Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for confirming that stuff, same here with N64 files, will probably take a look at how they do their handling as the A button works so it must just be some detection method not handled by the firmware emu. and yea the -homebrew flag is required of course as it does need full hardware access, I do all sorts of fancy patching to make channel booting work.
to give an update on that official wii N64 vc stuff, since I couldnt find anything in the fw.img that would cause the classic controller emu to not work, I went patch-crazy on the wii emu executable itself and wrote in like 15 patches forcing everything in the wiimote code to detect a classic controller and guess what - it works perfectly. So the problem is not that its incompatible with the cc emu but it for some reason just doesnt detect it on boot. now to figure out why that is because applying handmade patches to every game that has issues isnt exactly a viable solution...

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am getting repack errors on EVERY game and I am using solely .gcm images to create the WUP installable file. How do I solve this?

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Might be a really stupid question, but is injecting Not64 and then playing 64 games better than using retroarch? And is it possible to create channels for each game, but that it starts the emu automaticly (in both cases, Not64/Retroarch)? I'm sorry if what I ask has been asked before, or are just stupid :P I just finally put haxchi on my Wii U and so far installed 2 gamecube backups with this tool ^^ Those work like a charm ^^

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be a really stupid question, but is injecting Not64 and then playing 64 games better than using retroarch? And is it possible to create channels for each game, but that it starts the emu automaticly (in both cases, Not64/Retroarch)? I'm sorry if what I ask has been asked before, or are just stupid :P I just finally put haxchi on my Wii U and so far installed 2 gamecube backups with this tool ^^ Those work like a charm ^^
Retroarch does not have n64 on wiiu

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Not64 is a specialized Nin64 emulator, thanks to the changes FIX94 made to the C2W, it is now possible to play almost all games at full speed.
+ Retroarch does not have Nintendo64 emulated yet.

enol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's not the place but, can someone send me a clean wuphaxBackup.app? find out how to uninstall michannel and reinstall it. with success, but I do not know if it is the version but now the injector does not work to create my own backup. Well this would solve a lot and I would take away days from above

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Retroarch does not have n64 on wiiu

Not64 is a specialized Nin64 emulator, thanks to the changes FIX94 made to the C2W, it is now possible to play almost all games at full speed.
+ Retroarch does not have Nintendo64 emulated yet.

Thanks for the quick answers :) So Not64 it will be. Then my second question remains; is it possible to create injected Not64 game channels? And another question, qould it be possible with this program to have a forwarder to the vWii disc channel? That way I won't ever need to go to the vWii menu again :P

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the quick answers :) So Not64 it will be. Then my second question remains; is it possible to create injected Not64 game channels? And another question, qould it be possible with this program to have a forwarder to the vWii disc channel? That way I won't ever need to go to the vWii menu again :P

Not64 forwarders are already done : https://gbatemp.net/posts/7605476

Just install the Not64 forwarder.

Reactions: PascalLeroi

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to give an update on that official wii N64 vc stuff, since I couldnt find anything in the fw.img that would cause the classic controller emu to not work, I went patch-crazy on the wii emu executable itself and wrote in like 15 patches forcing everything in the wiimote code to detect a classic controller and guess what - it works perfectly. So the problem is not that its incompatible with the cc emu but it for some reason just doesnt detect it on boot. now to figure out why that is because applying handmade patches to every game that has issues isnt exactly a viable solution...
LOL nice, gotta love going patch crazy.

It's hard to tell why some games don't detect the Classic controller properly, one one of the "MLB Power Pros" game I tested had a few different modes that you could only enter with the classic controller and another that you could only enter with the wii remote alone and no extensions. The Classic Controller mode wouldn't allow you in, and neither would the standalone Wii Remote mode because it thought "Something" was plugged into the Wii Remote. :rolleyes:

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's hard to tell why some games don't detect the Classic controller properly, one one of the "MLB Power Pros" game I tested had a few different modes that you could only enter with the classic controller and another that you could only enter with the wii remote alone and no extensions. The Classic Controller mode wouldn't allow you in, and neither would the standalone Wii Remote mode because it thought "Something" was plugged into the Wii Remote. :rolleyes:

Do you have a copy of the script BEFORE all the c2w crap? it messed up the covertions on my side.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

well, the wiimote patch just allows the wiimote buttons to go through, the classic controller is still technically plugged in during that. I guess it would need another fw.img patch just to tell it that actually nothing is inserted. Also I think I now have a fw.img that at least works for newer N64 vc games like mario party 2, still have to work one out for older titles (like OOT that I use for testing), will probably be a separate patch.

Reactions: DarthDub

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if a game requires wiimotionplus then you will need to aim and waggle so whats the point? since games would be unplayable lol.

I wanted to say for persons who do not possess it, that's kinda restricting you know ?
And what does it add ? You still need for most of the games to put a Nunchuck if WiiMotionPlus isn't available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1