Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks
My WiiU is EUR, it works with USA vWii game (like DKCR NTSC)?
I'm not sure, some people reported problems because the different video systems, @Sumea did a quick tutorial about how to patch it.

Edit: It seems TeconMoon can patch it on the fly, from the OP:

Wii Retail Injection Patches
  • Patch video mode using Wii-VMC (Useful for PAL-exclusive games that don't support NTSC video modes or vice-versa)
Advanced settings ;)

Last edited by cucholix,
Reactions: torekiki

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One quick Question. If one were to pack a Wii homebrew into an installable wad, then install it. Could a vWii forwarder then be made for that app, allowing gamepad support and WiiVC speeds? App I'm talking about is Not 64 btw

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One quick Question. If one were to pack a Wii homebrew into an installable wad, then install it. Could a vWii forwarder then be made for that app, allowing gamepad support and WiiVC speeds? App I'm talking about is Not 64 btw
Not64 will need to be compiled with the new library for gamepad support the developer has been notified and i don't know if he has had success yet

Reactions: Blaze Uchiha

bottmint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know what happens but i think is important....

What's the user name that you're running the injector under? From what I can gather (my spanish is mierda xD), it seems like the program is tripping up when it goes to move some stuff around. If you have accents in any folder names, that might be the cause. I'm not certain of that, however, as I don't have any accents in any of my directories.

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the user name that you're running the injector under? From what I can gather (my spanish is mierda xD), it seems like the program is tripping up when it goes to move some stuff around. If you have accents in any folder names, that might be the cause. I'm not certain of that, however, as I don't have any accents in any of my directories.

I no have any accents in any folders name... i get this errors 3 times after i came inject COD BO succesfully.... i will try with other game to see what happen...

PD: The game than a got this error is COD. MW3 (PAL)

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure, some people reported problems because the different video systems, @Sumea did a quick tutorial about how to patch it.

Edit: It seems TeconMoon can patch it on the fly, from the OP:

Advanced settings ;)

As cucholix mentioned, @Sumea managed to figured out why Wii games boots to black screen, reason being is the video modes that has been encoded into the Wii game.

Here is the run down:

What Works:
USA Region Console: USA region games works fine.
EUR/PAL Region Console: EUR/PAL region games work fine.

May/May Not Work :
USA Region Console: EUR/PAL region games, most will boot to black screen.
EUR/PAL Region Console: USA region games, 50/50 chance the game will work.

Now moving along to Video Mode Patching.

NTSC to PAL: Has a HIGH success rate of games working on EUR/PAL region console with this patch.
PAL to NTSC: Very LOW success rate, or not work at all.

So it's best practice to inject YOUR region games if you want a working inject or you'll get the dreaded boot to black screen.
As for those exclusive EUR/PAL games that is not released in USA, only way to find out if the game will work on USA region console is to inject as per normal, hoping the game will boot, if not, then re inject with the PAL to NTSC video mode patch, and see if it works, if it doesn't, then your out of luck.

Reason why games that do work on cross region consoles is probably due to the game developer encoding the game video modes to cater for both NTSC and PAL.
Such apps like Generic Wii Patcher and Wii VMC which checks the MAIN.DOL file for video modes, you will see each game will have varying video modes for that game, this is possibly due to the various video formats around the world, as the Wii only had Composite Video (Video: Yellow, Audio: Red/White) and Component Video (Video Red/Green/Blue, Audio: Red/White) and I believe there is SCART cable was in the mix as well. So devs had to encode the standard video modes for that region in there games. It would have been nice if they included ALL video modes in their games. These days we don't have this issues as HDMI is pretty much standard.

The above info is from personal experience with injecting, mainly for others, when starting Wii injects in the beginning, I had a few feed backs regarding PAL to NTSC injects, and all the injects I did, didn't work, all boot to black screen.

Hope this info helps.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@FIX94 do you know the reason why NSMBW doesn't hook the GamePad with any patch? That ship probably sailed long ago xD but still curious about that game as the Classic Controller cheat code works just fine in DKCR when forcing CC.

Last edited by cucholix,

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 do you know the reason why NSMBW doesn't hook the GamePad with any patch? That ship probably sailed long ago xD but still curious about that game as the Classic Controller cheat code works just fine in DKCR when forcing CC.
I was gonna try that game with the force cc but I'm guessing it still doesn't work huh

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This aplication have an uninstall complete executable... i need to reinstall everything again.. i thing someting is corrupt... i dont lnow....

thanks in advanced....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1