Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just restarted it, came back on but hasnt installed anything. Didnt go into powerdown as it's set to 1 hour, plus I did move the analogues etc and nothing happened...

Going to try it again with a different game and see what happens.

Thanks mate.

Fozzy786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I'd update you guys in case someone else has a similar issue.

It worked this time but I did 2 things differently:

First I had to actually launch haxchi into the custom firmware first and then install the game. Not sure if this would chan ge anything since it seemed to install the game initially anyway before it froze last time.

Secondly. And I think this is the issue, The SSD I was using was plugged in using a USB cable and it seemed to work. I plugged it in using a Y cable this time to give it a little more power from both of the Wii U's USB ports, it worked and installed the game fine.

Only other thing I noticed is after I play for a bit, I'd get a black screen and a message on it saying that the USB device switched off and it might need an external power supply.

I think my SSD shut itself off during the first install which is why it crashed.

But also for anyone else considering using an SSD with a Y cable. It works for a but until it crashes so I suggest an external power supply for it or something. (Unless I am still doing it wrong).

9JohnSmith9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I'm having a problem with the download speed being really slow. It downloads, but at around 10 KB/S to 40 KB/S (as reported by the app).
This is on a 6 megabit connection, and I can reach 6 megabits on the same computer through other programs such as qBittorrent.
This is through a wireless connection, but happens even when nothing else is on the network (wired or wireless, and confirmed through the router) and nothing else is downloading on the computer (confirmed through Netlimiter along with the network speed matching the Wii U USB Helper download speed).
The computer running Wii U USB Helper is a Windows 10 x64 computer. I've also tried running it through a VPN, but no difference, and through a Windows 7 x64 virtual machine both with and without a VPN, and with the VPN connected to different countries, but it makes no difference whatsoever.
Oddly, when I connect to the same wireless network with my Android Phone and run Wii U USB Helper GO! (on a Oneplus 3 on Android N) in the same room as my computer (which is also on a wireless connection) it downloads at around 3 megabits per second, approximately 20x the speed the desktop app downloads at.

Any ideas for what the cause could be? As previously mentioned, it only occurs with this program, all others can get a fast connection.

Last edited by 9JohnSmith9,

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi

i have 2 questions

1 . how to inject save file by Wiiu_USB_Helper & Wiiu_USB_helper_transfer_tools
i can get backUP from my save games but i can not inject save files that downloaded from this link
if i want inject save file first must delete current save file and then inject downloaded save file ?
how to use the save files that downloaded from this link ?

2 . can i inject usa_save_file to a usa_game that install on EUR console ?
if i do above action may be my console will be breaked ?

thanks

Last edited by mostafa,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The app was working fine for me upto today now any time I try to run it I get a message saying an error has occurred this is most likely due to antivirus software. Thing is I don't use any antivirus software (lol I know I should)

MovieMakerMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is giving me this error (attached)
B0BDtwY

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 292

RJS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the new Homebrew forwarder showing up, what happens if I try to install that (and the homebrew app itself) with the WUP installer? :)

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
hi

i have 2 questions

1 . how to inject save file by Wiiu_USB_Helper & Wiiu_USB_helper_transfer_tools
i can get backUP from my save games but i can not inject save files that downloaded from this link
if i want inject save file first must delete current save file and then inject downloaded save file ?
how to use the save files that downloaded from this link ?

2 . can i inject usa_save_file to a usa_game that install on EUR console ?
if i do above action may be my console will be breaked ?

thanks

You can follow this guide to inject save files https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiUHacks/comments/5w33n1/tutorial_dumping_and_injecting_saves_via_ftp/.
You cannot brick by injecting save files but you can indeed brick if you mess around too much with ftpiiu everywhere so be careful.

Hi, I'm having a problem with the download speed being really slow. It downloads, but at around 10 KB/S to 40 KB/S (as reported by the app).
This is on a 6 megabit connection, and I can reach 6 megabits on the same computer through other programs such as qBittorrent.
This is through a wireless connection, but happens even when nothing else is on the network (wired or wireless, and confirmed through the router) and nothing else is downloading on the computer (confirmed through Netlimiter along with the network speed matching the Wii U USB Helper download speed).
The computer running Wii U USB Helper is a Windows 10 x64 computer. I've also tried running it through a VPN, but no difference, and through a Windows 7 x64 virtual machine both with and without a VPN, and with the VPN connected to different countries, but it makes no difference whatsoever.
Oddly, when I connect to the same wireless network with my Android Phone and run Wii U USB Helper GO! (on a Oneplus 3 on Android N) in the same room as my computer (which is also on a wireless connection) it downloads at around 3 megabits per second, approximately 20x the speed the desktop app downloads at.

Any ideas for what the cause could be? As previously mentioned, it only occurs with this program, all others can get a fast connection.
Sorry for the late reply.
It's difficult to say what may be causing this. There is an option to limit the download speed but it's off by default (set to 0).
I suspect you may have a program like a firewall or antivirus which is limiting the bandwidth the application can use.
Can you make sure the application is whitelisted?

With the new Homebrew forwarder showing up, what happens if I try to install that (and the homebrew app itself) with the WUP installer? :)
Well it will just install the Homebrew channel on your home menu ;) But of course those titles are fakesigned so you need to use a cfw to be able to launch them.

Reactions: mostafa

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have trouble with another 3DS game that should be "ALL" region according to other sources, but it shows up as "EUR" in this program instead. The game is Kirby Planet Robobot. Can this be switched to the correct region?

9JohnSmith9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for the late reply.
It's difficult to say what may be causing this. There is an option to limit the download speed but it's off by default (set to 0).
I suspect you may have a program like a firewall or antivirus which is limiting the bandwidth the application can use.
Can you make sure the application is whitelisted?
Only firewall I have is Windows firewall, and I've ensured that it's whitelisted. As for antivirus, I have malwarebytes, but it hasn't taken any action. I'll try temporarily disabling windows firewall and malware bytes and report back with the results hopefully within a day.
The speed limit is set to 0 for disabled, I tried setting it absurdly high (eg 50000) but it made no difference.
I find the behaviour fascinating, as I would expect it to be caused by user error, but running it in a clean virtual machine should have limited that possibility. I'll try running it on a different computer on the same network, and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help and advice, and especially for making such a useful program! I really appreciate it :)

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokken tournament nor The Lego Movie game would install with wup installer mod

IMG_0814.JPG
It gets some error about confrim wup files in folder. Try power down. What is that?

I verifity the files and its all 100% so im not sure what the issue here is.

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the copy tool that's built into the usbhelper? I copied a game over manually one time (drag and drop) and I got an error on the install.

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran

View attachment 99497
It gets some error about confrim wup files in folder. Try power down. What is that?

Are you using the copy tool that's built into the usbhelper? I copied a game over manually one time (drag and drop) and I got an error on the install.

You must change the folder name when copied onto the SDcard

Because the wupInstaller has a problem with some characters
for example : ® é ™ ’ Ō "

Try to use simple English letters and numbers only

Last edited by mostafa,
Reactions: DaTank45

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You must change the folder name when copied onto the SDcard

Because the wupInstaller has a problem with some characters
for example : ® é ™ ’ Ō "

Try to use simple English letters and numbers only

Yes I used the copy tool thing too, ill try renaming the folder see if that works

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you are supposed too but I always have the name of the game followed by the title id from that title key site so it looks like this... new super mario bros u [00580998765966] then I install the game. Never had any issues

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Only firewall I have is Windows firewall, and I've ensured that it's whitelisted. As for antivirus, I have malwarebytes, but it hasn't taken any action. I'll try temporarily disabling windows firewall and malware bytes and report back with the results hopefully within a day.
The speed limit is set to 0 for disabled, I tried setting it absurdly high (eg 50000) but it made no difference.
I find the behaviour fascinating, as I would expect it to be caused by user error, but running it in a clean virtual machine should have limited that possibility. I'll try running it on a different computer on the same network, and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help and advice, and especially for making such a useful program! I really appreciate it :)
Alright keep me posted on the results :)

View attachment 99497

This does not seem to be related to the name of the folder.
Dumb question, but we've got to start at the beginning, did you try powering down the system as indicated?

cholaloula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright keep me posted on the results :)

This does not seem to be related to the name of the folder.
Dumb question, but we've got to start at the beginning, did you try powering down the system as indicated?
I had the exact same problém with pokken, and renamin it with a very short name like "poke" did it. I don't know if it was due to wrong characters or name lenght but it solved it :)

CRektServer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a few questions re Updates/DLC that I haven't seen being asked on this thread yet (sorry if they already are).

When installing the Game+Update+DLC with CFW, is CFW then required to be launched before playing the game each time? (if so, what about games that do not have DLC?)
Is it okay to let the WiiU Update the game? I installed a game with an update but the Wii U persisted there was new update and updated the game itself. The game seems to function, but I'm not sure if this is proper protocol?
Is it safe to remove the games by simply deleting them within the Data Management of the WiiU System Settings?

Thanks in advanced! Also, props to a great application!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok