gamepad support), is there a way I can use my .gct ocarina cheats with it while still having the ability to use the gamepad?
I guess so, but you will need modify the WiiWare main.dol then packing to wad and installing on vWii side, the down side is that the cheat code will be permanent.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess so, but you will need modify the WiiWare main.dol then packing to wad and installing on vWii side, the down side is that the cheat code will be permanent.
no way to turn it on or off then? And I'm guessing that usb loader gx probably doesn't have gamepad support does it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again